Author Topic: DPG Eulogy droppin august 23rd...download trailer  (Read 845 times)

Paul

Re: DPG Eulogy droppin august 23rd...download trailer
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2005, 11:23:48 AM »
Dr.Dre Doesnt needs Daz ...But Daz sure needs Dr.Dre...as matter of fact Daz is just a clown, he's on the same level as afroman to me , the weakest link of DPGC , its true that He got a Dope flow but thats about it...

your crazy comparing daz 2 afroman
daz doesnt jus hav a dope flow he knows wot hes doin in the music buisiness and i know hardly any1 will agree
also imo daz is a more creative producer than dre and he can write his own rhymes
funkyfreshintheflesh

Acgrundy

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2005, 05:23:31 PM »
^^^^ see thats just nonsense.  daz is not a more creative producer than dre.  what in the world were you smoking when you thought that up?  and daz can't write good rhymes.  its obvious back in his death row days he had a TON of help writing his lyrics.  not to mention the help he got with producing too.  daz can't mix records.  dre mixed the entire dogg food album.  mike dean mixed the entire dillinger and young gotti album.  when daz mixes his own beats they usually end up shitty.

Mygla

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2005, 09:46:02 AM »
soopafly even stated in an interview that some beats on the early DR albums was bought by Daz under the table...

Daz is a tight producer... but nowhere close to Dre.

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2005, 10:09:29 AM »
Every single Daz beat on "Dogg Food" = Mixed by Dr. Dre
Every single Daz beat on "Murder Was The Case" soundtrack - Mixed by Dr. Dre
Every single Daz beat on "All Eyez On Me" = Mixed by DJ Quik

I respect Daz for being a big part of the West Coast in the early to mid 90's, but he ain't even close to being as dope as some think he is. Plus, for all the shit he talks and puts out now in 2005, it's hard to give the dude any credit. Dre's still making millions, while Daz isn't. There's a reason for that.

MOB

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2005, 12:37:38 PM »
^^mixing and producing are 2 different things!

ABN

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2005, 12:52:50 PM »
yea but mixing is a HUGE part of the proccess of makin dope records. and Dre is without a doubt one of the best in the entire business when it comes to mixing. and a great mix can make a record twice as dope and at the same time it can ruin a song.

wcsoldier

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2005, 12:57:53 PM »
yea but mixing is a HUGE part of the proccess of makin dope records. and Dre is without a doubt one of the best in the entire business when it comes to mixing. and a great mix can make a record twice as dope and at the same time it can ruin a song.
yep that's why Dre mixed lots of songs he didn't produce

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2005, 01:12:29 PM »
Mixing's real important now more than ever.

Every major hit that 50's had since the jump has been mixed by Dre.

21 Questions, P.I.M.P., Disco Inferno, Candy Shop, Just A Lil Bit...mixing's more than just putting lyrics to the beat, it's adding or subracting music, directing the concept, adding vocals from another artist, switching shit up...all sorts of things. Imagine how the Dogg Food album would sound without Dre's influence.