Author Topic: Knicks prove their stupidity..again!!  (Read 493 times)

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Knicks prove their stupidity..again!!
« on: July 17, 2005, 03:06:15 AM »
The already over the cap limit knicks have signed an avg not live up to his potential player in jerome james to sucha bogus deal get dis 5 years 29 million hahahaha..i thought it was some late april fools joke dam..ok i admit he showed flashes of brilliance (he was only doin his job mind u) in the first round but den what happened after dat. he tottaly disapeared. The guy turns 30 in November adn his carrer avg's are 4.9 points and 3.9 rebounds

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Knicks prove their stupidity..again!!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 08:48:15 AM »
We signed him for some inside toughness and shot blocking (we were last in it last season)... who cares what his point average was?
He plays the pick and roll to perfection, and that is Marbury's prefered style (he did it with KT all last season)... The MLE is for teams in capped out situations, its not as if we over paid him, look at the market value this season. Redd = Max, Joe Johnson = Max, Dalembert = Max, Big Z, 60 mil........ then u have Jerome James getting 29 mil. He has been signed to make sure Channing Frye doesnt have to handle too much pressure in his first year or so, and after Frye is ready he will be a good supporting player...

so, umm, what you got to say about that wise guy'?  :laugh:

krazykokonutz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005, 12:15:44 PM »
We signed him for some inside toughness and shot blocking (we were last in it last season)... who cares what his point average was?
He plays the pick and roll to perfection, and that is Marbury's prefered style (he did it with KT all last season)... The MLE is for teams in capped out situations, its not as if we over paid him, look at the market value this season. Redd = Max, Joe Johnson = Max, Dalembert = Max, Big Z, 60 mil........ then u have Jerome James getting 29 mil. He has been signed to make sure Channing Frye doesnt have to handle too much pressure in his first year or so, and after Frye is ready he will be a good supporting player...

i agree , sometimes the presence of a big man is needed and they used the mle??? its for these kinds of situations and i agree also that the some players were overpayed big time!! thats why i was sure caron butler wouldve gotten a better deal on another team if we wouldve kept him. i think jerome james was brought in for defensive purposes. this is a particularly fair move...but on other things i think isaiah has done a bad job

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 04:24:46 PM »

lol ooooo i cccc it all make good sense now  :P

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2005, 12:18:15 PM »
He'll either be a major flop or pay off for the Knicks...I hope it's the second one.

CanadActive

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Only one GOAT... MJ
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2005, 12:48:58 PM »
I don't think this is the solution.  Jerome James is not a great player, is a good player who can have a good game once in a while.  To my humble opinion, the Knicks need :

1) Team chemistry
2) Big man who can score (and rebound off course)
3) Zeke as a coach
4) 2 or 3 flashy player to get the crowd involve (I know they have Starbury and Crawford, but i'm looking for someone who can throw it down more than once a year)
5) The explosion of David Lee (who can be the need #4)

With at least 3 or 4 of those needs the Knicks will be good to make the playoff.

That's what I think.
The Canadian Polish

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2005, 12:55:59 PM »
I don't think this is the solution.  Jerome James is not a great player, is a good player who can have a good game once in a while.  To my humble opinion, the Knicks need :

1) Team chemistry
3) Zeke as a coach
4) 2 or 3 flashy player to get the crowd involve (I know they have Starbury and Crawford, but i'm looking for someone who can throw it down more than once a year)

With at least 3 or 4 of those needs the Knicks will be good to make the playoff.

That's what I think.

haah ur no. 1 - team chemistry, is like biggest problem with every new york sportin franchise well atleast the rangers

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2005, 01:23:43 PM »
Knicks will reach the playoffs next year...

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2005, 02:05:02 PM »
fuck the knicks...most pathetic franchise right now,only person that could save them is Larry Brown...um by the way,LB aint coaching the pistons next season

ShadyGuru

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2005, 03:29:52 PM »
seriously, worst move ever.  What is isiah thomas thinking these days?

WestCoasta

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2005, 05:05:05 PM »
Knicks are stupid
give Allan Houston a $100 million contract  ::)
NBA salaries are the most ridiculous in all of sports

example - Bobby Simmons will get $9 million for the next 5 years on the BUCKS!
              nice waste of money, he's a good player but geez, ALL THAT FUCKIN MONEY FOR HIM?!
there are guys on the bench who average 2 points and 2 rebounds and get $5 million, it's sick
I have no problem with guys earning money, but talk about throwing money at someone for nothing

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2005, 03:24:07 AM »

1) Team chemistry
3) Zeke as a coach

That's what I think.

Firstly, James is not supposed to be "the answer". But we werent about to enter the season with 6"11 rookie Channing Frye as our only big. Just wasnt happening...

1) Team chemistry, will take time so thats hard
2) Big man who can score, Ftye is showing a nice offensive game in SL, and Sweets has always been effective inside.
3) Zeke aint the answer, someone with hardline discipline is. Hopefully LB gets the gig.
4) You gotta be kidding right. Trevor Ariza & Nate Robinson are exactly what this point asked for. Ariza was seriously one of the biggest things to happen for the Knicks last season. He throws down some MASSIVE put backs and gets basically a steal and fastbreak dunk every game. With Nate on the team now, shits gonna go off!!! Also (i watched 52 of 82 Knicks games last season thanks to my Knicks subscription), Jamal Crawford gets the crowd ooohing and aaahing almost every game with his killer cross over.
5) I hope he explodes into the league also...

CanadActive

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Only one GOAT... MJ
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2005, 05:39:42 AM »
My bad about Ariza, I totally forgot him.  But at the same time they need a flashy player who can score 15 on a regular and so far this is not what Ariza do.  La rry Brown would be dope.

And Crawford Ouch, he is so good (in my personal top 5)
The Canadian Polish

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2005, 04:40:17 AM »
Ariza was a rookie with minimal playing time last season...Give him 3 years, and he will be an all-star caliber player...PeACe

mrceo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • More Greens Than The Jolly Green Giant
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2005, 12:11:58 AM »
Its about Nate Rob baby, hes gonna shine, he can probably dunk better than starbury can, i think hell be in the running for the sixth man award, anybody elses views on this monster