Author Topic: best mainstream(ish) recent club tracks  (Read 640 times)

Matty

Re: best mainstream(ish) recent club tracks
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2005, 05:38:55 PM »
"those are ALL OLD"

well if new means leaked onto the internet within the past 2 days then sure they are all old but coming from a perspective here in the uk tracks like potion and especially shit like fandango which is pretty 'underground' by uk standards are actually very new cuts. some of the other tracks i listed aren't so new but still get a lot of love here. especially drop it like its hot that track has been on constantly since it came out.

and i really dunno what gets played in clubs much in america. i see a list containing a whole grip of westcoast tracks which is dope but if that aint mainstream and played in a lot of clubs (and if they are its obviously a good thing) then that really wasn't what i was getting at. just trying to see what people thought of the mainstream shit cause imo there is a difference between it all. some is straight trash and some can be very tolerable in the right situations 8)

peace

SGV

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2005, 05:43:05 PM »
They DO NOT play many West Coast tracks in Clubs here.

You'll get Game, Dogg Pound's "What Would U Do," of course a lot of Dre and Snoop, maybe a Quik, sometimes "Why U Bullshittin'," maybe some E-40 or Too Short, "We Can Freak It" on a rare occassion, "I Got Five On It," but it doesn't really get any deeper than that.

Suga Foot

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2005, 05:50:03 PM »
the only thing I hate is when a popular song comes on in the club and you don't know it, lol.  That shit is embarassing.  Like back when Bone Crusher "Never Scared" was big, it would come on and everyone would sing with it, but I didn't know it, people were lookin at me like I was from out of town or something lol.

Matty

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2005, 05:53:13 PM »
oh well. but like i said i still think there's a big difference between a lot of mainstream stuff. some is a lot better than other stuff and you can still look 'cool' while dancing to it. its all about knowing how to dance at the end of the day if your scared about 'looking like a homo faggot dancing to will smith' then you wont be having much fun out and about. i can nod my head to gangsta music too but i'd rather accept all kinds of music and dance like these guys

http://s19.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=04RDI2N024HOU13RSPMMS5IGRO

now thats gangsta

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2005, 08:12:22 PM »
They DO NOT play many West Coast tracks in Clubs here.

You'll get Game, Dogg Pound's "What Would U Do," of course a lot of Dre and Snoop, maybe a Quik, sometimes "Why U Bullshittin'," maybe some E-40 or Too Short, "We Can Freak It" on a rare occassion, "I Got Five On It," but it doesn't really get any deeper than that.

haha amen to that

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2005, 06:54:41 AM »
Here's my list of bangers (look for them and if you don't dance i might be wrong, but you will dance)

J Steez ft. Bad Azz - R U Feelin it
Suga Free - Inside Out
Suga Free ft. J Steez - I Would Die For You
Slim Calhoun - The Cut Song
Slim Calhoun - It's Ok
Kokane - Give a Dawg a Bone (you gotta feel the vibe on this one)
Lost Boyz - Plug Me In
Tha Eastsidaz - Now We Lay Em Down (If you wanna put the party in a place play this song)
Roscoe - Get Ready

Here's some non-rap songs that bang (mostly Dub and Reagge songs)

Black Uhuru - It's a Party
Black Uhuru - Guess who's Coming to Dinner
Black Uhuru - Here come Black Uhuru
Thievery Corporation - Babylon Rewound
Gold Master All-Stars - Push Harder (the ultimate party song trust me)
Curtis Mayfield - Move on Up

You bump that shit in a club, it will be completely empty or turn into a sausage party lol

'I don't get it
I mean you niggas claim to be riders and thugged out
And super OG and all that old shit
But for real, what would you really rather be doin?
Would you rather be in these streets scrappin and shootin with these niggas
Or somewhere with a blunt in your mouth
Getting ya dick sucked by a bad ass bitch?
(Yeah that's me) Hm?'

Elevz

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2005, 09:58:54 AM »
Out here in Holland... Right now it's "Wait", "Playas only" and "Just a lil bit". Can't really think of any others right now. Maybe "Hate it or love it" too. There's just not that many good hiphop club tracks out here right now as far as I'm concerned.

'EclipZe

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2005, 10:26:21 AM »
^ spin that reggaeton ish allot too, lots of nina sky, sean paul , shit like that

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2005, 12:57:08 PM »
This debate always come around every couple of months or so. I look at it like this, the stuff they play in clubs is for all intents and purposes usually shit, its just the stuff thats getting radio play or by artists that are popular at that time. However, whilst I would never listen to this stuff at home, in a club with a load of fine girls dancing, and a good amount of alcohol on board, this sort of stuff is perfect for dancing (and pulling) to. I'd rather a load of played out rnb be played that some Livin On A Prayer, Grease Lighting type shit that some clubs put down, and is a lot better than "dance" music.

A club I went to with my mates when I was down in New Quay basically had a main room that was playing all of the aforementioned kinda tracks, and was packed (including a lot of fine girls). It also then had a hiphop room which was full of blokes. That was the perfect setup though, cause it meant I could get drunk as hell whilst in the hiphop room going crazy to "Simon Says", "Ante Up", "HipHop" and so on, and then when I reached the point where anything would sound good and I wanted to pull, I moved on over into the main room for the rest of the night (taking a few more short trips to the hiphop room to clense myself). If only all clubs had that kind of setup I'd be a happy guy.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2005, 01:36:12 PM »
recently i'd have to say

Whatchu gon do-lil jon and lil scrappy
How we do-game
toma-pitbull
damn it man-pitbull
drop it like its hot-snoop
gasolina-daddy yankee
lo que paso paso-daddy yankee
back then -mike jones
make her feel good-teairri mari
trillville-some cut
whisper song(wait)-yin yang twins

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2005, 01:40:07 PM »
^ spin that reggaeton ish allot too, lots of nina sky, sean paul , shit like that
yeah the new wave of club bangers is reggaeton

speaking on reggaeton though

i think it's funny how people in New York and shit are all up on that Reggaeton shit like they invented it or it's something new...................that's shit has been around forever and a fuckin day

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

SGV

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2005, 01:50:43 PM »
That's because most Puerto Ricans, Domicans, Cubans, etc. have been on this shit for a minute. So have Central Americans... I was bangin' Reggaeton (excluding El General) back in like 97. Most Mexicans weren't up on this shit until last year, more or less. NY BEEN bumpin' Reggaeton. As a matter of fact, any Rap in Spanish is considered Reggaeton in NY.

SMG

• Lil Geezy
  • SmG SouTH eND SeA-ToWn
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2005, 02:01:03 PM »
Webbie n Bun B, Diamonds are forever, and all the H-town foos

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2005, 02:04:22 PM »
Wow,how can people be actually so fuckin stiff???I mean,are you just gonna sit there the whole time in the club or dance wit the girl you came wit???Hip hop fans need to stop actin like club tracks aint good,I mean if you dont dance to that then what the hell do you dance to???

CanadActive

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Only one GOAT... MJ
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2005, 07:43:00 AM »
Hey Rastaman Vibration, that's what i'm talking bout.  This kind of clubs sound good to me.  BTW I don't wanna say I hate people who like that music, I just say I hate that Kind of music.

I know a couple of place like the one Rastaman Vibration was talking about, and that kind of place are the shit.  A couple of tracks (ok I agree that those are not the best club bangers, but they make you wanna party at least) from my list are usualy played in this kind of place.
The Canadian Polish