Author Topic: The Greatest 50 Hip-hop Albums Ever - #16  (Read 942 times)

Elevz

Re: The Greatest 50 Hip-hop Albums Ever - #16
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2005, 04:11:58 PM »
Well, I was already expecting this around #41, remember ;)

I'll definately agree with where this is placed on the list. The album isn't more than it is. Just great music, laid back, excellent rapping by Snoop & the guests, top notch production by Dre... But yet, don't make it more than it actually was. Content wise, Snoop didn't really bring that much news to the table (apart from Murder Was The Case maybe). Then again, that's not really what to expect from him. Great album, we all know that. Just... There's more great albums out there, competing for a spot way up in this list.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2005, 04:12:12 PM »
lyrics
::)

nevertheless, it could be top 10 for me too, but still, whereas I think Chronic has to be top 10 (cause of its great influence and its plain dopeness combined), this one might as well be no. 16...it´s amazing G-Funk, but you can indeed find 15 albums that classify as ´greater´...just take EPMD, Rakim & Eric B, BDP, Nas & RUN-DMC´s most important albums and you´ve already got a good point not making it top 5. Props again, however.

yes i said lyrics, and wut? it aint gotta be on some rakim or nas shit to be amazing lyrically, lyrics are what it is....not everyone drops lines like nas but they still amazing.......

and nah i dont see many albums better than this, and i think white ppl dont like snoop or appreciate his music as much as black ppl cuz his shits to laid out with funk and rhythm, white ppl prefer rigid shit or they consider something with alot of deep lyrics which sounds wack on a beat real dope over something sick....but thats just my opinion and it has been for time on snoop, it wont change.

never the less, this album is without a doubt top 5 album........in my opinion.......appreacite the post knuckles....just droppin my thoughts........

youo'll find much mo ppl think its atleast a top 10 album than anything less than that.......and for me personally,its one of my best 4 albums ever made....

everything about it was right, this is the reason why snoop has been runnin the coast till now still.......niggaz still live off the hope he can drop something 60% of what this is.......and it'l still be near classic atleast if its 60% as good as this

peace

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2005, 04:14:16 PM »
Jesus, i don't even know what album is better than Doggystyle. i know The Chronic is comin up, but in my book it's not quite as good as Doggystyle.. Doggy is probably my #1 or #2 album ever
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

PLANT

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2005, 04:52:36 PM »
The Chronic album may have been more of a "Groundbreaking" release but I think overall "Doggystyle" is a better album.  The more I think about it the more I really think this album should be top 5, at least in the top 10.

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2005, 05:06:17 PM »
I'm not complaining, as this list has made for a great read. However, this album is up there in my top five of all time.
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

Diabolical

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2005, 05:36:37 PM »
This is my number two album(No1 goin to Brotha Lynch "Season...").

I can wait to se the rest

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2005, 07:08:34 PM »
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

rafsta

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2005, 07:14:36 PM »
pity snoop didnt write all the lyrics on this masterpiece...

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2005, 08:44:06 PM »
Easily in my top 5 all time.....quite possibly even at the #2 spot (behind 7 Day Theory of course).

also, along with All Eyez On Me and E.1999 Eternal (another album which shoulda made the list), my most played album of all time.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 08:48:22 PM by ImmortalOne »
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2005, 10:02:24 PM »
wow this should be A LOT higher

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

We Fly High

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2005, 12:13:33 AM »
this position is about right. although i do listen to this album a lot more than others in the top 15, i still think the top 15 are still greater hip hop albums in the general sense.

the last remaining 15 in no order.  this is what i think is going to be.
1. criminal minded - bdp
2. paid in full - eric b and rakim
3. great adventures of slick rick - slick rick
4. midnight marauders -atcq
5. low end theory - atcq
6. it takes a nation of millions to hold us back - PE
7. illmatic - nas
8. amerikkkaz most wanted - ice cube
9. straight outta compton - nwa
10. the chronic - dre
11. pauls boutique - beastie boys
12. ready to die - biggie
13. wu tang clan - 36 chambers
14. gangstarr - daily operation
15. raising hell - run dmc

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2005, 12:27:21 AM »
^^^Those are the remaining albums?? Heh.....cant say I agree. In fact, only about 3 or 4 of them would be in my top 15, but to each his own I guess. I respect the impact those albums had but many of them are too dated for my taste.

Also, I find it blasphemous that Me Against The World didnt make the top 50 all time. Are you kidding me?? We're talking about one of the greatest works from one of the greatest (if not THE greatest) hip hop artists of all time. E.1999 Eternal shoulda been on there too.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 12:35:13 AM by ImmortalOne »
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

We Fly High

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2005, 12:56:36 AM »
the only shit i dont really bump on that list is probably run dmc, the sound is definitely kind dated.. everything else i like a lot. and  pauls boutique i got to be in the mood for. but its still a dope album regardless.

i dunno about bone thugs e1999 eternal.. i mean it was a good album .. but i dont thijnk it holds weight to any of the 50 albums that are going to be listed..i dont know bone thugs just isnt my taste at all for some reason.

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2005, 01:32:15 AM »
I'm calling Paid In Full as the number 1 album right now..

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2005, 01:34:17 AM »
Doesnt  midnight marauders have the best intermissions or "skits" on an album?!  That Tour Guide gives that album an extra push...it just feels like ur actually going on a hip hop ride.  Anybody else agree?