Author Topic: politics of the future  (Read 124 times)

Thirteen

politics of the future
« on: July 21, 2005, 05:19:58 PM »
the recent complaint of GTA SA got me thinking...

people our age have grown up with video games, they're still pretty much taboo for the older generation. music has gotten more discriptive, and you pretty much can see anything you want on tv. that doesn't seem to bother many of us, the only people i hear complaining about violence and sex on this board is infinite.

So can you see politicians of the future creating such issues over the media?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: politics of the future
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 03:50:10 AM »
The new youth lacks empathy, that's for sure. The problem is, the youth of today will be the politicians, movie makers, game makers, entertainers, rich boys of tomorrow, so consequently the media and shit will get even more disturbing, which means the future youth will have even less empathy, etc. Ultimately, the world is fucked. I can see it when I see the 5graders in my school jumpin on each other. I know it wasn't going down like that when I was a kid, and I know it wasnt going down like that 3-4 years ago either --- and I know, it will be going down even harder a couple years from now. The stuff in your brain that tells you when it is enough and when you have to stop, gets weaker and weaker, until it's gone.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

UAK

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 07:29:12 AM »

people our age have grown up with video games, they're still pretty much taboo for the older generation. music has gotten more discriptive, and you pretty much can see anything you want on tv. that doesn't seem to bother many of us, the only people i hear complaining about violence and sex on this board is infinite.

Don't blame the politicians they can care less about video game, blame the christians and soccer moms that pressure them, threatening votes.

Thirteen

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 07:25:45 PM »
it's the polititions... if every person running for senate just said "i don't see nothing wrong with games" then the christians and soccer moms would still want to vote for someone, but some polititions are pansies and try to go for easy votes

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005, 08:27:42 PM »

Don't blame the politicians they can care less about video game, blame the christians and soccer moms that pressure them, threatening votes.
:'( i agree with Kain......

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2005, 02:25:49 AM »
It really depends on the kid. I hope noone on this forum has turned into a serial killer after playing any of the GTAs. And the real problem is with the parents. They have that M/AO rating on the game for a reason. You can't blame a game for causing violence when you bought it for your kid. But of course the blame can't be put on the parents because that would make too much sense.

Diabolical

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2005, 06:51:20 AM »
After they find someone to blame they always change the story so they dont look bad.
Like, on TV they never mention that GTA has an 18(mature) rating because then the blame can only lie on the parent.
So they dont mention it and everyone will continue to blame the makers.

blend

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2005, 07:12:21 AM »
"Television the drug of the nation breeding ignorance and feeding radiation" Forgot who sang that hiphopcriscy or something.

Any way Consumerism is worst then violence in media any day. Cause it attempts to make you feel inferior or incomplete thereby pissing you off or getting you depressed. When you aint happy violence is you outlet.