Author Topic: Breaking News!!! London police shoot innocent man in head 5 times  (Read 3471 times)

Fuck You, Pay Me

• 'G'
Re: Breaking News!!! London police shoot innocent man in head 5 times
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2005, 02:45:47 AM »
I think there's a middleground between "the cops did the right thing" and "the cops were fuckin lunatics".....

Did the cops have a reason to be suspicious about the man? Of course.
Since the man was illegally in the country, did he have a reason to be scared? Yeah.
Do we know about anyone else being after that guy? No.
Could the cops have gone about this in a better way? I think so. You don't just shoot someone 8 times under the basis of suspicion.

The police had to act in a split second. If I was in their situation I probably would have done the same thing.

Yes, but you're a fucking idiot, so that holds no weight here. Go make posts about how much you would love some German dick, TOT just isn't your place.

mauzip

« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2005, 02:48:21 AM »
Seer... you mentioned that context is important, which it is... but I'd like to know at which point you believe it is reasonable to shoot a man 8 times on the basis of "suspicion".

He already gave the answer in this thread.

TOT just isn't your place.

Don Seer

« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2005, 02:50:06 AM »
yes i did.

he refused to stop when police asked him, he illegaly entered a subway station and boarded a train full of passengers.

put yourself in the mindset of an armed person specifically tasked with preventing suicide bombers on trains.

i'm NOT saying it was right, i'm saying it is an UNDERSTANDABLE action.

Don Seer

« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2005, 03:05:10 AM »
.. you said yourself that he was a "suspected" suicide bomber (fact is, he wasn't)...

why was he not a suspected bomber?

he came from the house  they were watching..
he was wearing unseasonably large clothin.. which they though could be concealing something..
he refused to stop for the police

fact is he WAS

so my question is at what point should the suspicion lead to 8 shots to the guy's head.... I mean did the cops see anything resembling a bomb on the guy? I mean let's use the CWalker/Trauma mentality and ask if the guy said Allahu Akbar when he ran? LOL what did the guy do to make them go from "this guy is suspicious" to "this guy is gonna blow this shit up"

the "suspicion" you said doesn't exist was heightened by the fact that he made a direct bee line for a train fill of passengers.. that is the exact worse thing dude could have done in his situation. to the dude himself... theres obviously nothing wrong with that.

but the police DID suspect of him being a bomber therefore they took the necessary actions to prevent a detonation..

Fuck You, Pay Me

• 'G'
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2005, 03:06:33 AM »
LOL... no man.. I said "he was a "suspected" suicide bomber (fact is, he wasn't)"... as in wasn't a suicide bomber.

Don Seer

« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2005, 03:08:59 AM »
right.

well.. rmovnig that confusin.. most of the second part of my reply still stands..

i expect there is some kind of "threat" model these armed police follow which escalates until the suspect boards a train.

the guys actions sadly ran him up the levels of this threat model

Fuck You, Pay Me

• 'G'
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2005, 03:15:44 AM »
So in conclusion ... the cops' actions are understandable but not right...?

Don Seer

« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2005, 03:22:52 AM »
well only not right in the sense that dude was innocent.

he should have stopped when the police told him to. i would.

thing is ... i don't know if uniformed officers were also involved..

he may have believed they were police and run anyway due to this alleged visa thing..

but surely he must have known about the bombings and known there'd be extra police around..
so running into a station AWAY from the police where he knows that police presence has been increased
is also a pretty dumb move..

Don Seer

« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2005, 03:43:52 AM »

no. you miss my point about the cops having a "threat" order. therefore they didnt have so many decisions to make.. they were following a set plan. a lot of their decisions were already made.

UAK

« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2005, 06:23:36 AM »
UK to speed compensation claim for Brazil victim
25 Jul 2005 19:57:12 GMT
Source: Reuters
By Katherine Baldwin

LONDON, July 25 (Reuters) - Britain promised on Monday to deal "sympathetically and quickly" with a claim for compensation from the family of a Brazilian who was shot dead by police in London after being mistaken for a suicide bomber.

Jean Charles de Menezes, 27, was killed by police at Stockwell underground station in south London on Friday in what police admit was a tragic error.

The Independent Police Complaints Commission, investigating his death, said on Monday Menezes was shot eight times.

The commission has said "the claim (for compensation) would be handled sympathetically and quickly," Foreign Secretary Jack Straw told reporters at a joint news conference with his Brazilian counterpart Celso Amorim.

Straw also said police had promised to expedite the release of Menezes body to his family, described by Amorim as "humble".

Menezes' death, which has angered Brazilians, came a day after four bombs left on underground trains and a bus failed to explode in an attack apparently designed to mirror four suicide bombings on July 7 that killed 52 people.

Police said Menezes had emerged from a building that was under surveillance and had then taken a bus to Stockwell station, where he refused orders to halt and ran onto an underground train.

As relatives and friends struggled to understand why Menezes would have run from the police, Straw and Amorim both said they understood the Brazilian electrician, who friends say had been in the country for three years, was living legally in Britain.

The Home Office has declined to comment on his immigration status.

Asked if he was satisfied with Britain's response to the shooting, Amorim said it was too early to say:

"I think I can only give that reply in full when all the stages already mentioned have been fulfilled, when the investigation has been completed and if guilty people have been punished, if it was an accident or an error or whether it was something else, when the questions relating to the family have been settled," he said.

Amorim said he stressed to Straw the fight against terrorism had to be conducted with respect for human rights.

"Of course if things happen in the way that they apparently happened this time it may play into the hands of terrorism," he added.

Relatives and friends want to know why police did not attempt to stop Menezes as he travelled on the bus to the underground station and how exactly they ordered him to stop.

There are already over 100 witness statements, the Commission said.

The second wave of attacks has left British police scrambling to find four men they fear are prepared to blow up themselves and the public.

Despite the shooting of Menezes, police have defended their policy to shoot to kill suspected suicide bombers.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2005, 08:49:41 AM »
they fucked up when they shot him in the head 5-8 times. whatever it was.

J Bananas

« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2005, 10:06:04 AM »
I guess Europe is filled with hicks too

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2005, 10:52:05 AM »
does it really matter how many times he was shot? hes dead it doesn't make any difference

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Thirteen

« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2005, 11:17:55 AM »
the cops followed correct procedures once again. more than likely you won't see any punishment come to those involved.

the only good thing to come from this is that news article taht mauzip posted up, at least the family will get some sort of settlement

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2005, 12:13:25 PM »
does it really matter how many times he was shot? hes dead it doesn't make any difference

last time i chked it usually takes 1 bullet in the head to kill somebody. 8 seems a bit excessive.