Author Topic: any brits noticed the huge police presence or is it just my area?  (Read 299 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
I live just outside london so its not like the city or anything where u think there maybe a terrorist threat but i've noticed a large increase in police lately on thursday night i was pulled over in my mates car and friday night the police followed me home and wanted to breathalise me (but couldn't find the tube to do it haha) and on the streets more bobbys and more patrol cars maybe its to do with anti social behaviour i dunno its just suprising its happening on this scale in small towns when london must need every officer they can get

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

UAK

Re: any brits noticed the huge police presence or is it just my area?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005, 07:43:45 AM »
I live just outside london so its not like the city or anything where u think there maybe a terrorist threat but i've noticed a large increase in police lately on thursday night i was pulled over in my mates car and friday night the police followed me home and wanted to breathalise me (but couldn't find the tube to do it haha) and on the streets more bobbys and more patrol cars maybe its to do with anti social behaviour i dunno its just suprising its happening on this scale in small towns when london must need every officer they can get

Maybe they have specific threats/info for your town.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2005, 07:51:40 AM »

doubtful they're not gonna target a town of 20 thousand when you have a city of about 10 million 20 minutes down the road

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

UAK

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2005, 08:01:18 AM »

doubtful they're not gonna target a town of 20 thousand when you have a city of about 10 million 20 minutes down the road

lol you're an easy target without all those cameras.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2005, 08:04:19 AM »
RIP
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

J Bananas

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2005, 02:59:44 PM »
Just keep repeating, "we are not afraid, we are not afraid!"

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2005, 03:05:22 PM »

lol you're an easy target without all those cameras.

whoa..
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Fuck You, Pay Me

• 'G'
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2005, 03:08:07 PM »
Just keep repeating, "we are not afraid, we are not afraid!"

LMAO

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2005, 03:46:37 PM »

No change down here.. I haven't been to any cities since all this.. was gonna go to Bristol yesterday but didn't in the end.

My sis goes to Uni in birmingham for a week ago soon.. maybe she'll notice something..

Fuck You, Pay Me

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2005, 04:03:21 PM »
My sis goes to Uni in birmingham for a week ago soon..

So she's the smart one in the fam huh?

Suga Foot

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2005, 07:39:31 PM »
My sis goes to Uni in birmingham for a week ago soon..

So she's the smart one in the fam huh?

LOL

Don Seer

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2005, 11:42:51 PM »
wrote that just before bed last night.. haha..

think i meant again? lol

and btw.. birmingham is where they evacuated the city centre on a sat night shortly after the first bombings

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2005, 05:01:47 AM »
I have to say the subway here was packed with cops as well. Never been like that on a normal day before.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 05:55:31 AM by 7even the Annoyed One »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Don Seer

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2005, 05:54:06 AM »
a guy that works here told me that his wife came back down via swindon (about 80 miles north east from here) and that the station there was filled with armed police.

swindon was one of the 2 stations outside london that were closed when the first bombings happened.

the swindon station is in the middle of the country (ish) and serves as a point where lines coming down from the north and up from the south west link with those coming from the east. (london)  Tthe next most westerly major station after swindon is Bristol, then Taunton (where i live) (followed by exeter then plymouth)). So luckily i'm reasonably far removed from all this business as 'terrorists' arent likely to have come from the south west since we have hardly any large middle eastern or asian immigrant populations down here.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 05:55:55 AM by Overseer »