Author Topic: Uk Hip-Hop  (Read 677 times)

Paul

Re: Uk Hip-Hop
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2005, 06:24:32 PM »
imo the best in the uk are the mitchel brothers seriously check them out
they are so different from that uk grime rap they hav story lines, situations and generally funny stuff in there songs
albums not out yet but singles released are
-routine check
-harvey nicks
-excuse my brother(classic)
funkyfreshintheflesh

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2005, 12:13:50 AM »
they are so different from that uk grime rap they hav story lines, situations and generally funny stuff in there songs
-routine check
-harvey nicks

could you hook up excuse my brother?...that shits tight....

and deres fuckn loads of uk talent now....even more than there was last time someone made this thread...

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2005, 09:18:55 AM »
-routine check
-harvey nicks

i aint been impressed by none of the mitchell brothers tracks yet.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Dj Eskimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamer
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2005, 03:43:56 AM »
props on the topic, Dizzee Rascal aint really UK Hip Hop, his more grime (new form of UK Garage)...

that Skinnyman album is a straight up classic!! i could listen to that album a million times and not be bored of it.  Wasnt really impressed with roots manuva nor the mitchell brothers... The streets albums tho are complete GENIUS, the first album is classic and the 2nd is near classic, if your into the streets check out the new album by KANO, its called 'Home Sweet Home' its a similar style to the streets.

Check out LOWKEY, this guy is a genius with words, he did a track about january last year featuring Doc Brown sampling the Mad World beat and it was mind blowing!

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamertaghere.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
http://www.myspace.com

Don Seer

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2005, 03:45:29 AM »

has no one heard the new Aspects?  (or even the old one?)

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2005, 11:52:57 AM »

ive seen aspwcts mentioned loads of times in hip hop connection, but ive never picked up any of there stuff.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2005, 12:02:31 PM »
Check out LOWKEY, this guy is a genius with words, he did a track about january last year featuring Doc Brown sampling the Mad World beat and it was mind blowing!

Dude knows whats up, definitely looking forward to that Lowkey full length.

CanadActive

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Only one GOAT... MJ
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2005, 12:28:59 PM »
Just wondering who is Lethal Bizzle ?
The Canadian Polish

bez

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2005, 12:54:32 PM »
AKALA!!!!!!!!

Don Seer

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2005, 12:56:23 PM »

ive seen aspwcts mentioned loads of times in hip hop connection, but ive never picked up any of there stuff.

although i'm a bit biased in how i found out about them they are dope! i like the new album a lot more than the first.. although that got them more recognition at the time. just a shame bubba's not with them anymore.

they did add this phat beat box dude called monkey moo.. he's real good!

2 guys i grew up with were in the group originally.. but one got booted out (bubbalouie aka bubber aka be-elzebub).. i saw him at a performance here by these bristol based ska dudes called "babyhead" about 2 months ago and he got up on stage with them. he told me he's working on some solo shit.

word is the other guy i know (el eye) has moved back to my town and is staying with his folks as his girl just had a baby.. but i haven't seen him around at all and neither have any of my peoples.. dude was in my class at primary school.. n after that we used to skateboard together n shit.. none of my skate homies have seen him n none of the people i know around the club scene here have either. i know his folks moved outta my area into a country pad as shit got too rough round here for them. he used to work in a record shop in bristol.. last saw him around february time he was still working up there thenl i heard he'd moved back down here.. but i haven't been back up to bristol again yet to see if theres bs behind that.. i doubt it coz the other dude still lives in bristol.. and his lil sis (who we used to babysit for with my sis!) works in something right near the record shop too..

« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 01:02:21 PM by Overseer »

bez

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2005, 12:59:22 PM »
If somebody could post up as much Skinnyman stuff as they could it would be appreciated.  I have heard only one track by him and that was off the Westwood album.  I wanna hear more. 

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2005, 05:47:12 AM »
i'll see what i can do, but would definatly recormend buying the album you gotta support your own man or it will never flurish. UK hiphop albums are the only cds i really buy these days

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Don Seer

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2005, 05:49:25 AM »
here is a link to a page with clips from the first single off the latest Aspects album. the single is called Impact and another track from the album called Wayback.. along with some remix's...

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/148321-01.htm

feedback pls!

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2005, 10:36:12 AM »
If somebody could post up as much Skinnyman stuff as they could it would be appreciated.  I have heard only one track by him and that was off the Westwood album.  I wanna hear more. 
http://s47.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=120H0DXQA63JB3JLL41MIST4AP

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2005, 12:04:00 PM »
here is a link to a page with clips from the first single off the latest Aspects album. the single is called Impact and another track from the album called Wayback.. along with some remix's...

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/148321-01.htm

feedback pls!
I listened to the first track it sounds quite good, seems to be on the sort of taskforce vibe but lacking something in my opinion