Author Topic: Terrorism seems to be taking over the world  (Read 904 times)

Elevz

Terrorism seems to be taking over the world
« on: July 24, 2005, 10:00:58 AM »
Man, just during the past 2 weeks there have been so many major terrorist attacks. I believe Iraq has been a target for at least two or three major attacks, London has had them major attacks and a failed attempt a couple days ago, shit's going wrong in Egypt in Sjarm-el-Sjeik... What the fuck? It seems like terrorism is only getting worse, the more they fight it. I can imagine the day coming when the newspapers just get themselves a daily "Terrorism" section where they put that day's bombings. We've come to a point where there's hardly any news in new terrorist attacks. People seem to be getting used to all these threats... What the hell is happening to the world? I mean, I didn't even mention the minor suicide bombings yet... Busses exploding like once every 10 seconds or something.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Terrorism seems to be taking over the world
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005, 10:05:55 AM »
It doesn't suprise me, the toughest terrorists are the ones with nothing to lose, and the west is doing its job taking shit from them until they ain't got shit to lose. How foolish must one be to think Bush can stop terrorism? Only a self-proclaimed retard can think that. Bush's foreign policies are nothing but adding fuel to the fire.. and his reaction to these bombings will cause some more fuel to the fire from the west.. go figure.. the world is doomed.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

UAK

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2005, 10:11:56 AM »
from the September 19, 2001 edition

Europe cringes at Bush 'crusade' against terrorists

PARIS - As Europeans wait to see how the United States is planning to retaliate for last week's attacks on Washington and New York, there is growing anxiety here about the tone of American war rhetoric.

President Bush's reference to a "crusade" against terrorism, which passed almost unnoticed by Americans  ;D, rang alarm bells in Europe. It raised fears that the terrorist attacks could spark a 'clash of civilizations' between Christians and Muslims, sowing fresh winds of hatred and mistrust.

"We have to avoid a clash of civilizations at all costs," French foreign minister Hubert Vedrine said on Sunday. "One has to avoid falling into this huge trap, this monstrous trap" which he said had been "conceived by the instigators of the assault."

On Sunday, Bush warned Americans that "this crusade, this war on terrorism, is going to take awhile." He and other US officials have said that renegade Islamic fundamentalist Osama bin Laden is the most likely suspect in the attacks.

His use of the word "crusade," said Soheib Bensheikh, Grand Mufti of the mosque in Marseille, France, "was most unfortunate", "It recalled the barbarous and unjust military operations against the Muslim world," by Christian knights, who launched repeated attempts to capture Jerusalem over the course of several hundred years.

Bush sought to calm American Muslims' fears of a backlash against them on Monday by appearing at an Islamic center in Washington. There he assured Americans that "the face of terror is not the true faith of Islam. That's not what Islam is all about."

But his earlier comments, declaring a war between good and evil, shocked Europeans. "If this 'war' takes a form that affronts moderate Arab opinion, if it has the air of a clash of civilizations, there is a strong risk that it will contribute to Osama bin Laden's goal: a conflict between the Arab-Muslim world and the West," warned the Paris daily Le Monde on Tuesday in an editorial.

"Bush is walking a fine line," suggested Dominique Moisi, a political analyst with the French Institute for International Relations, the country's top foreign policy think tank. "The same black and white language he uses to rally Americans behind him is just the sort of language that risks splitting the international coalition he is trying to build.

"This confusion between politics and religion...risks encouraging a clash of civilizations in a religious sense, which is very dangerous," he added.

On Monday, Taliban deputy leader Mohammed Hasan Akhund warned his fellow Afghans to prepare for 'Jihad' - holy war - against America, if US forces attack Afghanistan.

While almost every world leader agrees with Washington that the terrorists who destroyed the World Trade Center were evil, not all of those leaders - especially in the Middle East - identify the United States with good.

British prime minister Tony Blair has gone out of his way this week to make it clear that the battle against terrorists is a battle not between Christians and Muslims, but between civilized values and fanaticism. In that battle, he said Monday "the vast majority of decent law-abiding Muslims" opposed fanaticism.

It is their support for Washington's war that could be undermined by the sort of language on the president's lips, warns Hussein Amin, a former Egyptian ambassador who now lectures on international affairs. "The whole tone is that of one civilization against another," he finds. "It is a superior way of speaking and I fear the consequences - the world being divided into two between those who think themselves superior" and the rest.

Moderate Muslim opinion could also easily be swayed against America, predicted Ghayasuddin Siddiqui, head of the Muslim Parliament in Britain, an umbrella group for Muslim organizations. "If they end up killing innocent civilians it will be very unfair," Dr. Siddiqui said. "The problems will arise if people see that justice has not been done."

French President Jacques Chirac, who arrived in Washington Tuesday, and Mr. Blair, who will see Bush Thursday, are expected to offer Europe's solidarity, but to stop short of offering Washington a blank check. If European help is needed, Europeans want to be in on the planning, officials here say.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2001/0919/p12s2-woeu.html

'EclipZe

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2005, 11:45:41 AM »
ur forgetting turkey, they are fucking that country up 2 again.

Elevz

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2005, 01:01:08 PM »
ur forgetting turkey, they are fucking that country up 2 again.

That's exactly what I mean... I was thinking "there's more" but I just couldn't come up with it. That's how bad it is - you just can't keep track of what's happening really. Problem is, will this ever stop, and how?

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2005, 02:27:50 PM »
I wouldn't be laughing if the newspaper have their own "terrorist" section...

None of the bush's policies ever worked...

Did the war on drug work?
Did the war on crime work?
What makes bush think war on terrorist is going to work?
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2005, 02:30:40 PM »
I wouldn't be laughing if the newspaper have their own "terrorist" section...

None of the bush's policies ever worked...

Did the war on drug work?
Did the war on crime work?
What makes bush think war on terrorist is going to work?

He sure as hell doesn't think it's going to work.. what people thought before they re-elected him matters..
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

J Bananas

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2005, 02:58:54 PM »
taking over? was there ever a time when it wasnt around? the press just focuses on it more now cuz of bushes media friendly holy war

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2005, 03:03:46 PM »
man...all countries are very much greedy and self-conceited...couldn't take it anymore...

"look mom! There's a man with dynomites on his chest.  He looks powerful!"
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

jpm

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2005, 03:10:03 PM »
notin in canada
canada > *
www.ReallyHipHop.com for all the latest hip-hop media available!

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2005, 03:16:57 PM »
notin in canada
canada > *

my mistake..not all are greedy.

Elevz

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2005, 03:22:32 PM »
taking over? was there ever a time when it wasnt around? the press just focuses on it more now cuz of bushes media friendly holy war

I somehow don't believe that's true. I mean, attacks like that have always been around, but really... There have been SO MANY major attacks just during the past few days. During the past, these attacks made the news but they didn't make a big issue out of it, I'll give you that. But still, there's so many major terrorist attacks going on these days, it's amazing.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2005, 03:26:22 PM »
you are right..it's really amazing..
I got the feeling that these terrorists wanna revolutionize something which we haven't heard of yet.

Lieutenant Abdul-Shakur

• 'G'
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2005, 04:11:09 PM »
war on terrorism is a game gone bad.......the ball has been snatched from americaz court to the so-called-terrorists(afghanistan,pakistan,middleeast)

Trauma-san

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2005, 04:43:49 PM »
I think we should just leave these terrorists alone.  You know, let them pick people off everyonce in a while, in the grand scheme of things, it's not much.  They only got 3000 in New York, and it's been 5 years and not another citizen on U.S. soil has died, so that's only 600 a year, that's like 2 a day and our population is several billion.  Not really much to worry about.  Everytime we fight them, it just makes it worse, we should just try and coexist with them, and not cause too much trouble.

Another thing I've been meaning to bring up, too, is that gang members and murderers are often agitated when arrested, and sometimes they shoot cops, sometimes it makes them just worse, I saw this thing the other day where they went to catch this guy in a park somewhere out west, and the dude ended up shooting 3 people before they shot him.  Why would they risk their lives like that?  I think we should just leave murderers, serial killers, gang members, rapists, and child molestors alone.  We only agitate them when we fight back, it just makes things worse.  Violence seems to be taking over the world; If a guy wants to rape a woman every few weeks, let him do it!  It's better to lay down, and hide like a coward than it is to stand up, and die a man.