Author Topic: Killer of Dutch filmmaker jailed  (Read 921 times)

Don Seer

Re: Killer of Dutch filmmaker jailed
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2005, 03:14:36 PM »
its an extremist murder not a terrorist one.

we hear how things 'are' in the middle east, but few see it with their own eyes.

"I was motivated by the law that commands me to cut off the head of anyone who insults Allah and his prophet."

this sends the worst kind of message to people outside islam. it says if you speak against islam they want you dead.

no wonder people inside the faith are not forthcoming or slow in condeming terrorist attacks by muslims.

this brings what we 'hear' home where we're used to freedom of speech.

mauzip

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2005, 03:35:27 PM »
Janal, do you really think you have any right to judge this situation? You don't know what this murder did to The Netherlands and you don't know what the intentions of Mohammed Bouyeri were. You may have read like two articles on this shit and that's it. You don't know enough to judge this. And check this:

He was convicted of the murder, described in the judgment as a terrorist attack, the attempted murder of bystanders and police officers, illegal possession of firearms and of impeding the work of a member of parliament, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, whom he had threatened to kill in a letter impaled in Van Gogh's chest.

:idea:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 03:38:33 PM by Mauzip »

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2005, 03:45:23 PM »
buh that guy is totally crazy in his head.

so are you saying his jail sentence ain't justified?

I think we all know the blame for this terrorist murder lies with America's foreign policy.....

LOLLL how the fuck is this a terrorist murder?
Who are you going to blame for your stupidity?

The murder was designed to cause terror among the public and serve as a warning to anyone who dares to criticize Islam as a religion. We can't live in a society where people fear for their life because of something that they say. So because their was a poltiical motivation it was a terrorist attack, and the government in the Netherlands are treating it as such. The guy who did it was a member of a terror organization.

Seriously, educate yourself man because you are coming off incredibly stupid.

mauzip

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2005, 03:51:40 PM »

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2005, 04:01:48 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4720867.stm

Dutch face future after Van Gogh 
By Laura Smith-Spark
BBC News 

Following the jailing of a radical Islamist for the murder of controversial film-maker Theo van Gogh, the Netherlands faces the question of how best to move forward.

Bouyeri was jailed for life for murder and committing a terrorist act

The life sentence handed down to 27-year-old Mohammed Bouyeri came as little surprise after he confessed to the killing in court - and vowed to do the same again, given the chance.

But a day later, debate continues over what can be done to heal the tensions his actions have stirred up between Muslim and non-Muslim in the Netherlands.

The news that Bouyeri will now also be charged as a leader of an alleged Islamist terror network plotting attacks against politicians may add to public unease.

Paul Scheffer, professor of urban sociology at Amsterdam University, said the future of Dutch multi-ethnic relations could hinge on the period following Bouyeri's sentencing.

'Price of freedom'

He said: "If there is more violence or more forms of terrorism then it will be seen as a beginning of a longer period of instability and conflict, and that would be something of a turning point.

"If nothing along those lines happens again, people would look at it as a tragic event but more as an isolated incident."

Theo Van Gogh was a well-known critic of fundamentalist Islam

Prof Scheffer said Van Gogh's murder - a direct response to his film, Submission, which criticised the treatment of women under Islam - had also raised serious questions about freedom of speech.

"It's something that was felt in the Netherlands very sharply after this murder - people were really hesitant to express themselves," he said.

"Many Muslims claim the rights of freedom of expression and freedom of religion for themselves but aren't willing to understand that in an open society the criticism of religion is completely legitimate... It's the price of an open society."

He believes that while security forces must be quicker to deal with radical imams who preach hate, the Muslim community also has a responsibility to fight against terrorism.

Target for terror?

Peter van Heemst, the opposition Labour party spokesman on terrorism, warns the feelings stirred up by Van Gogh's murder last November remain very volatile.

While there is relief at the life sentence handed down to Bouyeri, he said, people now have a greater fear the Netherlands could, like Madrid and London, become a wider target for terror.

If there was a terrorist attack in this country it could very easily lead to an explosion of violence

Opposition MP Peter van Heemst
"I think those tensions are a little bit less visible now but they are still very strong and they are under the surface," he said.

"If there was a terrorist attack in this country it could very easily lead to an explosion of violence. I am very worried."

Mr van Heemst is critical of the court's decision not to deprive Bouyeri of his voting rights.

The MP fears Bouyeri, who has joint Dutch-Moroccan nationality, could win the support of some 60,000 voters if he decided to enter politics from his prison cell.

Sebastiaan Gottlieb, international law editor for Radio Netherlands, said the country's newspapers seem to share the concern that Bouyeri could gain a political following.

"His actions are not denounced by everyone because some young people especially think what he did was right or can understand why he murdered Van Gogh," he said.

"They were really upset by his insults to the Islamic religion."

'Not a big issue'

But Ahmed Larouz, a Dutch Moroccan and chairman of the group Towards A New Start, said it was easy to over-estimate the strength of feeling in the Muslim community.

He said he was now more concerned by events in London, although he acknowledges the Van Gogh case has had an impact on Moroccans in the Netherlands.

"It affected the dialogue, it affected everything here in this country. It affected the way we live," Mr Larouz said.

Van Gogh's murder has made some people wary of speaking freely

"But we expected the verdict on Bouyeri. He deserved to be punished like that, so he is punished like that. We are not even really talking about it. It's not a big issue any more for us."

Sybrand van Haersma Buma, a spokesman for the Christian Democratic party (CDA), points out that without a change in the law a year ago it would have been difficult to jail Bouyeri for life.

He is concerned that despite the efforts of the authorities, growing cultural divisions may put the Netherlands' traditional freedoms at risk.

"In Europe it is more than ever important to keep our standards of democracy, keep our standards and keep our way we want to live our lives," he said.

Prof Scheffer agreed: "If there is more violence like we've seen in Madrid and London, and in the Netherlands, it will become very difficult to live together in a peaceful way.

"We should try to do everything we can to achieve that - because otherwise everyone loses out."

mauzip

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2005, 04:18:12 PM »

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2005, 04:24:32 PM »

Fuck You, Pay Me

• 'G'
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2005, 04:25:07 PM »

Fuck You, Pay Me

• 'G'
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2005, 04:27:46 PM »
LOL talk about killing 2 birds with 1 stone  8)

2 Homos left without words after being sonned for the millionth time...

You 2 retards can keep quoting yourselves... let me know when you get to my level, so I can drop some more knowledge on you faggots

'EclipZe

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2005, 06:28:39 AM »
buh that guy is totally crazy in his head.

so are you saying his jail sentence ain't justified?

i was refering to the killer, that he's crazy and DESERVES to be locked up rest for his life.

in no way did I mean it aint justified.

Elevz

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2005, 09:04:48 AM »
I'm not exactly sure if you should call this a "terrorist act" since the murderer didn't randomly go out to kill people. He knew what he was doing, but the purpose of the killing can be considered a terrorist act. Shock as many people as possible, mainly those who think differently. That's what he did. Shock, threaten and create a feeling of insecurity. That's what I call terrorism.

Funny how you manage to mix your "intelligence" with pointless insultings, "Fuck you, pay me". I rest my case.

mauzip

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2005, 09:10:21 AM »
Shock, threaten and create a feeling of insecurity. That's what I call terrorism.

That's what this guy did.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2005, 09:21:46 AM »
That's what you do when you're pissing in public. Fuckin terrorist.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2005, 09:43:37 AM »
This entire story is filled with lame ness

This dude who did the killing is a dumb shit for brains immigrant. He thought islam was being insulted and he wanted to do something about it. Despite the fact that Muslims are urged to ignore and stay away from those being disrespectful, not kill them. So this dude is lame, for being a fuckin retard.

The guy who got popped. He;s a fuckin lame too.

Van Gough this guy prided himself on being a bad ass, posing for pictures wit cigarettes in his mouth, being a rebel renegade producer.
Homie wanted to insult Islam, you dumb motherfucker, u shouldve known the job was dangerous when u took it chump.
Yeah he popped all sorts of shit, but when he got checked he was beggin for his life./

Lameness every where.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

mauzip

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2005, 09:50:35 AM »
The guy who got popped. He;s a fuckin lame too.

Van Gough this guy prided himself on being a bad ass, posing for pictures wit cigarettes in his mouth, being a rebel renegade producer.
Homie wanted to insult Islam, you dumb motherfucker, u shouldve known the job was dangerous when u took it chump.
Yeah he popped all sorts of shit, but when he got checked he was beggin for his life.

Van Gogh was actually making a film about how Muslim women aren't being treated equally in their families. Do you call that insulting the Islam?