Author Topic: Is Rock Music Dead? Whatever Happened too Rock Stars not Pop Stars?  (Read 890 times)

Don Breezio

Re: Is Rock Music Dead? Whatever Happened too Rock Stars not Pop Stars?
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2005, 01:25:08 PM »
they are very talented...i don't really like them but they do have talent

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2005, 12:13:08 AM »
I'm lovin' Mars volta right now, I've been listening De-Loused in the Comatorium for a long while...I haven't heard frances the mute yet, but judging by the amount of talent I heard, I'm sure it's just as good...

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2005, 03:52:04 AM »
^ musically they are good, but like i said, they are the rock version of canibus... i think they are wasting their talent trying to be original by signing a bunch of bullshit

btw i picked up elephant the other day and i cant stop listening to it, im gonna pick up their new 1 soon.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2005, 08:15:08 AM »

btw i picked up elephant the other day and i cant stop listening to it, im gonna pick up their new 1 soon.

Just don't excpect it to be better than Elephant. Get BEhing Me Satan is very different and Jack White explores a lot of different sounds. It's still a great album, just different and not quite as good. White Blood Cells is also good. Shit, all 5 of their albums are good.

Diabolical

« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2005, 10:35:33 AM »
I liked the music when i first heard MV but i dont like the singers voice. Anyone heard At The Drive In, their old band?

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2005, 11:49:18 AM »
Yes, Rock Music is dead, no doubt, say goodbye, African American's came up with something better, and that's hip-hop, so there is no need for Rock Music anymore.

And do we really miss it anyway?  No.  Atleast not me and many in my generation.  Many Rock artists like Ozzy Osbourne, Pantera and all those devil worshipping bands (which is about 3/4 of rock artists) released nothing but crap, but kids bought it because they wanted to rebel against their parents.  They thought these rock artists were bad dudes because they partied and put skulls and fire on their album liner notes. 

Well, now we have hip-hop.  And for kids that want to rebel they don't have to worship the devil anymore and listen to Meggadeath and Danzig, now they can listen to music that is actually artistic, and at the same time they can identify with rappers who are much more threatening to their parents than Rob Zombie ever was, Rob Zombie maybe got arrested once for public intoxication, but these rappers have murder trials, and not only that, they have homies in prison, and they make music that represents for black men locked up behind bars, many rappers have backgrounds in gangs or are gang-affiliated.... no matter how much hair spray Poison and Steven Tyler put in their hair, they can never be as "bad" as rap artists.   And alot of parents are racist, so kids that listened to Tool and all that crap to scare their parents can upset them much more easily by identifying with African American rap artists.

Basically, what I'm saying is that I don't think that their was much art involved in Rock Music, so most of their listeners were just kids going through a phase where they wanted to rebel against their parents.   But now gangsta's, pimps, and hustlaz, have replaced hair bands and devil worshippers.  And the real hip-hop music fans never bought into that Rock music crap in the first place, and now they listen to hip-hop, whether they be gangsta, conscious, or revolutionary.... because it is the illest and most thoughtful music on the market.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 11:56:41 AM by Allah's slave: Ibrahim Abdullah »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Diabolical

« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2005, 11:57:43 AM »
Fuck off.

and the man behind Megadeth, Dave Mustaine, is christian!

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2005, 12:07:06 PM »
Fuck off.

and the man behind Megadeth, Dave Mustaine, is christian!

What's your point, most of them are poser's anyway.   Look at what Ozzy Osbourne is doing now.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Diabolical

« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2005, 12:23:45 PM »
Change "most" to "a few" and you're right. You can't say rockstars are posers compared to rappers anyway, pot/kettle.
Who cares about Ozzy anyway, hes a confused, drug ridden old man. He hasnt made an impact on rock music since the 80s either. Do you think he was the one who wanted to go on the TV show, he cant do anything without his wife let alone do what is needed to run a TV show.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 12:25:19 PM by Cop Killla »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2005, 02:01:51 PM »
Yes, Rock Music is dead, no doubt, say goodbye, African American's came up with something better, and that's hip-hop, so there is no need for Rock Music anymore.

And do we really miss it anyway?  No.  Atleast not me and many in my generation.  Many Rock artists like Ozzy Osbourne, Pantera and all those devil worshipping bands (which is about 3/4 of rock artists) released nothing but crap, but kids bought it because they wanted to rebel against their parents.  They thought these rock artists were bad dudes because they partied and put skulls and fire on their album liner notes. 

Well, now we have hip-hop.  And for kids that want to rebel they don't have to worship the devil anymore and listen to Meggadeath and Danzig, now they can listen to music that is actually artistic, and at the same time they can identify with rappers who are much more threatening to their parents than Rob Zombie ever was, Rob Zombie maybe got arrested once for public intoxication, but these rappers have murder trials, and not only that, they have homies in prison, and they make music that represents for black men locked up behind bars, many rappers have backgrounds in gangs or are gang-affiliated.... no matter how much hair spray Poison and Steven Tyler put in their hair, they can never be as "bad" as rap artists.   And alot of parents are racist, so kids that listened to Tool and all that crap to scare their parents can upset them much more easily by identifying with African American rap artists.

Basically, what I'm saying is that I don't think that their was much art involved in Rock Music, so most of their listeners were just kids going through a phase where they wanted to rebel against their parents.   But now gangsta's, pimps, and hustlaz, have replaced hair bands and devil worshippers.  And the real hip-hop music fans never bought into that Rock music crap in the first place, and now they listen to hip-hop, whether they be gangsta, conscious, or revolutionary.... because it is the illest and most thoughtful music on the market.

Could everyone do the board and themselves a favour and not repond to this? Infinite has proved himself a fool over the past few years, and nothing he says has any merit. He only posts this bullshit to get a rise out of people. Just ignore him and he'll soon go back to posting quotes by Muslims in TOT.

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2005, 03:02:55 PM »
Wow infinite. Wow.

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2005, 04:11:56 PM »
Wow infinite. Wow.
i know, he's pretty ridiculous at times
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2005, 10:55:45 PM »
if rock bands sounded more like guns n roses and had frontman like axl rose then rock wouldnt be dead, but newayz yeah it is

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2005, 11:18:49 PM »
if rock bands sounded more like guns n roses and had frontman like axl rose then rock wouldnt be dead, but newayz yeah it is

Eh? GnR arent that special...rock isn't dead