Author Topic: where can i get record crates?  (Read 150 times)

We Fly High

where can i get record crates?
« on: July 28, 2005, 08:07:13 PM »
tryin to find some record crates for 12"s.. anyone know a good store.. or anywhere htat i can get em.

BigBDrugStores

Re: where can i get record crates?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 08:20:43 PM »
elementary school

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 08:40:06 PM »
They're not made the same size nowadays since back in the 60s and 70s people stole them on a regular basis. The ones you find nowadays can still fit them on an angle. The one I have probably fits between 20 and 30 turned on an angle.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

PLANT

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 10:30:54 PM »
go to the grocery store, they usually give them away for nothing

ecrazy

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 10:47:34 PM »
Salvation army in covina, they have like a wall full of milk crates, my friends all go there and grab them when they need 'em

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2005, 10:58:05 PM »
go to the grocery store, they usually give them away for nothing

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2005, 03:28:14 AM »
over here you can get these collapsable crates real cheap... they've multi coloured n shit.. n the perfect size.. luckily my friend is a DJ and the warehouse supervisor/forklift guy for a place that sells cheap DIY and home goods.. so I get to know of all the cool stuff they get in.. especially stuff like this..

this is the closet pic i could find online..  try a DIY store..

« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 03:34:52 AM by Overseer »

We Fly High

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2005, 10:45:14 AM »
over here you can get these collapsable crates real cheap... they've multi coloured n shit.. n the perfect size.. luckily my friend is a DJ and the warehouse supervisor/forklift guy for a place that sells cheap DIY and home goods.. so I get to know of all the cool stuff they get in.. especially stuff like this..

yeah shit ive defnitely seen those around... theyre the perfect size so that 12"s fit flat in? or do you have to stick them in at an angle..

herpes

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2005, 01:24:44 PM »
go to the back of a supermarket or deli an steal a bunch of milk crates

Don Seer

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2005, 10:32:44 AM »

yeah shit ive defnitely seen those around... theyre the perfect size so that 12"s fit flat in? or do you have to stick them in at an angle..

they're perfectly 12".. take a tape measure!

Suga Foot

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2005, 11:39:00 AM »
yeah these new milk crates are too small. 

http://www.idjnow.com/StoreModules/SearchResults.aspx?DepartmentID=349&SubDeptID=86

there's some there that are cheap.  Check the back of Scratch or the Source, there's always ads for stuff like that.