Author Topic: Mos Def calls out Suge!!!!  (Read 905 times)

authentic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Mos Def calls out Suge!!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2005, 01:35:31 PM »
i dont think it was immature....why would mos def be looking for attention? the dude is very well known....if he had dissed 50 cent or some shit i'd agree with you....but since they caught bigs killer i dont think theres anything wrong with what he said

Don Breezio

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2005, 01:39:03 PM »
Hes not attention seeking at all. Mos is from Brooklyn, Biggie was like Brooklyn's golden child, is Mos not allowed to say fuck you to someone linked with the murder of Biggie, who I guess was probably an influence on every rapper coming out of Brooklyn? If you really think hes doing it for attention then you've obviously never listened to a Mos Def record.

Thank You!

Theodore

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2005, 01:41:04 PM »
Mos Def is not well known? I know more people who know who mos def is than people who know who knocturnal is. Mos Def is bigger than you think.

i said he's not as well known as you think. knocturnal is a nobody. lets do it like 50, go to other countries & see how many people know mos def.

dissing suge knight = attention getter

so when ur (in)famous you may not diss the particalur person or you're an attention-wanter? that's just stupid..
rastaman is right IMO

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2005, 02:01:02 PM »
Hes not attention seeking at all. Mos is from Brooklyn, Biggie was like Brooklyn's golden child, is Mos not allowed to say fuck you to someone linked with the murder of Biggie, who I guess was probably an influence on every rapper coming out of Brooklyn? If you really think hes doing it for attention then you've obviously never listened to a Mos Def record.

i own all of mos defs albums, me and a handful of other people and thats it.  hes just tryin to stir up controversy, just cause he from brooklyn dont mean shit, he doin it for attention.  he tryni to sell records.

Don Breezio

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2005, 02:04:58 PM »

i own all of mos defs albums, me and a handful of other people and thats it.  hes just tryin to stir up controversy, just cause he from brooklyn dont mean shit, he doin it for attention.  he tryni to sell records.

The Brooklyn MC scored his highest-ever chart debut with his second solo album, The New Danger, selling more than 95,000 copies to open at #5 on next week's Billboard albums
chart. Mos' last album, Black on Both Sides, bowed at #25 back in October 1999, selling more than 53,000 copies, according to SoundScan.

--MTV.com

Yeah....you and a handfull of other people  ::)

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2005, 02:10:31 PM »

The Brooklyn MC scored his highest-ever chart debut with his second solo album, The New Danger, selling more than 95,000 copies to open at #5 on next week's Billboard albums
chart. Mos' last album, Black on Both Sides, bowed at #25 back in October 1999, selling more than 53,000 copies, according to SoundScan.

--MTV.com

it was a figure of speach jackass.  has he ever went platinum....nope
ever even eclipsed 800k?

::)

Don Breezio

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2005, 02:12:54 PM »

--MTV.com

it was a figure of speach jackass.  has he ever went platinum....nope
ever even eclipsed 800k?

::)

no he hasn't....which should prove the fact that he's not just trying to get attention. He has the talent to do it if he wanted to. But instead he'd rather make real shit.

Lucien

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm no longer a supporter of westcoast rap...
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2005, 03:44:39 PM »
suge deserves disses only(mature or not)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2005, 03:49:42 PM »
Well fuck Suge. Whoever is dissin him is doin a good thing. Like me: Fuck Suge. I just did a good thing. No matter if it is mature, immature, rude, calm, whatever. You diss Suge you do something good and make the world a better place.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

SGV

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2005, 06:46:59 PM »
Let's be real here. Mos Def calling out Suge at a Concert in L.A. is a PERFECT example of trying to stir up contraversy. If he wasn't try to stir up contraversy, he would approach Suge himself. But he won't. So, he's gonna make statements to the Public at a Concert at the Hollywood Bowl where nothing can or will happen to him.

Yes, he does have a right to say Fuck Suge. But, of course, he IS doing this to cause contraversy, otherwise he'd be a man and say it to Suge directly.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2005, 06:50:03 PM »
Let's be real here. Mos Def calling out Suge at a Concert in L.A. is a PERFECT example of trying to stir up contraversy. If he wasn't try to stir up contraversy, he would approach Suge himself. But he won't. So, he's gonna make statements to the Public at a Concert at the Hollywood Bowl where nothing can or will happen to him.

Yes, he does have a right to say Fuck Suge. But, of course, he IS doing this to cause contraversy, otherwise he'd be a man and say it to Suge directly.

touch down!

this should put the muzzle on some of yall for a while
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2005, 01:08:19 AM »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2005, 03:07:15 AM »
i'd say the same thing too

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2005, 05:02:38 AM »

thing is, Suge knows what he did, if he had somebody killed he decided, wanted to, he won'r regret it just cause some rapper tells him "fuck you, you killed my man", he could give a fuck less about that. Mos Def saying it to the public means drawing people's attention to the 'fact' (whether it is or not) that Suge had his man killed. He wants people to hate Suge for it and therefore damage Suge. Saying it to Suge's face won't bother him, if he did it he obviously thinks it was the right thing. If he Mos Def let's people in LA know, it might help make people loose the rest of respect some might still have for Suge for being involved into a great era for west coast hiphop.

so it doesn't necessarily have to be Mos Def looking for attention for himself, just for the message "fuck suge" cause he killed someone he liked.

SGV

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2005, 12:44:01 PM »
^Do you realize that made no sense?

Anyone making their "beef" public is seeking attention. Why would Mos Def try to make L.A. turn on Suge? If they haven't turned on Suge yet, they never will. Especially for something that happened 8 years ago.

Mos Def = Attention Whore for this.