Author Topic: Student dies in racist axe attack.  (Read 431 times)

We Fly High

Student dies in racist axe attack.
« on: July 31, 2005, 03:38:17 AM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/merseyside/4730559.stm

he hunt for the racist killers of a black teenager who was left with an axe embedded in his skull in an unprovoked attack is continuing.

A-Level student Anthony Walker, 18, died in hospital after a gang of up to four white men attacked him in Huyton, Merseyside, on Friday.

He had been taunted at a bus stop with his white girlfriend and a male cousin. They fled but were set upon in a park.

Police believe the killers are local, and want to community to give them up.

'Torrent of abuse'

Mr Walker had spent the evening with his girlfriend, who attended the same sixth-form college in Huyton.

Merseyside Police said that as the couple waited for a bus outside the Huyton Park pub with Mr Walker's cousin they were subjected to a "torrent of racial abuse" by a man in his 20s wearing a hooded top.

Police want to trace two men who were seen talking to the man shortly after he hurled the abuse.

Mr Walker and his companions did not retaliate to the abuse and left to find another bus stop. But they were followed and as they walked through McGoldrick Park they were attacked by a gang of three or four men.

Mr Walker's girlfriend and cousin saw a man carrying an axe bludgeon him, and ran to get help. When they returned minutes later they found him slumped on the ground with massive head injuries.

The axe was embedded in his skull.

Police hope CCTV footage from a camera just yards away from where Mr Walker was attacked will provide vital clues.

Mr Walker was taken to Whiston Hospital and later transferred to Walton neurological centre where he died at 0525 BST on Saturday.

'Despicable act'

Merseyside Police Assistant Chief Constable Bernard Lawson said: "What we are dealing with here is an unprovoked and vicious attack on a young black man which we believe to be racially motivated.

"This was a despicable act and we are absolutely determined to find the people responsible."

Mr Lawson urged local people to help catch the killers.

"We believe the offenders are local and we believe it is the responsibility of the local community to give these people up," he said.

"There are a lot of decent people in the local area who are absolutely shocked at what has happened."

Police said there have been a series of racially motivated attacks in the area, and were not ruling out a connection.

Several floral tributes have been left at the scene of the murder.

Mr Walker was a churchgoer who was also a keen basketball player. The BBC's Richard Wells said local people had told him that those who knew him said he "wouldn't hurt a fly".

Mr Lawson added: "Anthony was a young Christian studying for his A-levels and wanting to be a lawyer.

"Those dreams for him and his family are now dashed."

'EclipZe

Re: Student dies in racist axe attack.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2005, 04:08:03 AM »
that sucks man, hope they get those rascist pigs.

Diabolical

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2005, 11:59:04 AM »
 :sign_werd:

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2005, 12:02:16 PM »
every person that joined in on this terrible, ridicolous murder will pay eternally when they have their face to face meeting with the lord themselves one day.  i hope god shows no mercy with these maggots

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2005, 12:10:34 PM »
that sucks man, hope they get those rascist pigs.

i dont understand racism.  people are fucked up.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2005, 12:11:55 PM »
^^^yup i will never understand racism, it just doesnt make sense

Diabolical

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2005, 12:19:22 PM »
I dont understand religion.

rafsta

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2005, 02:05:22 PM »
R.I.P... this is a sad story.

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2005, 02:13:05 PM »

Man arrested over racist axe murder

A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder following a racist attack on a teenager with an axe, police said.

Anthony Walker, an 18-year-old black 'A' level student was left with the axe embedded in his skull in the "vicious and unprovoked" assault in a park near his home in Huyton, Liverpool, on Friday night.

Just minutes earlier he had been subjected to a "torrent of racial abuse" as he waited for a bus with his teenage girlfriend and cousin.

Detective chief Superintendent Peter Currie, who is leading the Merseyside police investigation, said: "An 18-year-old man from Huyton was arrested after officers executed three search warrants after clashes in Huyton. The man will be questioned by officers."

rafsta

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2005, 03:06:14 PM »

Man arrested over racist axe murder

A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder following a racist attack on a teenager with an axe, police said.

Anthony Walker, an 18-year-old black 'A' level student was left with the axe embedded in his skull in the "vicious and unprovoked" assault in a park near his home in Huyton, Liverpool, on Friday night.

Just minutes earlier he had been subjected to a "torrent of racial abuse" as he waited for a bus with his teenage girlfriend and cousin.

Detective chief Superintendent Peter Currie, who is leading the Merseyside police investigation, said: "An 18-year-old man from Huyton was arrested after officers executed three search warrants after clashes in Huyton. The man will be questioned by officers."

i hope he snitches, and the other 3 are found.

We Fly High

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2005, 03:40:29 PM »
they should kill him in the same manner. axe to the racist's head.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2005, 03:56:17 PM »

black metal ist Krieg, Religion ist Therapie
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2005, 06:28:43 PM »

Shut the fuck up, at least post that in a religion topic

Anyways RIP to that guy man, my condolences to his family...and I hope those punk bitches who killed him will rot in hell.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2005, 09:33:36 PM »
cop killa you are one extremely uneducated man you worthless little scumbag

authentic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2005, 09:51:49 PM »

Shut the fuck up, at least post that in a religion topic

Anyways RIP to that guy man, my condolences to his family...and I hope those punk bitches who killed him will rot in hell.

fa real..what the hell does that have anything to do...forget it anyways yea racism goes against every religion and against ALMOST all morals. Its really the worst way to kill someone.