Author Topic: The Greatest 50 Hip-hop Albums Ever - #10...  (Read 954 times)

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
Re: The Greatest 50 Hip-hop Albums Ever - #10...
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2005, 12:10:36 PM »
This should be in it:
The great advantures of Slick Rick
It takes a nation of millions to hold me down
The Marshall Mathers lp
Me against the world
Criminal Minded
Illmatic

LMAO
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Don Breezio

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2005, 12:20:39 PM »
The list isn't east coast biased....the east coast shaped hip hop a lot more than the west did....eric b and rakim, tribe called quest, run dmc, nas, slick rick, pete rock and cl smooth, etc...all shaped what hip hop is today

west coast albums are still getting their due....the chronic, doggystyle, efil4zaggin, straight outta compton, etc....all of those helped just as much as the above artists i mentioned and are all on the list. But UGK's ridin dirty being a good album doesn't make it one of the greatest hip hop albums ever....that album didn't do anything for hip hop. And saying that an album like that is better than tribe, or paid in full, or mecca and the soul brother is just blasphemy

herpes

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2005, 03:11:51 PM »
As I said before, this list is a joke! This piece of crap album is ahead of classics like Death Certificate, No One Can Do It Better and Efil4zaggin?!! What a freakin joke. Did this album even go gold or platinum? wht a joke! I'm seriously going to ask if Knuckles was high when he came up with this list?! No way this album should even be rated this high! It's a joke!
your hip hop pass has been revoked

herpes

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2005, 03:12:35 PM »
As I said before, this list is a joke! This piece of crap album is ahead of classics like Death Certificate, No One Can Do It Better and Efil4zaggin?!! What a freakin joke. Did this album even go gold or platinum? wht a joke! I'm seriously going to ask if Knuckles was high when he came up with this list?! No way this album should even be rated this high! It's a joke!

hahaha
and it did go platinum btw.  All the albums in the top ten did except for one.

illmatic  ;D
maybe not, illmatic got certified platinum a couple years ago