Author Topic: Air France Plane Crashed In Toronto  (Read 684 times)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Air France Plane Crashed In Toronto
« on: August 02, 2005, 01:54:28 PM »
They're not saying how it happened yet.  They are fighting the fire right now.  About 200 people were on board.
It's on all the Canadian stations right now.  I saw ABC and NBC do a newsbreak about this too.

2paclbc

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • LBC
Re: Air France Plane Crashed In Toronto
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 01:57:49 PM »
yea its on cnn right now. plane was trying to land and caught on fire

PLANT

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 02:00:37 PM »
Damn this is sad....Been wathing it on Global and CNN for the last half hour

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 02:02:32 PM »
There is a pretty big storm right now so maybe that had something to do with it.
Thank god my ass is home already.  I work in that area and take the highway around there home.  I would have been in traffic for hours.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 02:23:28 PM »
oh snap
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Jome

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 02:45:03 PM »
There is a pretty big storm right now so maybe that had something to do with it.
Thank god my ass is home already.  I work in that area and take the highway around there home.  I would have been in traffic for hours.

TV2 Norway said there was thunder/lightning just as the plane tried to land, somehow causing the plane to spin out of control and slide off the runway..
Getting out of a plane on fire upside down is a near impossible task..  :-\

PLANT

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005, 02:55:21 PM »
They also said the plane skidded into a large creek/gully and broke in half and immediatly was ingulfed in flames.....291 passengers on board but theyre saying somehow the pilot was taken to hospital

mauzip

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2005, 03:08:59 PM »
'No fatalities' in Toronto crash

An Air France passenger jet attempting to land at Toronto's Pearson International Airport overran a runway in a driving rainstorm and crashed into a tree-lined gully, bursting into flames and sending smoke billowing into the sky.

"There are no known fatalities" among the 297 people and 12 crew members who were on board, an airport spokesman said. About 14 people suffered minor injuries, he said.

---

Jet overruns runway in Toronto, burns

TORONTO, Canada (CNN) -- Firefighters are battling a blaze on board an international passenger jet that overran a runway at Tornoto's Pearson International Airport.

"This plane came off the runway. It slid off the runway and into this gully," said Toronto radio reporter Leah Walker, who witnessed the crash. "It's come off with probably a great amount of force into trees and the creek."

She said a fireball engulfed the plane. The Associated Press reported 200 passengers were on board the Airbus 340.

A fire department spokesman said there were reports that some people were taken to hospitals, but he could not confirm information on casualties. Canada's Global Television network said the pilot and co-pilot survived.

One passenger, Olivier Dubos told reporters: "We had absolutely no insight or hint that the landing would be difficult. Power went out just before we landed...we thought it had to do with the rain."

Flight 358 was scheduled to arrive from Paris's Charles de Gaulle International Airport at 3:35 p.m. ET. Severe thunderstorms had occurred in the area beforehand.

Another witness, Corey Marx, said, "Everything looked good, sounded good. It hit the runway nice, then all of a sudden we heard the engines backing up."

Marx said he initially didn't think anything was wrong. But then, "The guy I was with piped up, 'You know, he's getting pretty close to the end.' Immediately afterward, right off he went."

The plane fell into a valley at the end of the runway and cracked in half, Marx said.

Vito Porto, a freelance photographer, told Global television that an explosion occurred after the crash, throwing debris for several hundred feet.

Smoke billowed from the site, as scores of emergency workers sought to put out the fire with foam.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 03:11:59 PM by Mauzip »

PLANT

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2005, 03:38:23 PM »
This is crazy there were no fatalities...Something like a miracle...Praise the Lord

Jome

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2005, 04:29:20 PM »
no fatalities...Something like a miracle...Praise the Lord

At least we know Allah didn't have anything to with it..  :D

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2005, 04:50:56 PM »
who the hell would want to fuck with France of Germany ^. Americans and Brits are the ones to be terrorized.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2005, 04:57:35 PM »
who the hell would want to fuck with France of Germany ^. Americans and Brits are the ones to be terrorized.

Is this a joke or just a stupid comment?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2005, 04:58:22 PM »

Is this a joke or just a stupid comment?

Joke, and also I'd like to know why you wanna front? I like you, so why not just keepin it cool?
No, it's not a sin

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2005, 05:03:46 PM »
 ???

I wasn't sure which one it was, a joke, or did you actually think that.  That's why I asked.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2005, 05:05:53 PM »
???

I wasn't sure which one it was, a joke, or did you actually think that.  That's why I asked.

Yeah, Im cool. It was just a joke made by a drunk dude ;). I just wanted to tell you that I like your level-headed, sober, unemotional, businesslike, dry-ass posting-style, and overall your characters on dubcc. Pz.
No, it's not a sin