Author Topic: D.O.C. is on point about Snoop  (Read 1146 times)

Tito

D.O.C. is on point about Snoop
« on: May 01, 2002, 04:18:15 AM »
ThaFormula.com - What happened to that Snoop?

D.O.C. - Show business man. Once you make it to the top, it's very hard unless you got people around you like me who are gonna tell you when you suck. That's the key. I don't want this to sound fucked up man, but nigga I'm the key. I am the key. I don't make beats and I don't really write raps for muthafuckas' no more, but I can tell you this. When it comes to making classic records, I was the key to that shit there.
WHAT DO YALL THINK?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

eNgIeS

Re: D.O.C. is on point about Snoop
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2002, 05:02:13 AM »
ThaFormula.com - What happened to that Snoop?

D.O.C. - Show business man. Once you make it to the top, it's very hard unless you got people around you like me who are gonna tell you when you suck. That's the key. I don't want this to sound fucked up man, but nigga I'm the key. I am the key. I don't make beats and I don't really write raps for muthafuckas' no more, but I can tell you this. When it comes to making classic records, I was the key to that shit there.
WHAT DO YALL THINK?

WHOOO. Finally, FINALLY, a rapper tells Snoop THE TRUTH. Finally. DOC is a legend, I hope Snoop just has a nice talk with DOC, DOC tells him how he needs to rap like Doggystyle & then we may have the old SNOOP BACK :D

(actually possibility: 1%)

b-PlEaSE

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2002, 07:35:25 AM »
Did DOC forget he also fell off and now sucks too? I heard some of his new songs and they are fuckin' WACK! ;D

I Think everyone has fell off, Dre being the main one.. I don't like anything he's put out this year at all.. snoop is on a hit and miss type thing, where some of his shit sounds shitty then you get a track thats dope as fuck, like murder. Mission Cleopatra etc...

kurupt went from being original to saying "bitch is a bitch eat a dick bitch" in every song..

It goes on and on vereyone from the old dpg/death row has fell off due to show business.. just my opinion..

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2002, 07:55:38 AM »
I Agree, Doc is wack now.  His last album, the Helter Skelter one, was much better than this crap he has out now.  He's talking about it's one of the top 10 albums of all time.... BWAHH HAHAHA HAHAHAH HAAHAHA.  

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2002, 09:03:04 AM »
i think that someone should give good advises about snoops singels..

"snoop dogg (whats my name pt 2)" was wack a hell..
"loosin control" was maybe not a perfect single either  :-/
- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2002, 09:13:18 AM »
who cares if tha DOC sucks now,  its about time some1 comes out an says snoop sucks now

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2002, 09:33:56 AM »
i think that someone should give good advises about snoops singels..

"snoop dogg (whats my name pt 2)" was wack a hell..
"loosin control" was maybe not a perfect single either  :-/

it was done intentionaly, so priority and suge don'T get so much money from snoop shits
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

Big BpG

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2002, 09:41:09 AM »
who cares if tha DOC sucks now,  its about time some1 comes out an says snoop sucks now

If he was the key, then he would be in Snoop's position... he would have a house on the hills looking over L.A. He would have 4 cars in his garage and a picket fence around his crib. If he was the key... people would recognize it and give him the props... If he was the key... he would be successful... If he was the key... he would be making tight music, which he's not... and In my opinion... if I were to compare Snoop to D.O.C. right now... Snoop would be the key... ten years ago, I would say D.O.C. However he handed the key over and he should think about what he says before he speaks. He has an opinion and I respect it. However I have one too, and even though no one will make news about what I say... I'll say... D.O.C. is whack now.

"Let your mind not be confused, if you can walk this walk, nigga take my shoes"  -Snoop Dogg (Go Away)

-Big BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2002, 09:42:12 AM »

it was done intentionaly, so priority and suge don'T get so much money from snoop shits

so snoop has said he puts out shitty music so priortiy an suge dont make money or is this something u made up yourself to try an cover up for snoop

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2002, 09:46:32 AM »
It may be in most people's opinion that Snoop fell off.. but The D.O.C is and has always been a little hot headed.  Look at the way he stole the title Heltah Skeltah for his second album which Dre was intending on using for his and Cubes album (which never dropped.)  This proves him to be a hater in my eyes.. even though he does have musical skills.  

Maybe he feel's cheated because of his auto accident which took his golden voice.  Maybe he feel's like he should be the one on top instead of Snoop.. I dont know.

Snoop or any of the DPG members for that matter arent as "good" as they were in the DR days, but The D.O.C shouldn't go around speakin up on his peeps like that.  They should be tryin to stick together instead of talkin trash.  IMO, he should feel honored to still be in the game, workin with artists on top!  He's damn lucky Dre still fucks with him.

Ax

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

Big BpG

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2002, 09:47:09 AM »

so snoop has said he puts out shitty music so priortiy an suge dont make money or is this something u made up yourself to try an cover up for snoop

I talked to a former Priority Records assistant during the time Last Meal was out... and she told me that they wanted the next single to be "Henn N Budd" or "Yall Gonna Miss Me" ... however Snoop would not let them release those as singles... one reason, because MTV and BET would not allow the song "Hennessee N Buddah" to be shown on TV... and the second reason because "Yall Gonna Miss Me" was on the
b-side of the "snoop dogg" single... so they said the next single should be "issues" ... but he refused again and said it will be "loosen control" or there won't be a next single...

so that's how it went

-Big BpG

From '93 to '05

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2002, 09:49:42 AM »

that sounds very stupid...  :-/
- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2002, 09:52:30 AM »

I'm not positive on this statement.. but my belief is that Snoop wanted to pump up Soopafly and thats why he wanted Loosen Control to come out.  It was homie love.  The way it should go down!!!!

Ax.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

Big BpG

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2002, 09:54:19 AM »
It may be in most people's opinion that Snoop fell off.. but The D.O.C is and has always been a little hot headed.  Look at the way he stole the title Heltah Skeltah for his second album which Dre was intending on using for his and Cubes album (which never dropped.)  This proves him to be a hater in my eyes.. even though he does have musical skills.  

Maybe he feel's cheated because of his auto accident which took his golden voice.  Maybe he feel's like he should be the one on top instead of Snoop.. I dont know.

Snoop or any of the DPG members for that matter arent as "good" as they were in the DR days, but The D.O.C shouldn't go around speakin up on his peeps like that.  They should be tryin to stick together instead of talkin trash.  IMO, he should feel honored to still be in the game, workin with artists on top!  He's damn lucky Dre still fucks with him.

Ax

I'll still support the D.O.C.

"hi energy, full with the wisdom, sense (cents) of a rich man knowledge and a rhythm"

"open your mind like a christmas gift"

"i have to take one of those long 8ball pisses"

"im not the type to let a woman make me weary, but if he resists he must be a fairy"

You can't deny  the old D.O.C.... he had it all

-Big BpG

From '93 to '05

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2002, 10:16:49 AM »
slick--so if they wanted whats my name 2 to flop why did they hire one of the highest priced producers in the game to lay the track? i think you're in a little denial brotha