Author Topic: The Greatest 50 Hip-hop Albums Ever - #8...  (Read 852 times)

Dynamic

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dynamite cuz I rhyme So Tight
Re: The Greatest 50 Hip-hop Albums Ever - #8...
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2005, 09:53:20 PM »
dis album is tha shit
Francis, M to the iz-H phenominal
Gun rest under your vest by the abdominal
Two auto-matos, used to call me fatso
Now you call me Castro, my rap flows
militant, y'all faggots ain't killin' shit
~ Notorious BIG

Like A N!gga Say Do

• 'G'
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2005, 10:23:46 PM »
Damn one of the best album of westcoast no doubt!

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2005, 03:41:58 AM »
Good Choice this album is quality
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

Diabolical

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2005, 10:16:42 AM »
Knuckles put in a lot of time and effort on this project, but I have a problem with the Eastside slant and having eastcoast albums ranked so high. Westside!!!

Theres a reasonfor that. If even WC fans diss a WC album how would you expect East coast fans to like it. If it doesnt sound like every other classic then its dirt in most peoples opinion.

Paul

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2005, 10:19:13 AM »
yeah really eternal 1999 should hav been in the top 50
a brilliant mix of gangsta lyrics and singin which hasnt been repeated , well hasnt been aswell as bone

the list is well done but very eastcoast bias
funkyfreshintheflesh

Thuglife

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Well if kurupt gave a fuck about a bitch...
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2005, 10:37:16 AM »
yeah this should be a bit higher, i cant find any album more influencial on the deathrow era and gangsta rap.

We Fly High

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2005, 10:38:48 AM »
 bone thugs would never make the top 50..  those guys dont hold any weight to any of the albums already listed..

i dont really see any sort of east coast bias. thats just how hip hop history has been developed. bone thugs didnt make noise till what, like 95 or some shit when they started becoming big. all of the albums that knuckle has chosen are all the top albums from the very early years of hip hop. the shit he included from 94, 1995 and after- were all MUCH BETTER than any bone thugs shit. jay-z reasonable doubt, dr dre 2001, fugees, makaveli, all eyez on me, the infamous, aquemini, raekwon cuban linx.

this list is definitely a greatest hip hop albums of all time, and its coming from a very educated and older hip hop listener. i know some of you posters are young, so many of these albums may not have rang a bell for you guys, but bone thugs are not as great of a factor as you guys think.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2005, 01:15:00 PM »
id put this top 5, but 8 w/e still good spot.

Compton Casanova

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2005, 01:24:33 PM »
influence wise, hell no it can be at number 8. Try top 3 or at least top 5. >:(

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2005, 02:34:36 PM »
bone thugs would never make the top 50..  those guys dont hold any weight to any of the albums already listed..

E.Eternal 1999 tosses up Dre 2001.

Anyway Nice list, and u know Nas is gonna storm into the top 3

8)

DAYUM

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2005, 02:48:23 PM »

in your list or his?

We Fly High

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2005, 03:39:57 PM »
^^ both mine and knuckles list it wouldnt show up. my list would resemble knuckles very much.

if you ask any true hip hop aficionado, like serious die hard hip hop fan, i very doubt they would include bone thugs... to the casual rap listener , yeah i could understand it due to their tastes and preferences.. but im prety sure any die hard purist would not put bone thugs in the top 50.

DAYUM

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2005, 08:53:57 PM »
^^ both mine and knuckles list it wouldnt show up. my list would resemble knuckles very much.

if you ask any true hip hop aficionado, like serious die hard hip hop fan, i very doubt they would include bone thugs... to the casual rap listener , yeah i could understand it due to their tastes and preferences.. but im prety sure any die hard purist would not put bone thugs in the top 50.

yeah i feel u im prolly the casual rap listener

but so are you

herpes

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2005, 11:41:47 PM »
I fell out of my chair twice when I saw Knuckle's post. First, he actually rated a west coast album where it should be in top albums of all time. This doesn't stand up over time like the classic Eazy E Eazy-Duz-It album beat wise, but was monumental in rap history. Who can forget ice cubes opening line to Straight Out of Compton? I think this was Dre's worst work for this period of time beat wise, but was great lyrically. I fell out of my chair the second time when I saw Big Daddy Kane rated #11. I know that shit didnt go platinum! Having a Big Daddy kane album rated ahead of Dre's 2001 and EFILZAGGIN is a disgrace! A travesty! I'm appalled!  I'm expecting Chuckles the Clown to have Young MC or Special Ed as the top album in rap history! Yo, Knuckles, where is Special Ed? He was way tighter than Big Daddy Kane! 2pac All Eyez on Me at #28? Knuckles, quit smoking that rock!
your a fuckin retard

ABN

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2005, 10:08:13 AM »

E.Eternal 1999 tosses up Dre 2001.
lmao the worst tracks on 2001 would´ve been the best tracks on E.Eternal..........