Author Topic: In the Western concept of love, "Why Do Good Girls Like Bad Boys?"  (Read 521 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
I am purely talking about the Western concept of relationships, dating, etc.   Since becoming a Muslim, I've became accustomed to the Qu'ranic concept that "good men and women are for eachother and bad men and women are for eachother".

But I still reflect back on my old days coming up in jr. high and highschool.  I'm sure everyone is aware of the phenomenon of so-called "good girls" with so-called "bad boys", and often the question is asked, "Why do good girls like bad boys".   

So I'm going to put that question up to the forum, "Why do good girls like bad boys?"  (And ofcourse the same could be applied vice versa with good boys loving bad girls)  Let me give my answer here, and then ya'll can post your own opinions.

- My Reasoning:   Let's say you are trying to make a relationship work with a person, and going into it you have high expectations and you think that this person is a very good person.  What happens is that all people have shortcomings, and nobody knows the shortcomings of a person better than their boyfriend, girlfriend, wife or husband.   So when you see these shortcomings, you begin to idealize other people instead of your partner.----  Yet on the other hand, if the "good girl" goes after a boy she thinks is "bad" from the outset, then she is already expecting shortcomings and is putting the responsibility on herself to change that person, so when thinks go wrong with him she blames herself, and often ends up loving her partner 'unconditionally'.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2005, 11:48:55 AM by Allah's slave: Ibrahim Abdullah »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Thirteen

Re: In the Western concept of love, "Why Do Good Girls Like Bad Boys?"
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 11:50:16 AM »
I am purely talking about the Western concept of relationships, dating, etc.   Since becoming a Muslim, I've became accustomed to the Qu'ranic concept that "good men and women are for eachother and bad men and women are for eachother".

But I still reflect back on my old days coming up in jr. high and highschool.  I'm sure everyone is aware of the phenomenon of so-called "good girls" with so-called "bad boys", and often the question is asked, "Why do good girls like bad boys".   

So I'm going to put that question up to the forum, "Why do good girls like bad boys?"  And let me give my answer here, and then ya'll can post your own opinions.

- My Reasoning:   Let's say you are trying to make a relationship work with a person, and going into it you have high expectations and you think that this person is a very good person.  What happens is that all people have shortcomings, and nobody knows the shortcomings of a person better than their boyfriend, girlfriend, wife or husband.   So when you see these shortcomings, you begin to idealize other people instead of your partner.----  Yet on the other hand, if the "good girl" goes after a boy she thinks is "bad" from the outset, then she is already expecting shortcomings and is putting the responsibility on herself to change that person, so when thinks go wrong with him she blames herself.

it's probably just a woman's motherly instinct to try and help a lost cause...

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 11:50:36 AM »
opposites attract

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Fuck You, Pay Me

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 12:52:54 PM »
opposites attract

You're just telling yourself that because if that were true you'd end up with one of the hottest girls in the world.

Compton Casanova

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2005, 01:21:43 PM »
opposites attract
yeah. thats the basic fundamental of the laws of nature. ;D

J Bananas

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2005, 02:12:42 PM »
Because good guys are pussies

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2005, 02:16:59 PM »
lmfaooo, this thread has potential to be classic. Keep goin, y'all, keep going. Personally, "opposites attract" is bullshit, at least with me. I like girls with whom i have lots in common cuz then i have better chemistry with em. I don't like good girls who like "Bad Boys," i think it means they're weak and dont' have identity
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2005, 03:42:38 PM »
Co-sign with suffice, lol those girls who like bad-boys or whatever are like the type most of the time who have like no real personality and are just living like " Yah im a girl, looking fer a bad boyy lets partaY!" or some shit like that

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2005, 08:07:35 PM »
key words here

"girls" and "boys"

i've been hanging around a lot of older people here recently and shit changes good women go after stable men

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

hope glimmers

• 'G'
  • thats me
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2005, 04:58:17 AM »
as a good girl, i say my reason is because they are so much more fun..... they always have something going on, while with a good guy, they do they same things, and repition sucks.  bad boys always have that element of being scared and spontanaity about them.  they dont care what other people think, they're strong, and good guys are just too sensitive, and clingy, and when guys are clingy its pathetic and a HUGE turnoff.  but bad boys, they are just... fun, and  exciting.   at least i think so.   id otn want to go and do stuff my parents actually approve of.   ::)
love stinks yeah yeah

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2005, 03:23:04 PM »
^ No offense...but you don't seem over 18

WestCoasta

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2005, 04:57:13 PM »
it's cuz bitches like to get smacked around by bad guys during sex

girls are always actin like they don't suck dick but when ya do em they always want their hair pulled and get strangled by a bad boy  8)

Diabolical

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2005, 03:09:08 PM »
^haha

I agree with Suffice

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2005, 03:28:43 PM »
oposites do atract, take a good girl, who knows nothing of any kind of mischief or wrong doings, so so bad kid whos all about that, would be atractive to her, cuase its so different, and that is appealing.

J Bananas

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2005, 03:35:46 PM »
girls like me because I drive a motorcycle and call their mom by their first name.