Author Topic: Killīs 50 greatest albums ever  (Read 2289 times)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Killīs 50 greatest albums ever
« on: August 09, 2005, 10:37:37 AM »
Ok, since a bunch of people wanted to see this, Iīm gonna do it. Same as Knuckles, Iīll have this one sticky topic where thereīs gonna be an overview of everything. For anybody who didnīt read the topic in which i suggested to do this, itīs gonna be the same thing Knuckles did for all genres. Now...

CRITERIAS
This task is pretty damn difficult to live up to and itīs pretty much impossible to make everyone happy with this list. The reason I call it "Killīs 50 greatest albums ever" and not "The 50...." is not to show off with my name, but to underline the subjectivity of such a list. Itīs not my 50 personal favorites, but it is my personal approach at listing the 50 best albums ever. Taste canīt be kept out completly, just like Knuckles couldnīt.

Now, basically, what is important is the same as in Knucklesī list: The impact and importance of an album, the popularity, its significance to music as a whole and its genre in particular and, most importantly, the quality of the music. That last criteria is the most tricky one, cause if I found the Beatles wack, I wouldnīt list them, even knowing what they meant to music. Then I have to say that there is barely a band/album that seems to have been very influential that I donīt at least like. Iīve read some other best ofs (Rolling Stone, several polls etc.) and I know that stuff and like it.

I know some people think nothing can fuck with 60īs anfd 70īs rock anyways. I DO NOT THINK SO. Please donīt look at the list under that axiom and think itīs gonna be a mere compilation of Jimi, Led Zep, Beatles, Stones and Doors or youīll spend a lot of time bitching. If an album had an impact in the 90īs, made something popular and is plain and simple a great fucking record it can compete with a lot of the old stuff IMO.

HOOK-UPS
I am planning to hook you up with every album. I just need a program first, but I just pmīd the guy who uploaded me one I forgot to d/l about 2 weeks ago and now the link has expired. Iīll prolly get one. And btw, some albums I only have on vynil, so maybe those hook-ups are gonna be delayed even if I have the program

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Iīve un-stickied the 50 greatest non-west coast songs topic, so we donīt have too many sticky threads in here...canīt unsticky Knucklesī and neither the Outbound one, Iīm too nostalgic for that. If you want to see that other list, please go here

propz to Knuckles for "inspiring" me :D

enjoy the list

peace

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Killīs 50 greatest albums ever
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 10:38:15 AM »
50. Massive Attack - Mezzanine (1998) [topic] [hook-up]
49. No Doubt - Tragic Kingdom (1995) [topic] [hook-up]
48. Tom Waits - Swordfishtrombones (1983) [topic] [hook-up]
47. Pink Floyd - The Wall (1980) [topic] [hook-up]
46. Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway (1974) [topic] [hook-up Disc 1] [hook-up Disc 2]
45. Sly & The Family Stone - Thereīs a Riot Goinī on (1971) [topic] [hook-up]
44. Bob Marley & The Wailers - Exodus (1977) [topic] [hook-up]
43. The Sex Pistols - Never Mind The Bollocks, Hereīs The Sex Pistols (1977) [topic] [hook-up]
42. The Specials - The Specials (1979) [topic] [hook-up]
41. Parliament - Mothership Connection (1975)  [topic] [hook-up]
40. Bruce Springsteen - Darkness on the Edge of Town (1978)  [topic] [hook-up]
39. Portishead - Dummy (1994) [topic] [hook-up]
« Last Edit: December 17, 2005, 09:49:21 AM by Hail to Kill »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 10:40:04 AM »
man fuck that
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2005, 11:02:52 AM »
man fuck that

1. Why?
2. Why do you have to say shit if you obviously donīt care?
3. Keep bumpin your Get Low records and Daygo gangsta rap and thinking thatīs the only music style worth listening to, I wouldnīt mind

PLANT

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2005, 12:47:47 PM »
this is dope....looking forward to it

TuKer Says: Angeles Records is the truth!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2005, 12:49:19 PM »

Paul

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2005, 05:27:44 PM »

keep doin your thing man
funkyfreshintheflesh

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2005, 09:22:25 PM »
man fuck that

1. Why?
3. Keep bumpin your Get Low records and Daygo gangsta rap and thinking thatīs the only music style worth listening to, I wouldnīt mind

lol check my post before you say that. im the same guy that posted that gwen stefani thread, rap is not all i listen to. i said "man fuck that" cuz im already seeing too many countdowns. this whole forums is gonna be filled with #14, #67, #33, etc topics at this rate
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2005, 11:31:55 PM »
yea man just do your thing, should be intresting to see what people think about differents albums and all..

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2005, 07:04:54 AM »
man fuck that

1. Why?

lol check my post before you say that. im the same guy that posted that gwen stefani thread, rap is not all i listen to. i said "man fuck that" cuz im already seeing too many countdowns. this whole forums is gonna be filled with #14, #67, #33, etc topics at this rate

ok, ok. I know the boardīs full of those threads, but when I said Iīd do this, Knucklesī list was the only one and it was already approaching its end...now everybodyīs decided to do their list about whatever, it ainīt my fault, when I said Iīd do this I thought that by the time i get to no. 40 or something, Knuckles would be finished and my list would be the only one...

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2005, 07:24:55 AM »
ok, ok. I know the boardīs full of those threads, but when I said Iīd do this, Knucklesī list was the only one and it was already approaching its end...now everybodyīs decided to do their list about whatever, it ainīt my fault, when I said Iīd do this I thought that by the time i get to no. 40 or something, Knuckles would be finished and my list would be the only one...

dont worry bout that, just go on doing it... should be good...

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2005, 11:33:55 AM »
im looking forward to the hookups, i have my faith, ive always loved your music taste.