Author Topic: Who is Jerry Garcia?  (Read 157 times)

BigBDrugStores

Who is Jerry Garcia?
« on: August 11, 2005, 07:18:16 AM »
And why is he searching for him?

Don Seer

Re: Who is Jerry Garcia?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 07:28:00 AM »

In reference to the title, Proof says he's become a huge fan of late Grateful Dead member Garcia, not only as an artist but as a "genius" who suffered and died from character flaws common to all people.

"He played every kind of music -- he had jazz albums, classical albums, he went against the grain," Proof said. "He didn't care about the record sales ... I mean, his shows outsold his record sales. That almost don't make sense to me."

source >> http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000999900

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 10:26:58 AM »
A couple days ago was the 10 year anniversary since Jerry Garcia died.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

TuKer Says: Angeles Records is the truth!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 10:28:22 AM »
havent seen half baked?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 10:43:40 AM »

Proof said. "He didn't care about the record sales ... I mean, his shows outsold his record sales. That almost don't make sense to me."

If you look at all the big time rockers you'll notice they make more on tour than on record. It's not uncommon.

ABN

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 10:47:24 AM »

Proof said. "He didn't care about the record sales ... I mean, his shows outsold his record sales. That almost don't make sense to me."

everybody makes more money touring but i think Proof meant that he sold more tickets to his shows then he sold album.

If you look at all the big time rockers you'll notice they make more on tour than on record. It's not uncommon.
everybody makes more money touring but i think Proof meant that he sold more tickets to his shows then he sold albums.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2005, 02:39:46 PM »

everybody makes more money touring but i think Proof meant that he sold more tickets to his shows then he sold album.

everybody makes more money touring but i think Proof meant that he sold more tickets to his shows then he sold albums.

I think that goes for most big rockstars too. The Rollingstones can sell like 3 or 4 million tickets every tour but they almost never go 3 or 4 platinum. They've only sold over 4 million copies like 3 times.

With the Dead, there was the Dead Heads who would follow the band up a large part of the audience each night. So it's not like millions upon millions were big fans of the tour, just thousands upon thousands who were extremely devoted fans.