Author Topic: Lil John doing 7 songs apiece for upcoming Too short and ice Cube albums........  (Read 1069 times)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Im tired of those DUBCC  fuckers that only listen to more bounce to the once

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
everyone can have their own opinion and thats cool, but me personally aint feeling LiL John rippin all over Cubes and Shorts albums... one or two tracks is alrite but i just find him and the whole crunk sound too much and no matter what you say their gonna be a lot of commericial sound to it... I'd just rather Cube and Short keep the album and influences on it mainly westcoast.
^Exactly

Too Short isnt even on the West COast anymore...and its been a fucking long time

BigBDrugStores

cube jus jumpin on wats popular to sell when he dont need to do that
so that makes ice cube a sell out

The Predator

Why? Grand Finale is a dope track and Real Nigga Roll Call is the motherfucking shit! I'm looking forward to this 8)

I love bustin 'real nigga roll call' when im drunk that track is proper aggressive Cube killed it.

7 lil jon tracks? I thought cube said this was going to be his most personal album? Coz i dont think hell be rappin personal shit on 7 crunk tracks.
Neptunes and Swizz beats were meant to be the other two producers on his next solo so it seems not much space for Dre or any of the westcoast producers like fredwreck a lot of us would of liked to hear. Shit only if sir jinx n the bomb squad would make a comeback.

At least we know hes recording an album bout time doughboy.

LEV to CPT

• Lil Geezy
too short already had 2 lil jon beats on one of his last cd's( i think married to the mob or something like that) and the tracks were tight ass fuck.so better listen first, and than judge

Spicemuthafuc*in1

ice cube and lil jon  ::)

Tha_Reverend

Listen to "Bitches Aint Shit" with Snoop, Nate and Suga Free then come back to the thread morons.

LOL you beat me to it.  exactly what I was thinkin.  Look, honestly, I'm not a Lil Jon fan at all.  but after listening to "Bitches Ain't Shit", I was very impressed.

1) Impressed that he even shows the West love in the first place.

2) Impressed that he was able to work outside of his chosen Crunk style, and compose of a beat rather that would fit the styles of the guests he had featured on that track.

It takes a damn good producer to step out of his comfort style and really tend to the need of the main featured artist.  I don't see these colabs as a bad thing, becuase I think Lil Jon can do this. even though I don't like his music, he has my respect as a producer.  and honestly guys, do you think he's gonna give two west coast heavy weights 7 crunks beats apiece?  

I remember a rather semi great producer named DJ QUIK doing a beat for Jay Z.  quik didn't shove his style down his throat, rather he custom made a beat that would fit Jays style the most.  that's greatness.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 12:29:16 PM by Nate OG SD »

Sikotic™

It's a different song for Cube, not my favorite but not bad.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

SGV

LOL you beat me to it.  exactly what I was thinkin.  Look, honestly, I'm not a Lil Jon fan at all.  but after listening to "Bitches Ain't Shit", I was very impressed.

1) Impressed that he even shows the West love in the first place.

2) Impressed that he was able to work outside of his chosen Crunk style, and compose of a beat rather that would fit the styles of the guests he had featured on that track.

It takes a damn good producer to step out of his comfort style and really tend to the need of the main featured artist.  I don't see these colabs as a bad thing, becuase I think Lil Jon can do this. even though I don't like his music, he has my respect as a producer.  and honestly guys, do you think he's gonna give two west coast heavy weights 7 crunks beats apiece?  

I remember a rather semi great producer named DJ QUIK doing a beat for Jay Z.  quik didn't shove his style down his throat, rather he custom made a beat that would fit Jays style the most.  that's greatness.

Holla!!!

Jon makes more than Crunk beats, but DubCC never explores past the Radio/MTV (though they hate any and everything that comes through there).

Nima - Dubcnn.com

short been working with lil jon for years

West Coast Veteran

Production line up for Cube so far: Lil Jon, Timbaland, Swizz Beatz, The Neptunes

Cube sounded good over the "Grand Finale" beat but 7 songs by Lil Jon is pushing it a bit. Maybe they recorded 7 songs but only 1 or 2 will end up on the final album?

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
Production line up for Cube so far: Lil Jon, Timbaland, Swizz Beatz, The Neptunes

Cube sounded good over the "Grand Finale" beat but 7 songs by Lil Jon is pushing it a bit. Maybe they recorded 7 songs but only 1 or 2 will end up on the final album?
^^That sounds more realistic to me...I think Cube's gonna sound dope over those Lil' Jon beats, he was dope on "Roll Call" & "Grand Finale" so I've got a feeling these new tracks will be off tha hook too...

Addicted To Cake

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Whos Next?
Too Short = Sell Out

i dont even consider him a westcoast artist anymore.

Soul Sanatorium

• 'G'
I rather see 3 producers on 1 album than 14 producers on 1 album.
Man...that is so true!

acbaylove