Author Topic: Lil John doing 7 songs apiece for upcoming Too short and ice Cube albums........  (Read 1071 times)

SGV

ice cube never reinvented himself?

Not much. Only time he reinvented himself was when he left NWA and went solo. He went back to his NWA mentality though and has remained that way since...

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
you ever heard the bitch in yoo? common breaks it down for you.

westkoastanostra

Phil... Work on your English.

The point is... Too Short and Cube are trying to reinvent themselves, something most old ass West Coast rappers don't do, and this is the response they get. Hate before you even hear it. You guys have NO clue what direction they're going in. So Phillip, shut up for a minute. Thanks.

SGV

you ever heard the bitch in yoo? common breaks it down for you.

Heard it... But that isn't my basis. Sorry.

KURUPTION-81

id be surprised if all 7 songs made the cut.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I approve this move ;D..i want to hear some ice cube on some lil john beats...i want to hear some new ice cube music period!!..i really liked "real ngga roll call" & that other song on .....i think it was on the crunk juice CD 8)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 05:53:36 PM by Black Mask »

Thirteen

yeah you can always reinvent yourself....but hasn't he already did the club music? how is doing more club music reinventing himself?  i'd rather see him retire than come out with some garbage cd, with garbage production that's not gonna sell /12 of what his cd's have sold in the past...

this is gonna end up like snoops last cd... alienate the majority of his old school fan base, and pick up some fickle 13 year old white girls

you can be idiots and call me names like that one douche bag that didn't agree with me...but i really don't give a shit. i won't be the fool spending my time downloading garbage or wasting money on some shitty radio tunes... i'll leave that to the "smart" people

i love men who take pictures with their booty's out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.

lil jon ruined too short imo...he aint the same if ant banks aint doin the tracks..too short was 1 of the 1st rappers 2 fuck wit jon..he had his times...wit jon..bet after awhile..it all sound the same...n got played

now.. cube n chalie hustle.. he brings fire out of them 2 niggas...

e-40 can flow on pretty much nething n it will be the shit.. give him a monkey with 2 sticks a skillet n a wok....n 40 will make that monkey's production the shit... the avg rapper cant flow 2 half the shit 40 gets..

cube ..imo cube had the best verses on jons whole album..n he was spittin like back in the days...he was a beast wit it..

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
shiiit lil jon can make some real g'd up shit, but it its different g'd up shit, its like he got crunk music and then crunksta joints,lol.......its sick but with cube for 7 joints i unno playa...........i'll wait and see before i decide cuz cube one of the best to ever do it........so its gotta be crazy rite??? hope so.......wouldnt mind if the other 7 were produced by dre, then it'd be crazy! haha, cant hate on cube no matter what he does, as long as he dont let justin timberlake on his album like snoop did....but on the real, i'll wait n see when it drops! WHEN being a factor......

yo off topic......this crooked joint cali boys is muthafuckin heat, still no end to the spins its gettin!

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
SGV, yes I'd rather never hear a new Cube record again than see him do this to himself. He has too big of a legacy behind him to go off and make something that he was against for 10 years of his career. Cube was always the guy on the top of the charts just because he was that good, not just because he made a hot single with a gimmick. I suppose if he pulled a Krayzie Bone and just had him produce the beat and left Lil Jon out of the song, it might turn out alright, but the move is just not him. Too Short on the other hand, he makes music for ladies who want to shake their asses. I understand that.

Ice Cube is in his 30s. He's not the revolutionary he once was. He's grown up and has a new outlook, ever thought of that? He has a family now. He has a new bunch of people to make music for... His kids. So, until I hear it, I'm not gonna hate. I'm glad to see two rappers that really have never really reinvented themselves actually make the effort now. Though it is kinda late...

The music they make is definately going to be something that is different. I'll give you that. But what gets to me a little is he just did a Westside Connection CD that wasn't up to par with the majority of his previous work, and by the sound of what he is planning, I am not confident that he will put out a good product. But just like all of these Dre threads I comment in though, it's not anyone's decision but his. I think he should just retire from the music game altogether. That's is my opinion.

Ice Cube probably gets along with Lil Jon and he probably likes his music. Ever thought about that?

That's all fine and dandy. I'm just skeptical about the music they'll make together.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I agree with $, I think it's time for Ice Cube to hang it up. I don't want to see him ruin his legacy. I for one, didn't like Real Nigga Roll Call and the thought of having lil Jon, Swizz Beats and the Neptunes produce his album doesn't appeal to me.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
This could go either way - good or bad. Yeah it's true, Cube sounded great on Lil Jon's beats before and Lil Jon can make "West Coast-ish" tracks like Bitches Ain't Shit, and make it sound real proper. So there's definately potential based on what they've done before. But still - this is Lil Jon after all, the king of crunk. This shit could easily slip into pop-club mode.

But we'll see. I'm waiting to hear it before I judge it. I'm confident they can make it work, I'm just not sure if they will make it work.

On a side note, I'd still have them West Coast producers make tracks for Cube any day instead of Lil Jon, or the Neptunes or Swizz beats or any of them.

Hope he hooks up with Dre though, just for one track at least.