Author Topic: Ludacris is the best mainsteam artist  (Read 412 times)

WeSTSidE_Don

Ludacris is the best mainsteam artist
« on: August 11, 2005, 03:23:50 PM »
For me Ludacris is one of the only main stream artists i can listen too... i would say he is the best main steam artist out right now he always comes hard on everything i have yet to hear a ludacris versus that isnt  :o if you disagree please state so and why

chronic01

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • StR8 Westcoast
Re: Ludacris is the best mainsteam artist
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 03:26:28 PM »
so true
everytime i listen to the made you look remix i'm just like  :o
loveee that remix

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 03:31:44 PM »
I'm down with that. I'd put Outkast above him for sure because they're the first ones that come off the top of my head when I think mainstream. Luda is dope tho.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 03:48:23 PM »
I always felt he was underrated,Homeboy has dope punchlines and wordplay. Unforunatly he gets lumped into the MTV category which is ok i guess but he has more substance than that IMO.

We Fly High

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 04:52:16 PM »
i like him, beccaause hes different than a lot of other rappers in the industry.
he doesnt worry about carrying a hard gangster image, hes just all about having good times and like party music..
and hes got a distinct style, so its dope.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 04:58:14 PM »
Best flow out right now IMO. Not feeling his albums as a whole but he makes good tracks.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2005, 05:06:58 PM »
his albums are mediocre and Í never got into him as a rapper. Not denying he´s got talent though. But as for talent and emceeing, better "mainstream" artists would include

Eminem
Outkast, both of em
Nas
Jada
several Wu-Tang members

and some more, but I´m too tired to make a good list now
(IMO of course)

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2005, 05:07:57 PM »
Yeah him along w/ outkast are dope...I think people brush him off as one of the crappy mainstream acts but he actually spits dope punchlines and his flow is nice

WeSTSidE_Don

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2005, 06:58:37 PM »
his albums are mediocre and Í never got into him as a rapper. Not denying he´s got talent though. But as for talent and emceeing, better "mainstream" artists would include

Nas
Jada

i disagree with those two being better then ludacris.... Nas is a good Emcee no doubt but he is no longer in his prime... proof of this is in the song Virgo both parts are sick IMO but Ludacris is much better... and i wouldnt even consider Jadakiss as a better mainstream artist...he maybe better lyrcist but when it comes to flow and delivery ludacris shits on him

RZARECTA

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Witty Unpredictable-Talent And Natural Game
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2005, 12:54:13 AM »
he needs to put more effort into his albums not just his singles thats his problem

DAYUM

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2005, 12:55:25 AM »
he fell off after word of mouf

'EclipZe

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2005, 04:04:00 AM »
I still enjoy listening to his shit , like his verse on Oh from ciara, good club shit  8)

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2005, 04:51:53 AM »
Eminem

you think shit like ass like that is better than luda's ?

Em got more skill, potentially, but nowadays he can't be taken seriously as an artist.

luda's club tracks >>> Eminem's childlike bullshit humor tracks

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2005, 05:40:31 AM »

Nas
Jada

i disagree with those two being better then ludacris.... Nas is a good Emcee no doubt but he is no longer in his prime... proof of this is in the song Virgo both parts are sick IMO but Ludacris is much better... and i wouldnt even consider Jadakiss as a better mainstream artist...he maybe better lyrcist but when it comes to flow and delivery ludacris shits on him
IMO, flow and delivery is about equal in Jada´s case, plus he´s the better lyricist and has one ill voice.

Nas is indeed no longer in his prime, but "NY State Of Mind", "Represent", "Rewind", "2nd Childhood", "The Message", "Doo Rags" and dozens of other tracks are LIGHT YEARS ahead of anything Luda could write, Nas´ flow is dope as hell, his voice is great...talent-wise I think Luda is no competition for him at all

Eminem

you think shit like ass like that is better than luda's ?

Em got more skill, potentially, but nowadays he can't be taken seriously as an artist.

luda's club tracks >>> Eminem's childlike bullshit humor tracks
as for talent and emceeing, better "mainstream" artists would include

...of course Eminem´s been sucking hard lately. "Ass Like That" is about as good as a slightly below average Yayo track (how I love to bash Yayo, sorry for doing it again) or what I suppuse "Hannicap Circus" to be like. But that doesn´t change anything about Eminem being one of the most talented MC´s to EVER grab a pen and a pad, from lyrical tongue-twisting on "Hellbound" and "Infinite", to skillful bullshit lyrics that were actually funny, "Role Model", "Just Don´t Give A Fuck" to even serious shit like "Stan" or "Sing For The Moment". Luda can NOT fuck with that

wcsoldier

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2005, 05:46:58 AM »
Yep I like Luda's delivery but his albums aren't impressive for me. He has to improve when it comes to pick a beat, too much fillers on every album he did