Author Topic: With 33%, DJ Quik has sold only 20,000...  (Read 463 times)

King-Suge

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 1000 plus posts under my belt..Its GOOD to be King
Re: With 33%, DJ Quik has sold only 20,000...
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2002, 11:52:06 AM »
>= link=board=general;num=1023807160;start=0#12 date=06/11/02 at 16:06:43]

Why doesn't he deserve to be #1? He surely deserves it over half the joke MC's/rappers that are breaking through nowadays. It's not his best album, no, but none of his albums have been short of dope imo so it doesn't really matter to me. Quik has always been consistent in my eyes and he deserves alot more recognition than he gets, alot more.

Besides Nelly and Ja Rule --who are these other "joke" rappers that sell?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
I only gave you the crown, so I could shoot it off your fucking head-Suge

Refer to me as your highness or dont refer at all

The King is Eddie Winslow/Youre a modern day Urkel/Ill throw you in the pool and hide your pink snorkel.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2002, 12:04:04 PM »

Besides Nelly and Ja Rule --who are these other "joke" rappers that sell?

Off the top of my head...Puffy, DMX (well in some I can stand him but in all), any cash money affiliate (excluding TQ since, he's not an MC so he shouldn't be including anyways but he's still dope), Lil' Romeo and some other No Limit affiliates are pretty shitty, Fabolous....

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

King-Suge

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 1000 plus posts under my belt..Its GOOD to be King
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2002, 01:33:22 PM »
Off the top of my head...Puffy, DMX (well in some I can stand him but in all), any cash money affiliate (excluding TQ since, he's not an MC so he shouldn't be including anyways but he's still dope), Lil' Romeo and some other No Limit affiliates are pretty shitty, Fabolous.... >>

Let's go through your little list...

P-Diddy-Im sorry..but he's been putting out some hot records lately.  I Need a Girl 1 and 2, Special Delivery, Bad Boy 4 Life were all bangers.  I dont like P-Diddy but I certainly dont have a problem with him getting paper.

DMX-I dont like DMX-but I certainly dont put him in the Nelly category.

"Cash Money Affiliates"-Hmm..Both the Mack 10 and Big Tymers CDs are bangin.  And Juvy, Turk, and BG arent on Cash Money anymore.  So lets see here..You got the hot Mack 10 album-but that didnt sell..and you got the Big Tymer album which is on fire on the charts and one of the best albums of the year..certainly no problem here.

Lil Romeo-Okay..thats cool--Teeny bopper rap is DEFINITELY not for everyone.

No Limit affiliates-I enjoy No Limit, but they dont push big units and your original argument was that crap artists push big units.

Fabolous-I like Fabolous--tight flow and great wordplay.  He also had some hot beats behind him and some good collabos.
I only gave you the crown, so I could shoot it off your fucking head-Suge

Refer to me as your highness or dont refer at all

The King is Eddie Winslow/Youre a modern day Urkel/Ill throw you in the pool and hide your pink snorkel.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2002, 02:16:50 AM »
Regardless of who still does or doesn't sell in the list I gave Quik is still doper than every one of them. You see the mainstream audiences give the majority of sales to the likes of the artists i've mentioned above, and in some cases artists like Quik who have been around for some time but havn't pushed mad units from the very beginning of their career the mainstream audiences don't seem to have much faith in their material. Mainstream audiences tend to put their faith in sales when it comes to choosing an album to buy, if someone is selling then that automatically means to them that it's good quality, but in most cases that isn't exactly true.
With Quik he seems to sell around about the same amount with every album, which to me means he has quite a solid and loyal fanbase. You best believe Quik would still be pushing units today if his material did alot sales-wise from the start of his career.
Sales don't particularly matter to me , if an artist I like manages to sell well then thats good, well done to them but it won't influence my choice of whether to buy their material or not. Maybe if everyone thought like this we would see a drastic change in the sales figures of particular artists...

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.