Author Topic: Guilty  (Read 109 times)

BigBDrugStores

Guilty
« on: August 13, 2005, 09:04:17 AM »
Lastest News In Turk Case

Turk GUILTY on 3 gun charges

2005-08-10 14:08
 Source – CommercialAppeal News

A federal jury took less than five hours to find New Orleans rapper Tab 'Turk' Virgil guilty of three felony weapons charges. Virgil faced three counts -- being a felon in possession of a handgun, being a fugitive in possession of a handgun, and being a drug addict in possession. The charges stemmed from the Jan. 26, 2004, shooting of Shelby County Sheriff's deputy Chris Harris during a Hickory Hill drug raid. Harris nodded his head when the verdict was read. Officers who were were with him the day of the shooting shook his hand. "It's been a long road," the deputy said. "I knew everything we did was right. We never had anything to hide."

The deputy, who's had two surgeries on his left jaw and has several scars, still faces two more surgeries. "This gave me a new look on what it is like to be a victim," Harris said. The former SWAT team member testified that when he opened a closet door at 2740 Hickory Villas, he saw a muzzle flash, followed by a stream of 9 mm slugs. After being struck in the jaw, arm, hip and calf, Harris said he traded shots with Virgil, who wasn't hurt. Virgil and attorney Jay Bailey sat impassively while the jury foreman read the verdicts. Bailey said he'll ask for a new trial

He questioned why the jury returned so quickly with a verdict after a weeklong trial that included more than 20 witnesses and more than 170 pieces of evidence. "We wore the jury out," he said. "I'm surprised. I'm disappointed; my client is disappointed." U.S. Atty. Terry Harris wasn't. "The proof showed it was him," the prosecutor said after the jury's announcement. Because no one actually saw Virgil with a gun or in the closet, the prosecution had to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Virgil shot the deputy in order to prove he had the 9mm handgun found in the closet.

"That required a substantial amount of evidence and testimony," Harris said. In closing arguments, Harris said Virgil made an error when he told police he was in the bathroom when the shooting happened. Deputies ran immediately to the bathroom upon entering the apartment, and didn't see Virgil there. And Virgil made no mention of seeing the deputies in the bathroom. "By saying he's in the bathroom, he's saying he's in the closet," the prosecutor concluded. Virgil awaits trial on attempted first-degree murder charges in Shelby County Criminal Court.

He faces a minimum of five years in federal prison when he's sentenced Oct. 26.
scource
http://www.degreez.tk/

well there goes any chance of a hot boys reunion any time soon

Addicted To Cake

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Whos Next?
Re: Guilty
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 04:23:55 AM »
hes an idiot.

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!