Author Topic: how come mobb deep & m.o.p. arent getting the same hate nas got?  (Read 813 times)

SGV

Re: how come mobb deep & m.o.p. arent getting the same hate nas got?
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2005, 03:57:08 PM »
I don't even like Nas. Hell, I like M.O.P. 10x more. But, to say their catalog is on par with Nas'? Jomo... You really dickride too hard. You're also a grade A hater to say that. Eh... Whatever.

Jome

« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2005, 04:00:52 PM »
^lol so as long as an artist is with g-unit its good?

i mean everything you sayin is speculation. nas couldve sold hella records just cuz he was on ja's team. look at the song they recorded together "The Pledge". was nas singin love songs?

mobb deep & mop are about to go real pussy. you see yayo is singin love songs & 50 was talkin about makin mop go to the gym

Nope and nope.
I'd rather see Nas signing with Star Trak than signing with Murder Inc.
I also believe that Nas could have sold millions on The Inc with the right promotion, but that doesn't mean I'd like to see him on Murder Inc, it's the music that counts for me.
I have yet to see a Nas-fan (except you) be positive about him signing with Murder Inc.

Read Yayo's interview.  He specifically says that he didn't release a street single as the lead because its too limited in its appeal.  That's G-Unit's formula.  What makes you think they're gonna switch it up for MOP?  I'd say its a safe bet that 50 is gonna market MOP exactly how he markets anyone else.  Now i'm all for people making money, especially veterans in the game who deserve much more than alot of these cats gettin money.  But they're sellin out to do so.

Time will tell, your guess is as good as mine.  :)

I don't even like Nas. Hell, I like M.O.P. 10x more. But, to say their catalog is on par with Nas'? Jomo... You really dickride too hard. You're also a grade A hater to say that. Eh... Whatever.

Go back to bumping Mauzip, why don't you.

Jome

« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2005, 04:04:51 PM »
I don't even like Nas. Hell, I like M.O.P. 10x more. But, to say their catalog is on par with Nas'?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  ;D

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2005, 04:18:25 PM »
^lol so as long as an artist is with g-unit its good?

i mean everything you sayin is speculation. nas couldve sold hella records just cuz he was on ja's team. look at the song they recorded together "The Pledge". was nas singin love songs?

mobb deep & mop are about to go real pussy. you see yayo is singin love songs & 50 was talkin about makin mop go to the gym

Nope and nope.
I'd rather see Nas signing with Star Trak than signing with Murder Inc.
I also believe that Nas could have sold millions on The Inc with the right promotion, but that doesn't mean I'd like to see him on Murder Inc, it's the music that counts for me.
I have yet to see a Nas-fan (except you) be positive about him signing with Murder Inc.

cuz i havent been programmed to hate murder inc. and besides im a fan so i dont care who he signs with. just like everyone was mad at kurupt for going to death roww; i didnt have a problem with it cuz im a fan.

like i said man its a double standard. i dont have the time or the energy to deal with you're dickryding right now.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Jome

« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2005, 04:27:15 PM »
cuz i havent been programmed to hate murder inc. and besides im a fan so i dont care who he signs with. just like everyone was mad at kurupt for going to death roww; i didnt have a problem with it cuz im a fan.

like i said man its a double standard. i dont have the time or the energy to deal with you're dickryding right now.

AHHH, you're a fan, so you are not allowed to have a opinion of your own, I get it.
So, if I asked you, would you rather see Nas sign with DJ Premier's label, Murder Inc, G-Unit, Star Trak, or Koch, you couldn't answer because you're just a fan ?

There's a lot of artists I like better than G-Unit, but none of them have the financial power to have records promoted/released, that's why I'm positive about artists signing with G-Unit, instead of labels where they will be sitting on the shelves. Another main point is that G-Unit have access to all the top producers, not many labels have that.
That's why I was happy with M.O.P. signing with the ROC, because I thought it finally meant that they would get something released..

Da Flamboyant 1

« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2005, 04:57:25 PM »
dat nigga jome be trippin. i mean i agree i dont wanna see nas on murder inc but ur dickriding mop real hard. u got that groupie love for dem niggaz no joke. army of classics lol wtf man get that dick out yo mouth.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 04:59:09 PM by Da Flamboyant 1 »

J Bananas

« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2005, 05:15:20 PM »
haha fuck an apology. say what u mean dont use queer little smilies were not in middle school

SGV

« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2005, 05:57:39 PM »
Another main point is that G-Unit have access to all the top producers, not many labels have that.
That's why I was happy with M.O.P. signing with the ROC, because I thought it finally meant that they would get something released..

Murder Inc has access to many Producers as well. Don't forget they're through Def Jam. Def Jam > G-Unit as far as love. The only people that Murder Inc won't have access to is Dre, Eminem and various people affiliate with them. But, being that it's NAS they COULD'VE had that access.

davida.b.

« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2005, 06:13:40 PM »
^^^You're forgetting one thing about Murder Inc: They care more about R&B singers on that label than rappers. Ja Rule is the only rapper on that label who has released an album. That fag Lloyd got an album released shortly after he was signed, yet Black Child, Ronnie Bumps, Cadillac Tah, etc. Have been waiting for years to put out an album. What makes you think Nas would've been any different?

SGV

« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2005, 06:44:23 PM »
You understand that it's VERY easy to market an R&B artist right? You realize Nas is a legend and has his loyal fan base right? Black Child and the rest are NOT Nas. They have NO fan base. They're careers had to be started from scratch. Nas had been in the game. He's a vet. Nas is uncomparable to Black Child and everyone else Murder Inc signed.

Also... Don't forget that they DID release a Murderer's album.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2005, 09:47:04 PM »
haha fuck an apology. say what u mean dont use queer little smilies were not in middle school
What a fuckin moron,get wit the times.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2005, 02:58:03 AM »
lol at mobb deep and mop in new tony yayo video doing that stupid thing that yayo does(covering his face).they look like idiots

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2005, 05:39:07 AM »
MOP = legends, denying they got classics out is stupid.

I'm not really into Mobb, not my taste, but I sure ain't happy with mop signing to g-unit, then again they gotta get an album out it's been a damn long time..
I can't tell how it's gon be though, on the one hand it's mop, they never sold out and it's kinda hard to believe they will, on the other hand I don't really believe 50's bitch ass when he talks about not wanting to change them since he loves how they are. He also talked about Ja being rnb, not hiphop, now he looks exactly like ja did with ashanti so he doesn't seem to have a problem with contradicting himself.

I think it's well possible though that MOP will release an album as we're used to, wit 2 or 3 club bangers (which is not a bad thing in their case, remember ante up, cold as ice.. club anthem in their case means robbery anthem lol, they ain't yet changed for shit EVER, even on the spice girl collabo) being the 'commercial' part. I know they won't change their subject matter or their flows, what's left to worry about is production and the hooks.. keep that joe faggot the fuck off the record.

as for the original topic, nas did that jlo joint around the same time and everybody expected the worst when they heard about him sigining with murder inc while in this case people are still hopin mop and mobb won't change on gunit records.
Once they released their album and it turns out to be a sell out and people are denying it, you can talk about double standards.. until then it's all speculation.

SGV

« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2005, 10:25:53 AM »

Mobb Deep has tons more classics than MOP. Again, I like MOP more than Mobb Deep. People need to realize, MOP really aren't legends. They're the equivalent to The Luniz. One big hit and a few MINOR ripples outside of that.

Da Flamboyant 1

« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2005, 11:14:53 AM »

Mobb Deep has tons more classics than MOP. Again, I like MOP more than Mobb Deep. People need to realize, MOP really aren't legends. They're the equivalent to The Luniz. One big hit and a few MINOR ripples outside of that.

aite dis sgv nigga knows what hes talkin about. no1 hatin on mop they coo but they aint got no army of classics and they aint on the level of pac, big, krs, rakim, nas, etc. how the fuck can u even mention mop in the same line as these tight ass muthafuckas.