Author Topic: The Bible v The Qur'an  (Read 654 times)

cska-moscow

• Lil Geezy
The Bible v The Qur'an
« on: August 17, 2005, 07:31:47 AM »
Which do you think is the true book ? Here is my view:

The Bible: A book that was God's word but has been changed by human's throughout the centuries. Has many error's/inaccuracies throughout.

The Qur'an: A book that has never been changed by human's. Contain's many scientific fact's only revealed by modern science. Has no error's/contradiction's in it, in fact Allah challenges people to find error's in the Qur'an.

Therefore I think that the Qur'an is the word of God. With you're view's/opinion's could you add any evidence which back's up you're view/opinion.

CSKA MOSKVA - AMBASSADOR'S FOR RUSSIAN FOOTBALL

mauzip

Re: The Bible v The Qur'an
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 07:33:36 AM »
You are indoctrinated and brainwashed.

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 08:22:29 AM »
but the Qu'ran wasnt written by Allah/god even you didnt say it was...we know when it was written and when islam was invented...

how can a man made invention be the truth and word of god?

cska-moscow

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 08:49:15 AM »
OK, The Qur'an is essentially the word of God. Just because it was written through someone does not mean it is not the word of God. For Example, if you told me to write something for you, it would be you're word but I just wrote it for you.

So essentially, the Qur'an is the word of God but was presented to Muhammad over a period of 23 year's in which it was then compiled into a book.

This in a sense bring's me onto another point. You say the Qur'an is a man made invention, am I right ? But then how can it have many scientific facts that correlate with modern science, when it was written over 1400 year's ago by a supposedly illeterate and un-educated man ?

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 08:52:48 AM »
OK, The Qur'an is essentially the word of God. Just because it was written through someone does not mean it is not the word of God. For Example, if you told me to write something for you, it would be you're word but I just wrote it for you.

So essentially, the Qur'an is the word of God but was presented to Muhammad over a period of 23 year's in which it was then compiled into a book.

so if someone came to you with a book they'd written and said it was the word of god you'd believe it?

This in a sense bring's me onto another point. You say the Qur'an is a man made invention, am I right ? But then how can it have many scientific facts that correlate with modern science, when it was written over 1400 year's ago by a supposedly illeterate and un-educated man ?

yes its man made.

the thing about "facts" is.. thats what they are.. no matter where you are in history the facts remain the same as _science_ unlike the bible (as you pointed out it changed) cannot change.. since its a stone cold reproducable provable thing.

cska-moscow

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005, 09:04:14 AM »

so if someone came to you with a book they'd written and said it was the word of god you'd believe it?

yes its man made.

the thing about "facts" is.. thats what they are.. no matter where you are in history the facts remain the same as _science_ unlike the bible (as you pointed out it changed) cannot change.. since its a stone cold reproducable provable thing.
Firstly, I am a bit confused as to what you wrote, that is in no way dis-respecting you. Fact's like you said have been around for all time and I am not doubting that. The thing that I am trying to say is that these "facts"  that were in a book written over 1400 hundered year's ago, when there was little or no technological advance's, have been proven right by modern science 1400 year's later.

I mean the Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h) could have claimed these facts but no one would have believed him until they were proven that these fact's he said were indeed true.

Secondly, if someone came up to me and said they had a book and claimed it was the word of God, I would not believe them on the spot, I would read the book and see for myself, as did the Arabian's. Secondly, the reason that I believe the Qur'an is the word of god is because:

1) Like I said previously, it has scientific fact's only proven right until now, no one could have known these fact's over 1400 year's ago.
2) The Qur'an highlight's many issues for me and gives me a clear instruction in how to deal with them.

'EclipZe

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2005, 09:11:09 AM »
I don't believe the shit in those books  ::) , just believe in god, fuck them books !

cska-moscow

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2005, 09:15:41 AM »
I don't believe the shit in those books  ::) , just believe in god, fuck them books !
You have you're own opinion and I have mine, it is good that you are conscious of a God but really you should not dis-credit you're opinion by calling the information in the book's "shit". After all more than 1 billion people follow the Qur'an, more than 2 billion people follow the Bible and so on. By saying the book's contain "shit", you are in sense, dis-respecting these people's belief's.

mauzip

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2005, 10:32:29 AM »
god... we got another infinite ::)

J Bananas

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2005, 10:35:35 AM »
any form of standardized religion which teaches u that it is the true word of God is full of shit. There are several facts about the natural world that contradict information presented in holy books. The idea of using a religion to express spirituality is just another form of slavery and a way to keep people in line. If u wanna believe in a higher creator, which there could have been, OK, but to put your faith in a book written by a human who claims to be the voice of God doesnn't sit right with me. Humans are too untrustable to put that much faith in. It leads to bad things, like starting wars and persecuting other people because they dont believe in your variation of how the world was created.

cska-moscow

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2005, 12:46:12 PM »
I get what you mean, how can people put fiath in a book written by human's. But like I say, if you read the Qur'an thoroughly you will learn much more about Islam than you do now and you will see it is totally different to what many non-Muslim's percieve it to be.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2005, 01:02:05 PM »

I just assumed it was Infinte.

Anyway, I'll play along.

What unknown sciences did the Qur'an prove?

Sikotic™

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2005, 02:04:24 PM »
So much for the topic starter being without bias lol
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2005, 02:29:38 PM »
Which do you think is the true book ? Here is my view:

The Bible: A book that was God's word but has been changed by human's throughout the centuries. Has many error's/inaccuracies throughout.

The Qur'an: A book that has never been changed by human's. Contain's many scientific fact's only revealed by modern science. Has no error's/contradiction's in it, in fact Allah challenges people to find error's in the Qur'an.

Therefore I think that the Qur'an is the word of God. With you're view's/opinion's could you add any evidence which back's up you're view/opinion.

Just read the bible and love God. :halo:
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Don Seer

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2005, 03:31:03 PM »

I just assumed it was Infinte.

Anyway, I'll play along.

What unknown sciences did the Qur'an prove?

yeah its not infinite.. but sure smells like him..

and i'll second that question..  what are these scienfitic facts?  are you just repeating something you heard blindly? or do you have proof of these 'facts'?  your post has a ring of the arrogance of the modern world..

you gotta remember... people aint getting cleverer.. they just have more back knowledge/experience to learn from as time goes on  ;)

my saying "facts" existed means that the science although worded differently and not using our "modern terms" and attitude will be valid. theres more than 1 way to skin cat in that theres more than 1 way to prove something scientifically.

one example is that its well known that middle eastern medicine was well advanced in SOME areas compared to western. just like how eastern medicine is in some other areas.