Author Topic: The Bible v The Qur'an  (Read 632 times)

'EclipZe

Re: The Bible v The Qur'an
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2005, 04:45:39 AM »
the bible is fucked up. People changed it 2 many times, man lol it's such bullshit... and the church omfg, I even used to be a acolite (dunno how u call that in english correct, those lil boys that help the pastors in the church :P ) and I believed all that shit, but I just realized 80% of it is bullshit, church's just a cult that tries to make money of ppl who believe in god.

cska-moscow

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2005, 04:47:12 AM »
Firstly, like I said before, the Qur'an is not a science book and therefore it does not reveal all science. Islam teaches us to seek knowledge and learn thing's for ourselves, if Allah/God simply gave us all knowledge and told us everything, then the world would not be like it is today. However, having said this, Dr Keith Moore examined the verses in the Qur'an extensively and I am sure if you have visited the link then you should know his finding's.

Like I said the Qur'an does not contain all science but merely a guidance. Therefore we cannot make conclusion's based on what it may/should say but on what it does say.

It say's in the Qur'an, there will be people whom when you show them evidence for the first time will know it is the truth and accept, but some may require you to show it 10 times and some 1000 times and still they will not accept it, the Qur'an refer's to this people as the blind, the deaf, the dumb and there will be no changing these people.

CSKA MOSKVA - AMBASSADOR'S FOR RUSSIAN FOOTBALL

mauzip

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2005, 04:49:12 AM »
You know what people I hate the most? People that try to convert other people.

cska-moscow

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2005, 05:03:18 AM »
I am not here to convert anyone, I am simply putting my view across. You can make you're own decision, I am not going to hate or respect you any more whatever you choose to do, but I am just, in a sense, widening you're knowledge on Islam jsut the same as you can tell me more about Christianity and more on why you don't believe in a religion.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2005, 11:51:05 AM »
god... we got another infinite ::)

I just assumed it was Infinte.

Anyway, I'll play along.

What unknown sciences did the Qur'an prove?

Well firstly, the Qur'an contain's many scientific revelation's, that were presented to man, however they were not proven to be correct until modern time's due to technological advances which showed direct correlation to Qur'anic statement's and modern science.

Here are some:

1) The Qur'an said the world/earth was a spherical shape, human's did not know this until many hundered's of year's later.
2) The Qur'an say's the world, moon and sun has orbit's. Again, this was not known until many hundered's of year's later.
3) The Qur'an talks about the initial stages of an embryo, it say's the embryo look's like a clot intially and then a leach. Dr Keith Moore, head of embryology in Canada, checked this and prove it to be correct.
4) The Qur'an talk's about mountain's having deep underlying root's in the Earth, the mountain's act like stabilizer's to the Earth. Again this was not known until recently.
5) The Qur'an also states that the atmosphere has 7 different layer's. Due to technological advances this has been proven correct.
6) The Qur'an also states that everything is made in pair's. This was proven correct by Physicist, Prof. Paul Dirac, who siad “...every particle has its antiparticle of opposite charge… …and the uncertainty relation tells us that pair creation and pair annihilation happen in the vacuum at all times, in all places.”
7) The Qur'an also states that the Universe is expanding and because of modern Astronomy this has been proven correct.
8) The Qur'an states that the sea/ocean's can be set on fire, this has been proven correct as scientists have recently discovered that all of the present day oceans and some seas (such as the Red Sea and the Arabian Sea) are physically set on fire, while others (such as the Mediterranean, the Black and the Caspian Seas) are not.
9) The Qur'an states that it is best for a person to sleep on the right side, this has been proven correct as the smaller of the lung's does not then put pressure on the heart and this allows for quicker digestion of food. Also if someone slept on the left side, the heart would be under a lot of pressure from the bigger right lung.

1) The Earth was known as spherical at least as far back as the Greeks. One Greek mathemitician correctly calculated the circumference of the Earth over 700 years before the Qur'an was written.

2) Again the Greeks had orbiting models. The popular one was everything orbiting around the Earth, but there was heliocentric model as well, but was discard by most.

I'll also bet I could find cultures that new about the other things as well.

THETRUTHUG

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2005, 12:10:58 PM »

Da Flamboyant 1

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2005, 12:57:26 PM »
I even used to be a acolite (dunno how u call that in english correct, those lil boys that help the pastors in the church :P )

damn nigga u musta got ur asshole torn apart

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2005, 05:40:30 PM »
from wut i hav been taught, they are both the word of God.

the difference is that the Quran has never been changed because of the way it was written. as for ppl sayin a man wrote it, another thing i learned is this: when the Quran was being revealed, God had sent Gabriel to Muhammad. Gabreil made Muhammad say the verses in the Quran, but not in order. Muhammad's followers wrote down the verses (because Muhammad was illiterate, and couldn't read or write) and after his death, his son-in-law Ali compiled the Quran together.

the Bible is also the word of God (at least he original is) but it has been changed overtime so that it would be easier for people to understand it. now ive also heard that ppl changed it to benefit them, but im not 100% sure. I hope i havent offended any Christian brothers and sisters cause that is not my goal, and if i have my apologies.

but anyways, they are both from God.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

'EclipZe

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2005, 08:54:13 AM »
I even used to be a acolite (dunno how u call that in english correct, those lil boys that help the pastors in the church :P )

damn nigga u musta got ur asshole torn apart

no, i haven't been raped.

rafsta

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2005, 06:31:08 PM »
Firstly, like I said before, the Qur'an is not a science book and therefore it does not reveal all science. Islam teaches us to seek knowledge and learn thing's for ourselves, if Allah/God simply gave us all knowledge and told us everything, then the world would not be like it is today. However, having said this, Dr Keith Moore examined the verses in the Qur'an extensively and I am sure if you have visited the link then you should know his finding's.

Like I said the Qur'an does not contain all science but merely a guidance. Therefore we cannot make conclusion's based on what it may/should say but on what it does say.

It say's in the Qur'an, there will be people whom when you show them evidence for the first time will know it is the truth and accept, but some may require you to show it 10 times and some 1000 times and still they will not accept it, the Qur'an refer's to this people as the blind, the deaf, the dumb and there will be no changing these people.

listen buddy, its cool and all youre reppin the qu'ran, but if youre gonna play the scientific card, then you have to play it all the way, you cant just say it has scientific facts, then flip the script and say only look at the scientific facts that are correct, and ignore the incorrect statements...

other than that, the quaran and the bible pretty much teach the same thing, be a good person... main differences: the bible brings in alot of mythology and peace, the quran brings in science, violence and demeaning women... throw that aside, and you have two books that promote similar values.

rafsta

« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2005, 10:39:25 AM »
 8)

cska-moscow

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2005, 01:03:48 PM »

listen buddy, its cool and all youre reppin the qu'ran, but if youre gonna play the scientific card, then you have to play it all the way, you cant just say it has scientific facts, then flip the script and say only look at the scientific facts that are correct, and ignore the incorrect statements...

other than that, the quaran and the bible pretty much teach the same thing, be a good person... main differences: the bible brings in alot of mythology and peace, the quran brings in science, violence and demeaning women... throw that aside, and you have two books that promote similar values.
But I have stated many time's over, there are no scientific error's in the Qur'an, what I was pointing out to the other person was that OK the Qur'an may not go into much detail but the main point of the statement is correct. Thus we cannot make assumption's on what should be said but on what is actually written and then say if that is correct or incorrect.

On you're second point, the Qur'an does not bring violence, many of the verses in the Qur'an that are used today are taken out of context, the verses relate to the war's that the Muslim's fought and said, only battle in war's and kill no women and children and firstly try to promote peace before fighting. It does not state go killing every day.

Demeaning Women ?!??! I admit it seem's odd to a westerner when they see women dressed in Islamic clothes as they are not used to it. The women clearly feel that they are comfortable and feel safe in the particular dress so they wear it, no one forces them to wear such dress.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2005, 01:13:28 PM »

Demeaning Women ?!??! I admit it seem's odd to a westerner when they see women dressed in Islamic clothes as they are not used to it. The women clearly feel that they are comfortable and feel safe in the particular dress so they wear it, no one forces them to wear such dress.

Are you an Arab from the Middle East? Because I know a lot of them and they all feel that they should have control over any woman in their family. Most I know even say that they'd kill their daughter if she had premarital sex. The North American born arabs don't feel this way but the ones raised in the middle east and then moved here do. Please don't be an idiot. To say Islam isn't filled with sexists is like saying the Catholic Church isn't filled with sexists.

rafsta

« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2005, 11:21:15 PM »
^you cant compare the sexism in the church to the sexism in islam... sexism in christianity only streches as far as church on sundays, islam the sexism is an ongoing thing every-day...

how is it the women have a choice ? they HAVE to wear a veil, they are comfortable with it, just like a dog can get used to wearing a flea collar, sure its weird at first, but then conditioning allows it to forget ! so why dont they make it optional ? i am sure that over 50% of women would stop wearing it if they werent punished for it in any way...

rafsta

« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2005, 11:22:29 PM »
the veil is a pathetic way for islamic men to control women...