Author Topic: homes r overpriced especially cali  (Read 281 times)

Da Flamboyant 1

homes r overpriced especially cali
« on: August 17, 2005, 07:41:53 PM »

J Bananas

Re: homes r overpriced especially cali
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 07:57:12 PM »
2     Salinas, Calif.     67%

haha, my birthplace, has one of the worst murder rates in the country and its only got 144,000 people in it. totally overvalued.

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 08:05:11 PM »
That's why I'm at my parent's pad, haha. I can't afford the prices out here.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 01:14:55 AM »
2     Salinas, Calif.     67%

haha, my birthplace, has one of the worst murder rates in the country and its only got 144,000 people in it. totally overvalued.
thats why everybodys movin out the bay to over here(Sac,Stockton,Modesto) fuckin the prices up for us on damn near everything. Track homes,Housing projects poppin up everywhere. I shoulda stayed in the I.E.  :-\

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2005, 04:08:43 AM »
i doubt its as bad as house prices here in my area, a 3 bed detached home with not much land will easily fetch £400,000 thats about $725,000 USD

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

cska-moscow

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2005, 05:00:02 AM »
Yes that is very much true. In England the house prices have risen dramatically. Even in impovorished area's a house can featch £100,000 easily.

CSKA MOSKVA - AMBASSADOR'S FOR RUSSIAN FOOTBALL

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2005, 06:03:14 AM »
indeed.. shits nuts over here...

i've just been to see a mortgage advisor.. i'm too not far off being able to get a small 2 bed house on my own now.. a lot closer than i thought.. need to save more to be able to do that though.. probably be next summer at this rate

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2005, 06:49:54 AM »
And I thought prices were bad here. When my parents bought their house, it was like $80,000 for a 4BR/2 Bath. Now after 20 years, their house is worth $350,000 cause this is where all the celebrities live with million dollar homes. And my city isn't even on that list. Duluth barely pulled off #50 and that's damn near Canada.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2005, 07:03:22 AM »
And I thought prices were bad here. When my parents bought their house, it was like $80,000 for a 4BR/2 Bath. Now after 20 years, their house is worth $350,000 cause this is where all the celebrities live with million dollar homes. And my city isn't even on that list. Duluth barely pulled off #50 and that's damn near Canada.
my house was baught for £80,000 in 1986 my dad was thinking of selling it a few months ago it was valued at £500,000 that means on average its gone up 33% a year, although we did have an extension built which gave it an extra room upstairs and downstairs.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 07:07:16 AM by Don Rizzle »

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Don Seer

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2005, 07:29:03 AM »
a 3 bedroom house in my road that needs a bit of work just came up for 155K.. thats two double bedrooms and a smaller 3rd one.. better condition ones go for 175K.. say 4 years ago they were worth 130K...

i'm going to have to spend around 120K to get a modern (thin walled etc) 2 bed house round here.. with a decent main bedroom and a smaller 2nd one.. enough for just me.. i'd prefer an older house as they often have a dining room too.. so could use that as computer room instead of 2nd bedroom ;)

need to put down a hefty deposit though.. i have some saved.. need to save some more to bring the repayments down.. reckon i can afford it this time next year if i keep saving
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 07:32:28 AM by Overseer »

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2005, 07:45:03 AM »
seer what kind of deposit you need? i thaught u were on alright money if your only looking to spend 120k you should be able to get it on a salary of say 30k pa with no deposit although money would be way too tight to mention. I've got enough for a decent deposit from inheritence but i don't have the salary yet considering i'm still at uni so i'll live at home after i graduate until i can afford something, fuck renting thats just wasted money if your doing it and trying to save up for a house for a house of your own.

Don Seer

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2005, 07:52:59 AM »
i'm not on london wages.. remember i'm out in the wilds ;) ... I earn more than the average around here.. not by a mile.. but i earn more than a lot of my friends. Right now i'm in a good position i'm living at home and paying little.. some of my friends already pay out 500/600 a month on rent so saving is hard! If I save harder now I give myself more money per month when I'm out of here... Now I realise i'm closer than I thought to getting a house I'm gonna start pushing more into my savings account per month (I have a high interest account where interest is calculated monthly, but paid yearly). I may as well start putting back nearly what the mortgage would be minus my current rent to get used to having less in my pocket.

At a stretch they offered me 110k today based upon a 5k deposit (and reckoned i needed another 4K to cover fee's). I want to put down over 10K really. so i need nearly 20K in my pocket to bring the overall mortgage down and afford buying fee's etc _and_ afford to do some decorating and furnishing when I get somewhere.... ohh and buy a kitten! :)

I get bonus's at work too at 6 monthly intervals depending upon how the company is doing.. sometimes not much.. sometimes very good.. so they might help boost... a few years ago they were quite big.. but they aint been so large lately.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 08:05:46 AM by Overseer »

Suga Foot

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2005, 08:36:22 AM »
homes are overpriced right now because interest rates are low, as soon as they increase, people won't be able to afford their homes.  So that's when I swoop in and buy a house.

Don Seer

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2005, 09:26:25 AM »
^ yah its same story here... BUT no matter what happens house prices wont fall even if people are priced out of their own homes by rising rates.. they'll take their equity out and downsize... but there's another twist.. unless they're new buyers that havent been in situ long they're likely to profit from the sale of their home enough to sort them out and move into a similar property.. unless something majorly majorly bad happens to the property market prices wont be dropping so you're not going to get a cheap deal..

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2005, 09:32:12 AM »
we also have a housing shortage which has been and continues to be contributing factor to house price inflation