Author Topic: What artist's albums do you own the most of?  (Read 600 times)

Jakubs

Re: What artist's albums do you own the most of?
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2005, 05:11:05 PM »
Jay-Z (19): The Black Jays Album (Black Jays); Blueprint 2.1; The Black Remixes: Back To Basics (DJ Lt. Dan); The Black Instrumentals (DJ Wats & Young Jux); Fade To Black: A Classic Retrospective By Mick Boogie; The Brown Album (Kev Brown); The White Albulum (Kno vs Hov); The (Unofficial) Black Album Remix (Paul Nice vs Jay-Z); Reasonable Doubt; S. Carter: The Re-Mix; The Black Album; The Black Album Acappella; The Blueprint; The Blueprint 2: The Gift & The Curse; The Dynasty Roc La Familia (2000 - ); The S. Carter Collection; Unplugged; Vol. 2... Hard Knock Life; Collision Course (Jay-Z/Linkin Park)

Nas (15): 10 Year Anniversary Illmatic Platinum Series; God's Stepson (9th Wonder); Hova's Son (DJ Lt. Dan); From Illmatic To Stillmatic The Remixes; God's Son; I Am...; Illmatic; It Was Written; Nastradoomus (MF Doom); Nastradamus; Soulmatic (Soul Supreme); The Illest Of...Nas...Bootlegs And B-Sides (Mixed By Lieutenant Dan); The Lost Tapes; Stillmatic; Street's Disciple

2Pac (9): 2Pacalypse Now; All Eyez On Me; Better Dayz; Greatest Hits; Loyal To The Game; Me Against The World; Nu-Mixx Klazzics; Until The End Of Time; Still I Rise

Do Or Die (8): Back 2 The Game; D.O.D; Headz Or Tailz; Picture This; Picture This (Screwed & Chopped-A-Lot); Pimpin' Aint Dead; Pimpin' Aint Dead (Screwed & Chopped-A-Lot); Victory
« Last Edit: August 27, 2005, 03:48:15 PM by bdjac »
AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake

Trauma-san

« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2005, 05:58:44 PM »
I would say the Beatles.  I've got

Please Please Me
With The Beatles
Hard Day's Night
Help
Sgt. Pepper's
Revolver
Rubber Soul
White Album
Magical Mystery Tour
The BBC Album
Let It Be
Abbey Road
Anthology 1
Anthology 2
Anthology 3

I've probably got another 4 or 5 Paul and John albums each, I've got about 10 McCartney LP's on Wax, I've got 2 or 3 ringo albums, and 2 or 3 Harrison albums. 

How are the BBC Sessions? I always see it, but it's got a hefty price tag. I have the albums you listed except the Anthologies, I'm not that interested in them. I've got a couple live albums too that are official but never released on CD.

I love the BBC Sessions, it's actually my favorite 'anthologyish' release they did... I dunno if you've heard any other artists' bbc sessions, but they're recordings of either the Beatles live in studio, or them... well, I think the whole CD is live in studio, some with a FEW overdubs done quickly the day they played it or whatever.  Lots of rare coverish stuff, one that sticks out in my mind is John Lennon singing lead on Smokey Robinson and the Miracles' "You've Really Got A Hold On Me".  It's arranged really well, they'll be things like the D.J. at the time (early 60's) going "That was great, now here's Paul singing lead on "Till There Was You" then in-studio talk afterwards with lots of great Beatles humour, etc.

I like practically every song on it, if you liked "Beatles For Sale", you'd LOVE the BBC Sessions.  If Beatles For Sale seems like cheap filler material, you wouldn't like the BBC Sessions.

BTW, you're missing the boat on the Anthologies, you wouldn't believe some of the stuff on there, like the alternate version of Ob La Di, Ob La Da and all the great George Harrison demos, for instance.  It also has cool unreleased (I think unreleased!) stuff like "Can't You See". 

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2005, 11:15:31 AM »
^ ye some of the versions on antholiogies are fuckin dope.

Mygla

« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2005, 03:40:55 PM »
Norwegian rock-artist Joachim Nielsen.... my biggest musical-inspiration... 10 albums...

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2005, 04:45:41 PM »
oh i almost forgot..i own about 20 somthin Frank Sinatra CDs ;D
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2005, 05:15:25 PM »
oh i almost forgot..i own about 20 somthin Frank Sinatra CDs ;D
when my dad dies im going to get about 35-40, hopefully that wont be soon :)

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2005, 05:20:51 PM »
Bone Thugs

i love men who take pictures with their booty's out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2005, 05:43:55 PM »

all of n.e.rd
" bone ( countin solo's)
" snoop
" dj quik
" e-40
" ugk
" spice 1
" mc eiht
" e.s.g
" lil flip
" t.i.

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2005, 05:45:05 PM »
i own 78% of the cash money cds

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2005, 10:08:17 PM »
forgot about that, I own a shitload of Bone albums....pretty much everything they made 2000 and earlier.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2005, 10:24:39 PM »
one that sticks out in my mind is John Lennon singing lead on Smokey Robinson and the Miracles' "You've Really Got A Hold On Me".  It's arranged really well,

I like the Beatles' version a lot, but my favourite version of "You Really Got A hold on Me" is by the Zombies, particularly when they throw in a little "Bring It On Home" into the lyrics.

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2005, 10:46:48 PM »
i have 8 jay z ones  ;D