Author Topic: The 25 Greatest MCs of All Time... 2  (Read 229 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
The 25 Greatest MCs of All Time... 2
« on: August 25, 2005, 10:13:42 PM »
2. 2Pac

Strongest Album: Makaveli - The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory

The greatest rap artist ever. Dare I even say the greatest Hip-Hop artist ever. 2Pac was what happens when you put a spoken words poet, give them lyrical skills like KRS-One and tell them to rap what's on there mind. A very smart person who read many books, 2Pac also was that rapper that was violent, crazy and just pure streets. 2Pac was what happens when you mix books with streets, with the revolutionary mind set of the Black Panthers. 2Pac's skillz were proven on his Makaveli CD, as he put out one of the most lyrical, and mind blowing CDs of all time. Lyrics alone made that CD a pure classic, as his skillz blew his enemies out the water, and he still touched on topic like White Man's World and Crazy, and at the sametime just got on that other level that no one has ever reached with Blasphamy and Hail Mary. 2Pac's career will always be seen as one of the most complex careers, as he went from someone who rapped about revolution and teenage pregnacy to rapping about Thug Life and death. 2Pac's lyrics represented something more though, he put out the pain of intercity America, as he mentioned Mexican's and other minorities in his lyrics. He spoke from his soul, and his skillz allowed him to do it in a way no one else does. More lyrical that many rappers out the westcoast, and out the east as well, 2Pac said things that many felt, and said them in a way no one else could equal. His life made people step up there game, as Strickly For My N.I.G.G.A.Z. showed that you can have songs dealing with reality, and songs like Keep Your Head Up, have songs that are positive, and still be a huge seller during the gangsta rap era. Me Against the World was something that in 1995, Hip-Hop needed in the wake of the Gangsta Rap ear. His untimely death in 1996 left a huge hole in rap, one that the west has yet to fill 9 years later. His impact was greater than any rapper in history, except for the number 1 rapper, and since 1996, no one has came along that can rock the mic like Makaveli himself, 2Pac.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The 25 Greatest MCs of All Time... 2
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 10:20:27 PM »
His unmatched delivery and his charisma and mass-appeal make him the greatest rap-related artist easily. MC-wise it's a different story, but still he's pretty much to rap what MJ is to pop.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 10:42:26 PM »
The #1 MC on this list is the only person I would put above Tupac even though Tupac is my favorite rapper. And Me Against The World is Tupac's best work IMO.

Wicked977

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 818 VALLE Bitches!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 11:35:10 PM »
Just the Right Spot for him  8)

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 12:06:12 AM »
 8)

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 12:21:22 AM »
Though I personally rate him as the GOAT, great review you wrote on him. Everything you said was on point.

I also agree that Makaveli 7 Day Theory is his greatest and best album, even if it didnt have the most impact. Quality-wise, its as close to flawless as an album can get. Beats, lyrics, concepts, everything about that album is on point. "Blasphemy".....easily one of the top 3 most mind shattering songs made in hip hop history, and one of the other two is probably "Hail Mary"  ;D

Also, as an MC, I think he gets underrated sometimes. Alot of people say his flow was mediocre, and he wasnt lyrical enough. Pac could most definatly flow though, and lyrically, he could get down too, but his message was the most important thing to him and he chose to keep it simple so not to divert the listeners attention away from WHAT he was saying....

R.I.P. Tupac Amaru Shakur, there will never be another.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 12:31:06 AM by ImmortalOne »
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 08:56:10 AM »
well, if you made a skill-wise list, he´d be far too high. If it were only about the persona itself and his significance, he´d arguably be no. 1. Overall, I say it´s the right spot and even Pac can´t fuck with no. 1 if skills are just one aspect of the whole thing

props on the list M Dogg, I agree with most of it

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2005, 10:14:33 AM »
props! cool to read  8)

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2005, 11:18:57 AM »
#1 Rakim?  ;D

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2005, 11:46:28 AM »
Perfect spot 4 Pac. Definetly one of the top 3 MC's. The thing that makes him great was his emotions on the mic and his lyric's, he wrote what he wanted and didn't care what anyone thought, all that matered was him making great music.   

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2005, 11:52:34 AM »
NO MORE WAR

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2005, 06:12:19 PM »
^^ fucc dat

or

rafsta

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2005, 07:44:15 PM »
tupac is #1 in my book.

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2005, 10:13:58 PM »
well, if you made a skill-wise list, he´d be far too high. If it were only about the persona itself and his significance, he´d arguably be no. 1. Overall, I say it´s the right spot and even Pac can´t fuck with no. 1 if skills are just one aspect of the whole thing

props on the list M Dogg, I agree with most of it
I don't know what is your definition of skill, but skill wise he definitely can arguably be no 1. If you make just one aspect of the whole thing, he definitely can fuck with no.1.
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion