Author Topic: god im missing out, hip hop shows suck, rock shows are better.  (Read 110 times)

We Fly High

haha. i dunno. hip hop shows just dont cut it anymore, theres always tons of people on stage, that dont need to be there, all the hypemen fuck up the songs. and most of hte time the rappers just rap over the vinyl being played by the DJ. and most of the time rappers arent even good performers. theres very few that have good stage presence, and ive seen a shitload of them.
but yeah just from experience, the shows with live bands are so much better. like the roots, that shit is tight as hell, i saw george clinton with the pf unk all stars, and that was just a straight up all night jam session. snoop has a band with him now too, and that makes all the difference.
but yeah anyways, i saw red hot chili peppers perform last night at the greek theater (which i have tos ay is probably the dopest venue ive ever been to), but yeah their fucking performance was amazing. i dont know all the song names, but they bring back memories of when i used to hear them on the radio when i was younger. anyways they put on an amazing show, great vocals great instruments, performances like that made me want to see more rock performances. and plus they just have that rockstar energy that rappers dont have.
are there any other bands that i should catch? im not down with any of that new rock pop bullshit. i want to see b ands that have already developed a solid foundation throughout the years, so i know they have goo dmusic.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: god im missing out, hip hop shows suck, rock shows are better.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 12:06:19 PM »
killers, muse, mars volta... 3 concerts i went to this year, all dope as shit, im also going to paul mccartney in sept and maybe white stripes

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 12:07:45 PM »
fo me hiphop < rock therefore, hip hop concerts < rock concerts

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 12:14:19 PM »
Yeah pretty much....I`m going to System of a Down in oaklond in october, and metallica in november..

and I`ve seen roots before, they are nice! I wish all hip-hop had bands like that...makes it so much more dope

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 08:25:10 PM »
I've seen George Clinton perform and he is amazing. I think every music fan needs to see him perform while he's still doing his thang. He's getting up there in years. The problem with a lot of rap shows is that too many of them decide to bring their whole crew onstage or they perform with little or no energy. I've seen plenty of good rap shows but I've seen a few that were lackluster.

Good rap peformers I've seen:
DJ Quik
The Roots
Common Sense
Tha Alkaholiks
OutKast
Jurassic 5
I've seen some nice underground shows from local artists in my area, like Lastman.

I'm not really into rock that much but any time I've seen an R&B, funk, latin, or jazz band perform, I've always enjoyed myself. There's something about the energy of hearing musicianship live, that's impossible to duplicate. I grew up in a musical household so that's something I enjoy.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

MidoriHaze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 09:23:04 PM »

Like both areas of the genres there's always good and bad performers, depends who ya see.

Some decent rock bands i've seen this year;
Queens of the Stone Age, The Hives, Bloc Party, Interpol, Green Day, Futureheads, Tim and Niel Finn (Crowded House), Young Heart Attack (texas band) + heaps of other aussie groups.

Also got Foo Fighters and Oasis at the end of the year, really looking forwards to seeing Oasis because unlike the foo's i haven't seen them before.

Non-rock performances i've seen in the past and would recommend;
Basement Jaxx, Atmosphere, Beastie Boys and Moby
"People in New York won't bug you. It's so great." - John Lennon (RIP)