Author Topic: "L.V. - How Long" Slept on!!!!!!  (Read 102 times)

40oz GRApHire

• Funk Doctor
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PS: I'm still a Buddhist :)
"L.V. - How Long" Slept on!!!!!!
« on: June 05, 2002, 07:10:21 AM »
Not many ppl know about the release of L.V.'s album "How Long"... check this out:

RELEASE DATE : 8.30.00

"Joy, pain, love, hate - a whirlpool of emotion was intrinsically ingrained into classic R&B recordings of yesteryear. Singers such as Bobby Womack, Teddy Pendergrass and Sam Cooke laid themselves open for public consumption, their trials and tribulations etched passionately into every syllable sung. In short, they defined the word Soul. Now, over two decades after their reign, an heir apparent to their legacy has emerged. His name is LV.

Best known for his spine-tingling vocal performance on Coolio's multi-platinum Grammy-winning "Gangsta's Paradise," LV's debut album for Loud Records is applicably entitled How Long. LV has lived enough lifetimes to make his album the touching, spirited collection it is. How Long cuts through the mire of current malnutritious R&B with an organic soulfulness that hasn't been heard in many years.

Helping LV realize his dream were a slew of top grade producers such as Mario Winans (Bad Boy), Kenny Smooth (Case, Changing Faces), Mark Kinchen (Kenny Lattimore) and Marc Gordon (Levert). "They all brought something different to the table," explains LV, who recorded much of the album in New York. All of the producers understood where I was coming from musically, because the singers that influenced me, people like Marvin Gaye, Leroy Hutson, Bobby Womack (the album contains a cover of the Womack classic "A Woman's Gotta Have It") also influenced them."

How Long is refreshing because of its musical and lyrical honesty, passion and depth. LV's life and music are one. "I've been through everything and am here to tell the tale, so when i sing it's from the heart and soul. I feel fortunate to have the opportunity to be able to do that." - Loud Recordz
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
40oz Graphire

Funkadelic

Re: "L.V. - How Long" Slept on!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2002, 07:45:42 AM »
I don't like the album that much. It is to commercial for me. His stuff he did with S.C.C is way better. His solo "I Am L.V" is a classic, when you ask me...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »