Author Topic: The Blacks are looting down in New Orleans........  (Read 1821 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The Blacks are looting down in New Orleans........
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2005, 08:14:42 PM »
I'm not sure what the news down south is showing but here in Canada the news is showing that a large, very large, group of blacks are stranded with out aid. It's not looting, it's survival. I'm not sure what exactly is being stolen the most but my guess is food and drink. Anyone that doesn't understand the looting is an idiot. When there is no food or water being given to you and you need it to survive then you take it. It's as simple as that. As for why the vast majority of looters are black; my guess is the whites are being given aid or have evacuated.

I still for the life of me don't know why people we're even in the city to begin with. I have a friend who has relatives in New Orleans and they knew it was coming almost week before and got out of the range of the hurricane. There is no chance in hell I would have been in that city if I were a New Orleans resident.

exactly dude, and for the assholes here that don't understand why the looters are black... the pricks like Trauma or CWalker that want to continually denigrate black people.  the reason they are all black assholes is cuz most people living there are black.  you're not gonna see white people looting, their aren't hardly any fuckin whites down there.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2005, 06:42:46 AM »
I'm not sure what the news down south is showing but here in Canada the news is showing that a large, very large, group of blacks are stranded with out aid. It's not looting, it's survival. I'm not sure what exactly is being stolen the most but my guess is food and drink. Anyone that doesn't understand the looting is an idiot. When there is no food or water being given to you and you need it to survive then you take it. It's as simple as that. As for why the vast majority of looters are black; my guess is the whites are being given aid or have evacuated.

I still for the life of me don't know why people we're even in the city to begin with. I have a friend who has relatives in New Orleans and they knew it was coming almost week before and got out of the range of the hurricane. There is no chance in hell I would have been in that city if I were a New Orleans resident.

I know, the city is like 70% black. The 28% whites probably consist mostly of the well to do, and don't need aid.
exactly dude, and for the assholes here that don't understand why the looters are black... the pricks like Trauma or CWalker that want to continually denigrate black people.  the reason they are all black assholes is cuz most people living there are black.  you're not gonna see white people looting, their aren't hardly any fuckin whites down there.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 07:55:17 AM by Shallow »

BJV

« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2005, 06:58:41 AM »
check out my signature. The media is fucking disgusting

Crown

• 'G'
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2005, 07:53:08 AM »
To them WHITE boys talkin shit.\

1. New Orleans population is MOSTLY Black, so MOST of the looter will be Black.

2. If New Orleans was White, most looter would be White.
WE DON'T TALK TO POLICE!

BJV

« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2005, 08:18:47 AM »
To them WHITE boys talkin shit.\

1. New Orleans population is MOSTLY Black, so MOST of the looter will be Black.

2. If New Orleans was White, most looter would be White.

and if New Orleans was mostly white the help wouldve came 10 times quicker too  >:(

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2005, 10:12:56 AM »
i love how all these racists white pricks are being exposed one by one....
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2005, 02:32:09 PM »

After the tsnumai hit in Asia, were the people over there looting, shooting rescuers, raping women,  etc the way they are doing in New Orleans?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2005, 02:47:09 PM »

After the tsnumai hit in Asia, were the people over there looting, shooting rescuers, raping women,  etc the way they are doing in New Orleans?

You are so right, and you do research. I wish I were more like you.

You see maybe your US news didn't bother reporting anything more than the Tsunami happening but the rest of the world saw everything. The difference is your media focuses on black looting instead of goverment incompetence.

Police dispatched to stop post-tsunami looting in Thailand; Malaysia postpones mass deportation of illegals   
Bernard Hibbitts at 10:42 AM ET

[JURIST] Authorities in Thailand have dispatched hundreds of additional police to coastal provinces hardest hit by Sunday's tsunami in an effort to stem an apparent tide of looting. Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has issued stern warnings to would-be looters, and several arrests have already been made. Well-off Western tourists killed and otherwise affected by the disaster - now said to have killed over 75,000 people, including some 2000 in Thailand - left behind many personal belongings, and hotels and resorts where they stayed are largely unoccupied at this point. AFP has more. In other law-related news from the Asian tidal wave disaster, Malaysian authorities announced Wednesday that they have agreed to a request by the Indonesian government to extend by one month an amnesty period for foreign workers illegally working in Malaysia, postponing a mass deportation that was originally scheduled after January 1. The Indonesian authorities had feared that deportations would only deepen the humanitarian crisis brought on by the deaths of over 45,000 Indonesians in the tidal wave that originated off the west coast of the Indonesian island of Sumatra. There are about a million illegals working in Malaysia at the present time, most of them Indonesian. Some 220,000 have left since the amnesty period began at the end of October. AFP has more.

Many national and international relief agencies are collecting donations for relief of the tsunami victims. USAID, the US government's foreign aid arm, has posted this list. ReliefWeb, a project of the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, is tracking tsunami-related news here. Wikipedia provides a continually-updated synopsis of events.

http://jurist.law.pitt.edu/paperchase/2004_12_29_indexarch.php

Read up some more and you'll find that there was looting in every country hit by the tsunami. Why? Because people need to survive.

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2005, 11:51:52 PM »
Some people just dont fuckin understand, if you just LOST EVERYTHING you would be looting too, its survival, you wouldnt have the same mindset if you were in that situation then now while your comfortably inside your home with a roof over your head... ::)

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2005, 12:03:28 AM »
yea i agree with these last couple posts.  i don't want to get into this in depth, but this allhiphop editorial nicely summed up my feelings:

The Media, Katrina & African Americans
Morenike Efuntade

As journalists, the number one dictum is to be unbiased, objective and accurate. It is with a heavy heart that I watch TV as the nation is in turmoil as a result of the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. What is becoming increasingly frustrating and infuriating is the biased coverage that news organizations, including the Associated Presss (AP) are presenting to the world. It is irresponsible and incorrigible to characterize the behavior of people desperately trying to survive in unimaginable circumstances to be labeled as "looters." If you have a photograph or footage of people with TV's on their backs crossing through neck high water, then it is fair to call them looters. But to say that people with bags of food, water or clothes are looters is ridiculous. It seems to me that nuances and word choices are being used to characterize an entire race. Additionally it seems that once again, black people who are the majority of the Americans suffering in New Orleans are automatically being characterized as criminals and thugs. Yes, there are a small percentage of people who are misbehaving. But the majority of people down there stuck with no resources are law-abiding, family-oriented, hard-working Americans in a dire situation--with no help in sight.

Instead of focusing on looting, why not have use some courage and journalistic integrity and focus on your journalistic duty--which is investigating and reporting the real story--the American government has failed it's citizens. Why? Is it because the majority of the people are of low-income and of color? Is there a feeling somewhere deep in the subconcious of the powers that be, that because of this, their lives are worth less? Why after four days hasn't more transportation from all over the country been sent to evacuate these citizens? To feed them? To save them? Why are people only being sent to Houston when there are 49 other states and millions of people willing to physically help? Why won't they let private citizens in to help if they're not going to?

By tomorrow--I fear that thousands of people will be dead of hunger and dehydration. Then America will truly have a riot on their hands. Why not use your power as media to initiate change instead of denigrating a people that are already down? (Think Woodward & Bernstein) You can help change things before it's too late.

I'm tired of this--and so are the American people. We deserve answers, we deserve journalists that fairly cover our community instead of constantly labeling them. In the 1970s, my mother was at the AP as a reporter and was discriminated against and vilified because she was black. She sued the AP and won--opening the door for intern and editorial programs specifically for minorities and women! As a trained journalist I too have experienced bias in the newsroom--the double standard that black journalists can't cover objectively because we are biased, or simply that we're not cut out to be journalists. And most of you guys think you're liberals--but the reality is that even in 2005 the same bias continue to frame your work. It is simply disgusting. Don't pretend to be an objective and unbiased news providing organization if you can't really achieve that.

MSNBC seems to be the only news organization that is covering this from an honest point of view--from a human point of view. This is not about race, except for the human race, and it is heartbreaking, disappointing and utterly disheartening to think that this is how America treats its own citizens. It is not about why people didn't leave--at this point it's about how do we get them out. That should be the number one priority of the government and THEN they can focus on the pipelines and the flooding.

So now I say, if there was anytime to be SUBJECTIVE and emotional as reporters--the time is now. You should be angry as U.S. citizens that our country and our leaders--who have put so much money into the military and into protecting America and the world is behaving like the Keystone cops, unable to properly organize the rescue of thousands of people in their own country. This is the essence of what Homeland security should be--and yet you tip toe around the issues when this comes up. If you don't do your jobs, the American people are going to. We are going to march and protest until somebody saves those people. Even if we have to march in front of the White House or down to New Orleans ourselves.

I implore you to skip the melodrama and the hype, to put aside whatever prejudices you may have--to even acknowledge that you may be slanting stories because of bias you may not even be aware you have-- and report the real story. Take these officials to task, don't let them off the hook in the interviews until you have real answers about a plan of action---make them accountable, and use your power to help evoke immediate change.

This could happen to any of us, put yourselves in the survivor's shoes--you wouldn't want to be in them, and they shouldn't be in that situation now.

Signed sincerely,
Morenike Efuntade
An Activist and concerned & pissed off U.S. citizen

hotdamn

« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2005, 12:25:11 AM »
^ That's a dope article.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2005, 03:16:51 AM »
hating ppl for looting isnt racist, he just always pulls the race card which ppl dislike.

Thank you. They just don't like the fact that I stated the obvious: that all the looters are black.

youre a fuckin idiot. From the few little clips on the news youve seen....you assume. This is why the rest of the world thinks we're completely ignorant in America. In case you havent been watching, about 90% of the people on the tv screens have been black...looting, or not. Almost all the people stuck outside the convention center...black. Most of the people theyve shown being rescued from the roofs of their houses...black. In a dissaster like this, there is bound to be looting. When everyone you see on the screen is black...who else is going to be looting? lol. If the whole screen was white...youd see white people looting. If you were stuck out there with your children. You had no food, no water, only the clothes on your back, with no real end in sight and your children were starving...would u take food from a grocery store, or just let your children die?

Sikotic™

« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2005, 11:17:12 AM »
It takes a really simple minded person to not understand why only the black are looting. This thread is just comedy.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Wicked977

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 818 VALLE Bitches!!!
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2005, 11:31:14 PM »
fuck it id jack some shit too its the mexican in me what can i say?

Road Runna

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2005, 12:52:35 PM »
I'm white as my buttochs...
And i would rob the fuck outta those stores too!..
Fit for survival... But i'll give some to the people too tired to rob themselve's
2005 Robin Hood:p
The criminul angel lol