Author Topic: Germany To U.S.: Cut Emissions or Face Disaster (It came true)  (Read 330 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
Re: Germany To U.S.: Cut Emissions or Face Disaster (It came true)
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2005, 04:18:29 AM »
OH, I get it!  Bush caused the Hurricane.  You are fucking pathetic.  There's people dead over here and you see it as political. 
glodal warming is why the frequency of natural disasters is increasing and so is the scale of damage they cause. and its not just that now more than 2 million homes in uk are prone to flooding this has only happenned in recent years so go figure

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2005, 08:01:55 AM »
OH, I get it!  Bush caused the Hurricane.  You are fucking pathetic.  There's people dead over here and you see it as political. 
glodal warming is why the frequency of natural disasters is increasing and so is the scale of damage they cause. and its not just that now more than 2 million homes in uk are prone to flooding this has only happenned in recent years so go figure

People like Trauma just don't want to feel responsible for anything that's fucked up in the world. When something bad like 9/11 happens, it can't be that the US policies might have created a motive for terrorists doing something like this or that the US didnt enough to prevent such an attack. When New Orleans gets flooded the fuck out it can't be that people fucked around with nature too much, because "humans could *NEVER do ANYthing to have an influence on nature, that's insanity." so it must be God doing random stuff for no reason but being the naughty motherfucker He is. Fucking super.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 08:03:40 AM by 7even the Opinion Maker »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2005, 08:18:37 AM »
I would like to bring something to everyone's attention. I was just checking out the Farmers Almanac and I found something kind of interesting.

September 2005
1st-3rd. Fair. 4th-7th. Windy New Mexico. Scattered showers Texas east, then fair. 8th-11th. Severe thunderstorms Southern Rockies and Southern Plains; tornadoes possible. 12th-15th. Clearing, pleasant, except hurricane threat Texas and Louisiana coasts, then fair. 16th-19th. Turning unsettled, showers northern New Mexico and Southern Plains, then fair. 20th-23rd. Fair, then scattered showers and a few thunderstorms. 24th-27th. Windy, locally heavy showers New Mexico and Texas. Showery, thundery Louisiana, Arkansas. 28th-30th. Fair and unseasonably chilly.
http://www.farmersalmanac.com/weather/uszone5.html

So by simple deduction from a couple hundred years of recording weather patterns, someone actually predicted a hurricane would occur even though it is about 3 weeks off. There is global warming happening, but if someone can look at previous years and see a pattern, it can't be that bad. It just so happened that the hurricane was devastating. Especially when all of New Orleans is lower than sea level, I believe what happened was inevitable. Emissions should definately be reduced, but I think a few of yall are freaking out about it like we're all going to die in the next 10 years from it.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 09:14:22 AM by $ »

Woodrow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2005, 11:37:12 AM »
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/pastdec.shtml

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2005, 05:14:11 PM »

Emissions should definately be reduced, but I think a few of yall are freaking out about it like we're all going to die in the next 10 years from it.

Jome

« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2005, 06:36:52 AM »

Yeah, that's until 2004.
But when was the last time a hurricane flooded/ruined a whole city like Katrina in New Orleans ??
And what about worldwide statistics..

This is also interesting:
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/pastcost.shtml
The 11 most expensive hurricanes all occured in the 90's/00's. 4 of top 6 happened in 2004.
Expect Katrina to top this list.

Jome

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2005, 06:35:15 AM »
Increasing destructiveness of tropical cyclones over the past 30 years

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v436/n7051/abs/nature03906.html

This trend is due to both longer storm lifetimes and greater storm intensities. I find that the record of net hurricane power dissipation is highly correlated with tropical sea surface temperature, reflecting well-documented climate signals, including multi-decadal oscillations in the North Atlantic and North Pacific, and global warming. My results suggest that future warming may lead to an upward trend in tropical cyclone destructive potential, and—taking into account an increasing coastal population—a substantial increase in hurricane-related losses in the twenty-first century.

:-\

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2005, 06:49:43 AM »
^cmon now. every european school kid knows those things are related.. I guess in America they don't teach it for a reason.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin