Author Topic: Germany To U.S.: Cut Emissions or Face Disaster (It came true)  (Read 596 times)

Jome

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,1184469,00.html

Article is dated 2004, zee Germans saw this one coming.. and it may happen again.

Trittin: We want to save the U.S.

If the U.S. does not take action to reduce its emissions, Trittin warned, parts of the East Coast and nature reserves like the Everglades in Florida could be covered with water in several decades due to the melting of glaciers, which threaten to the sea level worldwide.

"We, from the other side, want to save these areas of the U.S.," Trittin said. "We love the Everglades, for example. And this is the reason why we think the Kyoto Protocol must enter into force."

Trittin read out a laundry list of celluloid nightmares of global warming, from Kevin Costner's "Waterworld" to Roland Emmerich's latest movie, which depicts the Earth falling into an overnight ice age as a result of global warming.

"We have a challenge," he said. "The challenge is that the reality of 'The Day After Tomorrow' should not become reality, the picture should not become reality. Therefore, the next 15 years are key for preventing polar ice caps from melting. And this is the reason why we think the Kyoto Protocol must enter into force."

The same Jürgen Trittin recently told German TV-station ZDF: "Americans have themselves to blame. Germany have reduced emissions with 18.5% since 1990, but in U.S., emissions are rising and rising. It shows on the environment."

According to Trittin, the average American is responsible for 2.5 times as much emissions as the average European, and he is very skeptical to George Bush for declining the Kyoto Protocol, and says it will most likely happen again.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Germany To U.S.: Cut Emissions or Face Disaster (It came true)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 07:43:42 AM »
It's not the first time. We warned them before 9/11, we still warn them about stuff now and then, and in a couple years there will be the consequences we predicted. Right now we try to cut atomic energy and work on using wind energy and shit, we might see somebody crying in 50 years because they didnt.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

mauzip

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 08:16:30 AM »
Right now we try to cut atomic energy and work on using wind energy and shit

Yeah, Germany is unique in that.

mauzip

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 08:21:07 AM »
OH, I get it!  Bush caused the Hurricane.  You are fucking pathetic.  There's people dead over here and you see it as political. 

The point is that the US has been warned about this and didn't do anything with the information.

Jome

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 08:21:32 AM »
OH, I get it! Bush caused the Hurricane. You are fucking pathetic. There's people dead over here and you see it as political.

^^ Who are you referring to ?

Woodrow

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 09:08:30 AM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/30/national/30cycle.html?ei=5065&en=9e0e24b0c5ee1d90&ex=1125979200&partner=MYWAY&pagewanted=print

Storms Vary With Cycles, Experts Say
By KENNETH CHANG
Because hurricanes form over warm ocean water, it is easy to assume that the recent rise in their number and ferocity is because of global warming.

But that is not the case, scientists say. Instead, the severity of hurricane seasons changes with cycles of temperatures of several decades in the Atlantic Ocean. The recent onslaught "is very much natural," said William M. Gray, a professor of atmospheric science at Colorado State University who issues forecasts for the hurricane season.

From 1970 to 1994, the Atlantic was relatively quiet, with no more than three major hurricanes in any year and none at all in three of those years. Cooler water in the North Atlantic strengthened wind shear, which tends to tear storms apart before they turn into hurricanes.

In 1995, hurricane patterns reverted to the active mode of the 1950's and 60's. From 1995 to 2003, 32 major hurricanes, with sustained winds of 111 miles per hour or greater, stormed across the Atlantic. It was chance, Dr. Gray said, that only three of them struck the United States at full strength.

Historically, the rate has been 1 in 3.

Then last year, three major hurricanes, half of the six that formed during the season, hit the United States. A fourth, Frances, weakened before striking Florida.

"We were very lucky in that eight-year period, and the luck just ran out," Dr. Gray said.

Global warming may eventually intensify hurricanes somewhat, though different climate models disagree.

In an article this month in the journal Nature, Kerry A. Emanuel, a hurricane expert at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, wrote that global warming might have already had some effect. The total power dissipated by tropical cyclones in the North Atlantic and North Pacific increased 70 to 80 percent in the last 30 years, he wrote.

But even that seemingly large jump is not what has been pushing the hurricanes of the last two years, Dr. Emanuel said, adding, "What we see in the Atlantic is mostly the natural swing."

DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2005, 09:15:42 AM »
^So why did God do this? Any thoughts?  ::)
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Jome

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2005, 09:20:29 AM »
There is no fucking way mankind is even remotely powerful enough to affect the weather on a catastrophic scale, that's insanity. 

LOL

Woodrow

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2005, 09:24:03 AM »
Yes yes, ignore my article...

Woodrow

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2005, 09:25:26 AM »
I just went back and read your article, and they're talking about rising sea levels, not hurricanes you moron.

Jome

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2005, 09:35:38 AM »
I just went back and read your article, and they're talking about rising sea levels, not hurricanes you moron.

Yeah, cuz we all know that global warming doesn't effect storms, hurricanes, floods, rising sea levels etc. right ?? ::)
The point in fact, was that the German minister said a disaster would happen, and it did, even if it wasn't 100% on point.
Of course you will find experts with lots of different theses, but you will find more experts supporting global warming than "happens from time to time" or Trauma's "It's GOD!".

I see you corrected the grammar in your picture, good work.

Jome

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2005, 09:37:23 AM »
You chew on this one, go Google it for further info:

global warming
n.
An increase in the average temperature of the earth's atmosphere, especially a sustained increase sufficient to cause climatic change.

Climatic change!

Woodrow

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2005, 09:41:26 AM »
East Coast and nature reserves like the Everglades in Florida could be covered with water in several decades due to the melting of glaciers, which threaten to the sea level worldwide.

which depicts the Earth falling into an overnight ice age as a result of global warming.

preventing polar ice caps from melting.
HAHAHAHAHAHA

I don't even know where to begin with your asinine logic... This guy comes out with an article warning about the melting polar ice caps. A hurricane brought about flooding. Please show me how the two are connected.

Stick to what you know: Taxi cabs.

Jome

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2005, 09:49:37 AM »
East Coast and nature reserves like the Everglades in Florida could be covered with water in several decades due to the melting of glaciers, which threaten to the sea level worldwide.

which depicts the Earth falling into an overnight ice age as a result of global warming.

preventing polar ice caps from melting.
HAHAHAHAHAHA

I don't even know where to begin with your asinine logic... This guy comes out with an article warning about the melting polar ice caps. A hurricane brought about flooding. Please show me how the two are connected.

Stick to what you know: Taxi cabs.

To your info, I didn't write the article and neither was I quoted in it, good job Sherlock.
You never learned about global warming in school, and you don't think ice melting will nor can affect the global weather ?

You think it's just "natural cycles" that causes all these nature disasters lately ??  :D
The climate is changing pretty fast, and you're obviously clueless to why.

OR wait, is it god ?!??  ;D

Woodrow

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2005, 09:52:42 AM »
Pick an argument and stick with it.

You initially came out saying the floods were caused by ice caps melting.

Now you're saying its climate change?

All this shit is really just semantics and shows was a creep you really are. Instead of having compassion like a regular person, you feel the need to place blame on the victims. Good one.