Author Topic: Germany To U.S.: Cut Emissions or Face Disaster (It came true)  (Read 583 times)

Jome

Re: Germany To U.S.: Cut Emissions or Face Disaster (It came true)
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2005, 10:04:18 AM »
Pick an argument and stick with it.

You initially came out saying the floods were caused by ice caps melting.

Now you're saying its climate change?

All this shit is really just semantics and shows was a creep you really are. Instead of having compassion like a regular person, you feel the need to place blame on the victims. Good one.

Climate change is caused by GLOBAL WARMING (raised temperature), and GLOBAL WARMING will melt ice caps (already have), which eventually will lead to raised sea levels, it will upset the climates natural ways, and will eventually cause disasters like cities/countries being FLOODED, it will cause STORMS & HURRICANES/CYCLONES on a regular unpredictable basis, the atmospheric disturbance will make the weather/climate very unpredictable, and the recent disasters shows it.

Is Global Warming just a fairytale to you ?
I'm not saying the New Orleans disaster is neccessarily caused by Global Warming, but doesn't this stuff happen a little too often Engel ?

Woodrow

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2005, 10:14:48 AM »
Climate change is caused by GLOBAL WARMING (raised temperature), and GLOBAL WARMING will melt ice caps (already have), which eventually will lead to raised sea levels, it will upset the climates natural ways, and will eventually cause disasters like cities/countries being FLOODED, it will cause STORMS & HURRICANES/CYCLONES on a regular unpredictable basis, the atmospheric disturbance will make the weather/climate very unpredictable, and the recent disasters shows it.
Thats all fine and dandy... Why didn't you post up an article showing that? All I see is bullshit about ice caps melting and causing flooding. You have shown NOTHING to back up your statements.

I'm not saying the New Orleans disaster is neccessarily caused by Global Warming,
Check the title of the thread moron.

but doesn't this stuff happen a little too often Engel
Yep! You're right. There were no hurricanes before the industrial revolution!!! You've been alive for what? 14, 15 years? How do you know what's "A little too often"?? Are you a climatologist? A meteorologist? A college graduate? A storm chaser? None of the above? Great. Then you have no room to lecture people on climate change, epecially because you drive a taxi cab. You pollute MUCH more than the average person.

Jome

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2005, 10:24:41 AM »
Thats all fine and dandy... Why didn't you post up an article showing that? All I see is bullshit about ice caps melting and causing flooding. You have shown NOTHING to back up your statements.

You and your Google links, didn't you learn this shit in SCHOOL !?!?!? ???
I asked you before, but I got no answer, so I assume you have no idea what Global Warming means.

Check the title of the thread moron.

Not NECESSARILY, but it may be a huge part of it.

Yep! You're right. There were no hurricanes before the industrial revolution!!! You've been alive for what? 14, 15 years? How do you know what's "A little too often"?? Are you a climatologist? A meteorologist? A college graduate? A storm chaser? None of the above? Great. Then you have no room to lecture people on climate change, epecially because you drive a taxi cab. You pollute MUCH more than the average person.

24 years, if you may wonder. College, yes.
Storm chaser/Climatologist/meteorologist, no. I assume you're neither either, Google links doesn't count!
Polluting more than the average person maybe, but not more than the average American.  :wavey:

Jome

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2005, 11:10:45 AM »

The very first result in a simple Google search, common knowledge, even in 1996:

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/1848/global.html

THE EFFECTS OF GLOBAL WARMING
"Global warming will be the greatest environmental challenge in the 21st century."
- Vice President, Albert Gore.

One of the most current and widely discussed factor which could lead to the ultimate end of existence of Earth and man is global warming and its devastating effects. Scientists have asked how fast the Earth is heating up, and how the warming effects on Earth may effect crops and climatic conditions. Several current trends clearly demonstrate that global warming is directly impacting on; rising sea levels, the melting of icecaps, and significant worldwide climatic changes..

When many people think of global warming, their first concern is the possible rise of sea levels. With a large number of the world's cities in coastal areas, this is a significant problem. There are two major causes of rising sea levels. First, extra water is produced when ice melts. Secondly, the natural expansion of sea water as it becomes warmer. The range of sea ice around both poles continues to shrink, as it melts. Even with the level of greenhouse gases present today, the earth may warm enough in the next 50 years or so to completely melt the sea ice located on the poles.

Damage from rising seas is very diverse. Buildings and roads close to the water could be flooded and they could suffer damage from hurricanes and tropical storms. "There are good physical reasons to suggest that more intense storms (hurricanes) could result from global warming." Warmer oceans cause more intense storms. Experts believe that global warming could increase the intensity of hurricanes by over 50 percent. Hurricane Andrew's devastation in 1992 set new records. According to the National Hurricane Center in Miami, the 1990 season was the most active year on their records for combined Atlantic and Pacific hurricanes. Damage caused by future hurricanes to populated areas will be more severe since higher sea levels are predicted for the next century. In addition, as the sea rises, beach erosion takes place, particularly on steep banks. Wetlands are lost as sea levels rise. Another serious problem is the threat of salt water intruding into underground fresh water reserves in coastal areas.

Like I said earlier, floods, hurricanes/cyclones, storms, sea level rising, + I forgot the salt water being mixed with fresh water part, etc.
I learned it in school, I don't really need links to back me up.

Woodrow

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2005, 11:25:38 AM »
LMAO!!!!!

GEOCITIES!!!!!!!!!!

Jome

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2005, 11:30:49 AM »

hempside

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2005, 12:13:33 PM »
East Coast and nature reserves like the Everglades in Florida could be covered with water in several decades due to the melting of glaciers, which threaten to the sea level worldwide.

which depicts the Earth falling into an overnight ice age as a result of global warming.

preventing polar ice caps from melting.
typical none spirital GERMAN...why germans think they know every fucking thing.I understand what your trying to say,but that was real direspectful about oh!it was god...thats the reason why fucking GERMANY is HEX for life.yall muthafuckas are souless.only thing yall want to do is drink,sing bullshit songs together,,and complane......go take a holiday or something bitch. :psych:
HAHAHAHAHAHA

I don't even know where to begin with your asinine logic... This guy comes out with an article warning about the melting polar ice caps. A hurricane brought about flooding. Please show me how the two are connected.

Stick to what you know: Taxi cabs.

To your info, I didn't write the article and neither was I quoted in it, good job Sherlock.
You never learned about global warming in school, and you don't think ice melting will nor can affect the global weather ?

You think it's just "natural cycles" that causes all these nature disasters lately ??  :D
The climate is changing pretty fast, and you're obviously clueless to why.

OR wait, is it god ?!??  ;D

heyheyhey smoke weed everyday.

hotdamn

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2005, 02:27:50 PM »
Yes yes, ignore my article...

LMFAOOOOOOO CLASSIC

Woodrow

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2005, 02:10:56 AM »
i know this is very random, but i remember reading that if the U.S. Engergy companies would spend 1 year's profits to make solar batteries, they could supply every roof in the United States with these batteries, which would produce about as much energy is being used
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2005, 04:18:29 AM »
OH, I get it!  Bush caused the Hurricane.  You are fucking pathetic.  There's people dead over here and you see it as political. 
glodal warming is why the frequency of natural disasters is increasing and so is the scale of damage they cause. and its not just that now more than 2 million homes in uk are prone to flooding this has only happenned in recent years so go figure

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2005, 08:01:55 AM »
OH, I get it!  Bush caused the Hurricane.  You are fucking pathetic.  There's people dead over here and you see it as political. 
glodal warming is why the frequency of natural disasters is increasing and so is the scale of damage they cause. and its not just that now more than 2 million homes in uk are prone to flooding this has only happenned in recent years so go figure

People like Trauma just don't want to feel responsible for anything that's fucked up in the world. When something bad like 9/11 happens, it can't be that the US policies might have created a motive for terrorists doing something like this or that the US didnt enough to prevent such an attack. When New Orleans gets flooded the fuck out it can't be that people fucked around with nature too much, because "humans could *NEVER do ANYthing to have an influence on nature, that's insanity." so it must be God doing random stuff for no reason but being the naughty motherfucker He is. Fucking super.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 08:03:40 AM by 7even the Opinion Maker »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2005, 08:18:37 AM »
I would like to bring something to everyone's attention. I was just checking out the Farmers Almanac and I found something kind of interesting.

September 2005
1st-3rd. Fair. 4th-7th. Windy New Mexico. Scattered showers Texas east, then fair. 8th-11th. Severe thunderstorms Southern Rockies and Southern Plains; tornadoes possible. 12th-15th. Clearing, pleasant, except hurricane threat Texas and Louisiana coasts, then fair. 16th-19th. Turning unsettled, showers northern New Mexico and Southern Plains, then fair. 20th-23rd. Fair, then scattered showers and a few thunderstorms. 24th-27th. Windy, locally heavy showers New Mexico and Texas. Showery, thundery Louisiana, Arkansas. 28th-30th. Fair and unseasonably chilly.
http://www.farmersalmanac.com/weather/uszone5.html

So by simple deduction from a couple hundred years of recording weather patterns, someone actually predicted a hurricane would occur even though it is about 3 weeks off. There is global warming happening, but if someone can look at previous years and see a pattern, it can't be that bad. It just so happened that the hurricane was devastating. Especially when all of New Orleans is lower than sea level, I believe what happened was inevitable. Emissions should definately be reduced, but I think a few of yall are freaking out about it like we're all going to die in the next 10 years from it.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 09:14:22 AM by $ »

Woodrow

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2005, 11:37:12 AM »
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/pastdec.shtml

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2005, 05:14:11 PM »
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/pastdec.shtml

Emissions should definately be reduced, but I think a few of yall are freaking out about it like we're all going to die in the next 10 years from it.