Author Topic: Tha Dogg Pound On G-Unit? What would the FANS think?  (Read 1854 times)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Re: Tha Dogg Pound On G-Unit? What would the FANS think?
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2005, 08:46:35 PM »
Kurupt & Daz if u are Watching...Why Not having a DPGC album On Def Jam Or SoSO Def?

1.why a DPGC album instead of DPG? well Snoop & Nate Would be on it wich would give it a commercial appeal and it would bring Lady of Rage , Soopafly & Warren G in the Spotlight
2.why On Def Jam? well Jay Z would let the in-house producers do them thang and give good promotion
3.why On SoSo Def? Jermaine Dupri Knows how to make good records so im sure he would be blessed to work on this project wich could do way better than a Daz Solo

DrewDogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Veni Vidi Vici / v3 /
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2005, 08:58:58 PM »
I'm all for it man. This would garner some much needed exposure for Daz and Kurupt. it'd gain them a younger generation of fans and increase sales undoubtedly. The opinions of some of the people on here don't neccessarily reflect those of the mainstream. and we all know the mainstream are bandwagoners. Though, i don't think there's anything wrong this time, with people becoming fans or looking into DPG because of their g-unit affiliation. Success-wise, i think this would be a positive move for tha dogg pound in the near future and the long run. If they drop on G-unit, they're bound to get decent sales, and this success would encourage these 2 to do more music. Also the perks of higher production values, music videos with actual play, and basically having that g-unit machine behind them. I don't Daz and Kurupt, ever got an interview on 106 and park. If they got with g-unit, that kinda of exposure would be for sure. if you ignore the possible beefs, ignore your dislike of 50 cent and company, and look at the potential for good music and the future of daz and kurupt's career, g-unit is the place to be. I like Kurupt going to G-unit for money better than him joining up with Death Row for money and creating tension with his entire dpg family. Honestly, I think Daz and Kurupt should consider themselves lucky for an oppourtuniy to work with G-unit. Cause I had a hard time thinking anyone would want them, but having a successful label willing to bring them on? I wouldn't pass on that. Would you?

« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 09:02:10 PM by DrewDogg »

EFFeX

« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2005, 09:16:34 PM »
I had to sign up for these forums specifically for this thread right here... absolutely not!

I think that would make me lose total respect for the Dogg Pound completely. They DO NOT need G-Unit, they are at the point in their careers where they are legends and need to be making music for themselves and their die hard fans... NOT these little groupie MTV children. It would be largely hipocritical on their part too... Hearing Kurupt yell "G Unit" marks the death of the originals.

EastsideLBC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2005, 09:35:59 PM »
ha ha

remember this

www.dpgunit.com

Yea, that was back when Kurupt was still kickin' it wit Tha Row. Around the same time that P.I.M.P (remix) came out. Snoop and Daz was talkin' bout doin' a album wit 50, Buck and Banks. A DPG-Unit release. 

The way I feel about it is it would be hypocritical especially for Daz cause he always talks bout how he dont need a big label to sell his records. He can do his shit independent, make his paper and stay real to his fans.

I also feel that if the album was dropped on G-Unit there would be no way that 50 would not let it known that it was a G-Unit album. That shit would have them screamin' G-Unit all over it. Cause why would u even sign to G-Unit if u didnt want the "G-Unit groupies" to know that u down wit G-Unit so they would buy ur album. If it was a G-Unit records album then it also would not be str8 westcoast. 50 would make it a west/east coast album, which is not what DPG needs.

I wouldnt hate on a DPG album released on G-Unit tho, there were still be some hot tracks but I would rather see a str8 DPG album keepin' it (Dogg Pound) gangsta.

Jome

« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2005, 09:53:20 PM »
Are you kidding?! This would not only be HUGE for Daz and Kurupt, but HUGE for the West Coast!!!!!

I say go for it!!! I'd LOVE to see this happen; anybody who disagrees doesn't want the west to be back on top IMO. Like J said, creative control, get their cash, and make good songs (when haven't they?) It's a no brain-er. Plus it'll be fun to see Jome's reaction.

Why would it be fun to see Jome's reaction ???

I'd like to see Kurupt release some dope shit again, but I kinda gave up on Daz, and if they signed to G-G-G, they couldn't release a new album before Mobb Deep, Buck, Banks, and probably a new G-Unit album, so you don't need to get that excited yet, if it happens, they ain't gonna release a album this year, and probably not in 2006.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2005, 10:01:49 PM »
I just want Them to Drop Good music All together whatever the label they r on...but on the real if u think about it, they wouldnt be releasing an album now...since Ma$e, Mobb Deep, MOP,Soundtrack,Loyd Banks,Young Buck gotta drop first

EastsideLBC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2005, 10:10:17 PM »
Yea, but didnt some1 say that the album is complete or almost complete. So if it is complete couldnt they just put a release date for a G-Unit records album!?  If that was the case then maybe it wouldnt a bad decision after all. It would be a full westcoast album with Daz and Kurupt's full input instead of just what 50 wanted to hear from them on an album.

tonyscarbones

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2005, 10:36:14 PM »
fuck g-unit

i can't stand those fucks

i would love to beat the shit outta them one by one until they can't rap another line and destroy any leftover vocals so no remixed albums would come out

DPG should sign to AFTERMATH!!!

Hittman2001

« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2005, 10:37:03 PM »
It wont make a difference whether or not they are on G Unit, i dont think they will sell well regardless.

J2K

« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2005, 11:12:12 PM »
Dpg on G-Unit ? Hell No..... they wouldnt be dropping an album for a loooooooooong time , and i hate g-unit.

Benzo187

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2005, 11:33:42 PM »
Indeed I signed up as well for this thread alone. Some of you catz are taking this thread too deep but I will input my cents on this by being a DPG fan.

I say making SOME money with COMPLETE control is > then signing to major without it AND running the risk of not selling (which shouldnt be the case) unless alot more people feel like the majority of you guys on this thread. Its safe to say the majority wouldnt like it. So whats worse DPG making their own shit with complete control, or signing to G-unit disappointing their fans and wasting not only their time and money but G-Units as well. That would only make them look worse on a broader scale.

Fact is I just want the DPGC back to making these bangers, i wouldnt like to see them sign but like another fella posted before me, i'll buy it anyway and give it a chance. They g

WestCoasta

« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2005, 11:38:23 PM »
fuuuuuuck this whole idea, this better we one of those dumbass shits like "who's the next Aftermath artist" some stupid waste of time thread where queers debate for weeks, stop it already

*LOCKED*  :laugh: gobble 'em faggot

WestCoasta

« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2005, 11:40:08 PM »
^^^ I don't mean to be a CycoFaggg but for real, this could go on forever  ::)

wcsoldier

« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2005, 12:04:22 AM »
agree with Jome, now there are enough artists on this label, DPG wouldn't drop an album before a long time. Everybody is rumored to be sign on G Unit, I have a feeling it's gonna be an Aftermath type label, lots of artists won't released an album. Plus Interscope allows 50 to release records coz every album out sold good. With 2 flops coming , it won't be the same . Don't forget Shady/Aftermath .

FUNC88

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2005, 12:37:05 AM »
Hell no...No D.P.G on G.Unit + I Hope Kokane dont sign on that wack label and keep working with good people as Fingazz or Maybe Hutch....but definitly no REAL Westcoast artists on that Crap Label.
that nigga 50 is a virus for rap music, Return to New-York and let the Westcoast being West. How the Dogg Pound can sign with a Queens Nigga????? Gangsta Advisory Is The Shit!!