Poll

What do you all think?

It is unbiblical
6 (60%)
It is not
4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Catholisicm is unbiblical?  (Read 461 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Catholisicm is unbiblical?
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2005, 08:16:30 AM »
how is catholicism unbiblical when its the FIRST RELIGION SPANNED FROM CHRIST!! Any Other Christian Religion must be unbiblical due to the fact that it was made as a revolt against catholicism.

But it wasn't the first religion spanned from Christ. There were Christian for about 300 years before Constantine adopted it for Rome, and even the then the centre was in Constatinople in Greece (now Istanbul because the Muslims took over Greece). So many would say that it was the Orthodox that had the first official Church, and Catholism broke off from them. Many of the major parts of Catholism come from St. Benedict who wrote his code 1000 years after Christ. It's very easy to say it's unbiblical.

who give a fuck man, im a catholic but the only good thing i get from the bible is love your brothers and respect god. the old testament is nothing but bullshit. jesus #1

I don't care either way, I was just correcting E-Crazy's mistake.

conscious thug

• 'G'
  • CEO of Handsonium Institute
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2005, 02:29:00 AM »
I have a lot of problems with Catholicism, but as far as it being unbiblical...I don't know about that.

I just remember back in the 80's when the Catholic church was coming out against surrogate mothers.  Kinda good that this wasn't an issue back before Jesus was born, huh?
"If he don't walk through the front door, I don't play here."

-- Frank Sinatra

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2005, 03:10:23 AM »
whats always made me wonder is why catholics and other christians eat pork? because the old testiment clearly says its a dirty animal and should not be eaten, the muslims and jews got the right idea but christians just pick and chose what parts suit them, hence we now have gays in the clergy etc.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

conscious thug

• 'G'
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2005, 03:58:51 AM »
you weren't supposed to eat pork (as it was explained to me by a guy at a church I went to) because back then there was no way to store it.  No way to keep it from going bad, no refridgerator to keep it from spoiling and thus getting people mad sick.

That's just what I was told, take that for whatever.  Besides, there's a lot of stuff in the old testament, that doesn't necessarily go on today.  We don't sacrifice animals to God anymore, for one.

-- Frank Sinatra

mauzip

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2005, 05:37:10 AM »
you weren't supposed to eat pork (as it was explained to me by a guy at a church I went to) because back then there was no way to store it.  No way to keep it from going bad, no refridgerator to keep it from spoiling and thus getting people mad sick.

That's just what I was told, take that for whatever.  Besides, there's a lot of stuff in the old testament, that doesn't necessarily go on today.  We don't sacrifice animals to God anymore, for one.

are you and Educated Thug related?

'EclipZe

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2005, 05:44:49 AM »
^ lmao good question

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2005, 06:45:40 AM »
whats always made me wonder is why catholics and other christians eat pork? because the old testiment clearly says its a dirty animal and should not be eaten, the muslims and jews got the right idea but christians just pick and chose what parts suit them, hence we now have gays in the clergy etc.

The old testament also said to stone a woman to death if she cheats on you.

Like Thug said it was dirty back then but now people know how to slaughter and store pig meat properly. There is no more danger in eating pork now than there is in eating cow.

conscious thug

• 'G'
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2005, 12:53:55 PM »
Yeah, me and Educational Thug are like this (crossed fingers)...kinda like the Care Bears, you know?  A lot of little fucked up bears that all have the same last name (bear). lol

Man...I can't believe I just threw out a Care Bear reference on a West Coast Hip Hop Board...lol

-- Frank Sinatra

J Bananas

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2005, 01:42:36 PM »
5 o clock in the morning where u gonna be?

J Bananas

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2005, 01:42:57 PM »
OUTSIDE ON THE CORNER!!!

rafsta

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2005, 01:45:07 PM »
Yeah, me and Educational Thug are like this (crossed fingers)...kinda like the Care Bears, you know?  A lot of little fucked up bears that all have the same last name (bear). lol

Man...I can't believe I just threw out a Care Bear reference on a West Coast Hip Hop Board...lol

:-\ i cant see an educated thug being happy with that comment.

conscious thug

• 'G'
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2005, 09:04:00 PM »
yeah...you gotta point there...maybe I'm risking losing my "thug" moniker...lol

-- Frank Sinatra

conscious thug

• 'G'
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2005, 09:27:35 PM »
you know, I just found out there is a guy on here named Educational Thug....lol...I thought you were joking with that...never meant any disrespect to that guy.  I was posting in the joke forum and saw he was in there.  It suddenly hit me what you were referring to.

No, no relation to that guy.  This is the name I use on another hip hop forum, and I just carried it over.

-- Frank Sinatra