Author Topic: Falwell/Robertson: "9/11 = ACLU's fault"  (Read 125 times)

hotdamn

Falwell/Robertson: "9/11 = ACLU's fault"
« on: September 01, 2005, 08:35:06 PM »
September 13, 2001 on Pat's 700 Club TV show

Here's the actual transcript from that show.

Falwell: "What we saw on Tuesday, as terrible as it is, could be miniscule if, in fact, God continues to lift the curtain and allow the enemies of America to give us probably what we deserve."

Robertson: "Well, Jerry, that's my feeling. I think we've just seen the antechamber to terror, we haven't begun to see what they can do to the major population."

Falwell: "The ACLU has got to take a lot of blame for this. And I know I'll hear from them for this, but throwing God...successfully with the help of the federal court system...throwing God out of the public square, out of the
schools, the abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked and when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad...I really believe that the pagans and the abortionists and the feminists and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way, all of them who try to secularize America...I point the thing in their face and say you helped this happen."

Robertson: "I totally concur, and the problem is we've adopted that agenda at the highest levels of our government, and so we're responsible as a free society for what the top people do, and the top people, of course, is the court system."

Falwell: "Pat, did you notice yesterday that the ACLU and all the Christ-haters, the People for the American Way, NOW, etc., were totally disregarded by the Democrats and the Republicans in both houses of Congress, as they went out on the steps and and called out to God in prayer and sang 'God bless America' and said, let the ACLU be hanged. In other words, when the nation is on its knees, the only normal and natural and spiritual thing to do is what we ought to be doing all the time, calling on God."

---------------

LOL... fucking right-wing Christians are retarded motherfuckers.

conscious thug

• 'G'
  • CEO of Handsonium Institute
Re: Falwell/Robertson: "9/11 = ACLU's fault"
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2005, 09:09:36 PM »
unfortunately, the actions of a few reflect on many others.

Not all Christians subscribe to the beliefs of Falwell, Robertson, etc, but unfortunately a lot of people look at them as the face of Christianity, and think that as goes the talking heads, as goes the religion.

And it's not like that, though.
"If he don't walk through the front door, I don't play here."

-- Frank Sinatra

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2005, 09:33:40 PM »
A large majority of Christians I know do follow their ideals though, they're just not as blunt about it as Roberts/Falwell. Falwell/Robertson=Al-Queda extremists.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

ecrazy

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005, 10:18:24 PM »
Heard about this on the radio, funny shit....he has a whole grip of outrageous quotes just like this one too...all about anti abortion and gays and stuff, but yea, like sik said:

Falwell/Robertson=Al-Queda extremists.

ecrazy

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2005, 01:42:45 AM »
Read this, LOL
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Falwell

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Jerry_Falwell

WOW man LMAO, you get a prop. Great read, Falwell is fuckin insane hahaha.

LMAO @ Khameini's spokesperson wants him killed.

And this LOL:

In 1994, Falwell released the straight-to-video documentary "The Clinton Chronicles: An Investigation into the Alleged Criminal Activities of Bill Clinton." The description on the box read:

"For the first time on video, a documentary that puts together the whole story! -- The names and faces of the key players who Clinton used to build his Circle of Power... as well as those who got in his way and lost their jobs, reputations, virtue, and lives! From Whitewater to ADFA... From millions in drug smuggling in Mena, Arkansas, to money laundering with the BCCI... From Gennifer Flowers to Paula Jones... From Vince Foster's "suicide" to the gangland slaying of private investigator Jerry Parks.

THE CLINTON CHRONICLES uncovers the shocking truth the controlled media and Clintons don't want you to know!"

Falwell's infomercial for the 80-minute tape included footage of Falwell interviewing a silhouetted journalist who was afraid for his life. The journalist accused Clinton of orchestrating the deaths of several reporters and personal confidants who had gotten too close to his illegalities. However, it was subsequently revealed that the silhouetted journalist was, in fact, Patrick Matrisciana, the producer of the video. "Obviously, I'm not an investigative reporter," Matrisciana admitted (to investigative journalist Murray Waas), "and I doubt our lives were actually ever in any real danger. That was Jerry's idea to do that ... He thought that would be dramatic."
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE