Author Topic: Kanye West at NBC Concert - "George Bush Doesn't Care About Black People"  (Read 809 times)

Black Uhuru

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Rasta Still De bout
Re: Kanye West at NBC Concert - "George Bush Doesn't Care About Black People"
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2005, 06:14:09 AM »
Damn, Kanye lookin emotional and shit, props to him for speakin the truth

UAK

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2005, 06:41:12 AM »
It's not that simple. Most of those people were poor and didn't own cars.

Then why didn't the mayor use the busses?

They're all morons in the south Mayors, Governor, Representatives and Senators so it's up to California/New York to rescue them because everyone in DC is on vacation.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2005, 07:35:33 AM »
Props to Kanye for speaking the truth, no doubt. It kinda comes off weird, since he's out of context on the show there, but still, he spoke the truth.

Also, about the article Woodrow posted a link to:

"We've explained that this was two separate news organizations, two separate photographers and two separate occasions," said Joanna Stevens, spokeswoman for Yahoo Inc. "Once people understand that, they're no longer angry with us."

I say that's total bullshit! It doesn't matter that the pics came from different photographers and different agencies - the captions are still racist. "Black man looting, white people finding food". That's just straight up fucked up.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2005, 07:39:58 AM »
I still don't like Kanye.

I love how Mike Myers was trying to stay with the script all the while thinking "this guy is never going to be on NBC again". Kanye is still a fag I don't care how right he may or may not be.

I do think it's wrong to blame Bush's incompetence on racism. I still the think anyone (white or black) caught in the hurricane is a dumb hick who didn't bother watching the news or weather channel. I heard about it 2 or 3 days before it happened here in Canada. You can drive a long way in 3 days.

Don't give an excuse for the ignorance of the modern man. They saw the news reports, they ignored them and they got fucked for it. Even if I had to walk, I would be nowhere near that city come the hurricane. We were told a while before it happened that it was coming. The Farmer's Almanac knew months before that a hurricane was probably coming. I give no excuse to people that don't pay attention to the obvious. The problem is people in general don't bother learning about this stuff. They hear a hurricane is coming and assume it won't be that bad. Anyone, black or white, can turn on the TV and watch the news, realize how bad this is going to be, and get the fuck out of the area. It's only 500,000 people in New Orleans, there's plenty of room so long as everyone doesn't leave together in the same direction.

Back to Kanye; he said he wants to know how much he can donate, like there is a limit. I will only give him respect for saying that if he donates every dime he has. Otherwise he's just a bitch trying to get attention.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2005, 07:40:59 AM »
It's not like George Bush proved himself to be a capable President in those 5 years now did he? This is BY FAR not his only screw-up. He's just incompetent, untrustworthy and a lousy excuse of a leader.
I would understand Kanye's comment if Bush had been a super Prez until Katrina. But that isnt the case. Far from it. I don't think the situation would have been handled greatly if New Orleans was whiter.

Back to Kanye; he said he wants to know how much he can donate, like there is a limit. I will only give him respect for saying that if he donates every dime he has. Otherwise he's just a bitch trying to get attention.

true
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2005, 08:05:12 AM »
damn sikotik, that girl in your sig is niiiiiiiiiiice

UAK

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2005, 09:21:59 AM »

I love how Mike Myers was trying to stay with the script all the while thinking "this guy is never going to be on NBC again". Kanye is still a fag I don't care how right he may or may not be.

I do think it's wrong to blame Bush's incompetence on racism. I still the think anyone (white or black) caught in the hurricane is a dumb hick who didn't bother watching the news or weather channel. I heard about it 2 or 3 days before it happened here in Canada. You can drive a long way in 3 days.

Don't give an excuse for the ignorance of the modern man. They saw the news reports, they ignored them and they got fucked for it. Even if I had to walk, I would be nowhere near that city come the hurricane. We were told a while before it happened that it was coming. The Farmer's Almanac knew months before that a hurricane was probably coming. I give no excuse to people that don't pay attention to the obvious. The problem is people in general don't bother learning about this stuff. They hear a hurricane is coming and assume it won't be that bad. Anyone, black or white, can turn on the TV and watch the news, realize how bad this is going to be, and get the fuck out of the area. It's only 500,000 people in New Orleans, there's plenty of room so long as everyone doesn't leave together in the same direction.

Shallow you make everything sound easy why didn't they think of that, damn they're really dumb  ::) lets all walk out of New Orleans.

Kanye West is checking with his business manager to see how much he can write off /donate without going broke idiot.

Citizen-Y

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2005, 09:58:47 AM »
He claims to know what Bush thinks and decides to declare it out on national tv yet if someone did that to him he would be the first to bitch and moan.

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2005, 11:34:47 AM »
I really hope after all this shit is over,that us AFRICANS can really come together.and try to learn from each other,than killing,and back stabbing each other.....RESPECT TO KANYE....black people need a stand up person,point blank.we somebody to lead,and not be afraid to take that bullet...............................ps.FUCK BUSH,and racist AMERIKKKA. >:(
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2005, 02:23:09 PM »

Shallow you make everything sound easy why didn't they think of that, damn they're really dumb  ::) lets all walk out of New Orleans.

Kanye West is checking with his business manager to see how much he can write off /donate without going broke idiot.

That's your modern day mentality talking. What the fuck did the natives do way before cars? They could smell a storm in the air and they walked away from it. In this case people were fucking told in adavance that it's coming and that it was going to be real bad, but no one listened. This isn't a black or white thing, this is just people in general, particularly down south, being stupid. I garauntee that if I lived in New Orleans that I would not have been in the city when the storm hit. I have a friend (he's black) who has relatives there and they left a week before with no problems. Now unless news breaks that New Orleans news wasn't covering the story or that they weren't letting people out of the city then I'm sticking to my opinion.

reeyotch

• 'G'
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2005, 02:44:35 PM »

I totally agree with you.  The excuse that people couldn't afford transportation is a poor one.  And it's true people generally don't care.  It's their own fault.  There were warnings ahead of time.
Tupac's on the milkbox missin'

reeyotch

• 'G'
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2005, 03:12:38 PM »
I really hope after all this shit is over,that us AFRICANS can really come together.and try to learn from each other,than killing,and back stabbing each other.....RESPECT TO KANYE....black people need a stand up person,point blank.we somebody to lead,and not be afraid to take that bullet...............................ps.FUCK BUSH,and racist AMERIKKKA. >:(

why the fuck are you sayin' "fuck bush and america?"  if you hate him and this country so much, get the fuck outta here. no one's forcing your hatin' ass to stay.
Tupac's on the milkbox missin'

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2005, 03:18:15 PM »

I totally agree with you.  The excuse that people couldn't afford transportation is a poor one.  And it's true people generally don't care.  It's their own fault.  There were warnings ahead of time.

Jesus, you guys really think it's that simple, don't you? I guess none of yall have never been broke before. There are a lot of poor people in New Orleans. Are they supposed to just run out of the city or ride on horseback out of the city? Give me a break. It's one thing for a small Indian community of a few hundred to move out of an area verses millions of poor people to just move out of the city. If anyone's to blame, it would be the city or state, for not mobilizing enough resources to get them out of there. All you guys are doing is blaming the victim.

I agree with Kanye's comments, Bush doesn't give up a fuck about black people, that much is obvious, although you can argue he doesn't care about anyone but his rich buddies. Regardless, I think Kanye picked about as bad a time to speak on that as he could. We're in a dire situation here and everyone's energy needs to be focused on helping out our own citizens. There is a time and place for political statement, right now just isn't it. I give Kanye credit for helping out as much as he could, which is more than what can be said. I don't blame him for saying what he said, if it was me, I would have probably made much more opinionated statements along those lines, but he did use poor judgement. It takes attention away from the relief effort which is so critical right now.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2005, 06:59:32 PM »

Jesus, you guys really think it's that simple, don't you? I guess none of yall have never been broke before. There are a lot of poor people in New Orleans. Are they supposed to just run out of the city or ride on horseback out of the city? Give me a break. It's one thing for a small Indian community of a few hundred to move out of an area verses millions of poor people to just move out of the city. If anyone's to blame, it would be the city or state, for not mobilizing enough resources to get them out of there. All you guys are doing is blaming the victim.

I agree with Kanye's comments, Bush doesn't give up a fuck about black people, that much is obvious, although you can argue he doesn't care about anyone but his rich buddies. Regardless, I think Kanye picked about as bad a time to speak on that as he could. We're in a dire situation here and everyone's energy needs to be focused on helping out our own citizens. There is a time and place for political statement, right now just isn't it. I give Kanye credit for helping out as much as he could, which is more than what can be said. I don't blame him for saying what he said, if it was me, I would have probably made much more opinionated statements along those lines, but he did use poor judgement. It takes attention away from the relief effort which is so critical right now.

Where are you getting millions? New Orleans only has about half a million people and when Hurricane Ivan hit not too long ago there was only 80,000 people who supposedly had "no way" of leaving the city. Unless the population has increased a hundred times over in the course of a year I suppose it was about 80,000 people this year as well. No one is saying all 80,000 have to move together at once. If I knew the week before it was coming I'd have gathered my family and close friends and moved together. Move in small tribes and you'll make it okay. The problem is that society is so dependant that they don't know how to do shit anymore.

Now let me touch on the race issue. New Orleans is a black city. 70% black. Black cops. Black mayor. The poverty is about 30%, and lets for argument's sake say that all of the 30% is black (even though there are poor whites there). That would still mean that 37% of the blacks live above the poverty line, meanign there are more blacks above the poverty line then there are whites. In Toronto we have many different races, and they don't get many handouts. What they do is band together and and build themselves up. Why couldn't New Orleans do this? And don't give me that psychological "we're looked at as slaves" crap. The Japanese in Canada were treated like shit for years and even put in concentration camps during WW2. So did the Chinese because the whites couldn't tell the difference sometimes. Even in Toronto the only race that hasn't helped themselves lift out of poverty is the black race. I'm not trying to sound racist but if the Japanese do it with bigtime political help, the Chinese do it, the Italians, the Greeks. Can someone tell me why the blacks can't? And I don't want to hear psychology or because they are inferior (Walker).

BuddenzNasir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2005, 09:21:59 PM »
Shallow its official...lmao you're a dumb fuck......while your at it run for president...you are clearly smart enough for the job. Cuz apperently everything is common sense when it comes to solving problems like this....No doubt tho i agree some of those people were just lazy and like fuck wit we will ride it out but what bout the ones who couldnt be helped? "Wut did people do before cars, blah blah" so ez right...ur right...so ez.

Fuck America and Fuck bush....that wuz funny...its america ur entitled to ur opinion n freedom of speech.......why should he leave? When he means america im sure its the government and what it NOW stand for. But people can still live life outside of that. =] i hate the government n bush...but my life is still ok so i think i'll stay.

and for what Kanye said....necassary or not...str8 up raw n funny.....i wont get into wrong or right for this one...i dont care...i jus found it funny. Cuz he it wuz random and the look on his face wuz great. And dont get on his ass for a question like "how much can i donate"...thats like someone asking What can i do to help....and them saying u can fuckin do anything to help u dumb ass.....cmon...everyone tries to make shit look so ez and yet u dont see theres more to these issues...

wtf did i say? i dunno im tired.