Author Topic: LOCKED IN NEW ORLEANS!!! ALMOST AS WORSE AS THE HURRICANE  (Read 177 times)

ecrazy

LOCKED IN NEW ORLEANS!!! ALMOST AS WORSE AS THE HURRICANE
« on: September 05, 2005, 03:32:34 PM »
http://movies.crooksandliars.com/Hannity-Colmes-Smith-Rivera-freak-in-NO.wmv

IN KATRINA'S WAKE
Sobbing Geraldo:
Let the people go!

Rivera, Shep Smith make emotional pleas as survivors 'trapped' at convention center

Posted: September 2, 2005
11:55 p.m. Eastern
WorldNetDaily.com

Emotions are running high in the aftermath of catastrophic Hurricane Katrina, not only among the survivors, but also among the media covering the New Orleans Convention Center, considered ground zero for post-storm squalor and mayhem.

Fox News reporter Geraldo Rivera was filled with tears in his eyes and his voice fluttered with sorrow as he made an on-air plea to authorities to allow the estimated 30,000 storm victims at the center to be allowed to move to a safer, cleaner area.

"Let them walk out of here, let them walk the hell out of here!" Rivera sobbed. "Walk to some other town. Walk someplace where you can help 'em. ... These people in the same clothes, where do you think they go to the bathroom? They don't wash their hands, they don't wash their face, these babies. What the hell?"

Rivera made his intense plea on Fox's "Hannity & Colmes" program, at one point holding a young child in his arms on camera.

"There are so many babies here," Rivera said. "Take a look, I want everyone in the world to see. ... Look in the face of the baby. ... People [are] suffering, let them go! ... Let them walk over this damn interstate and let them out of here!"

In the same program from another location, Fox's Shepard Smith explained in a excited negative tone that authorities were preventing survivors from leaving the area.

"[Authorities] have set up a checkpoint at the bottom of this bridge," Smith said, noting the structure was the gateway to other parishes where the quality of life was better. "Anyone who walks up out of that city is turned around."

Smith summed up in an urgent tone the thoughts of the survivors seeking to leave the convention center, exclaiming, "Over there, there's hope, over there, there's electricity, over there, there's food and water. But you cannot go from there to there. The government will not allow you to do it. It's a fact."

The convention center has become a symbol of the plight of survivors in the Big Easy.

Trash and human waste have been piling up inside since Monday when residents sought shelter from Katrina, and with armed gangs terrorizing nearby streets, even local police have avoided the area.

"People have been raped and murdered in here," Darlene Joseph, the mother of a 4-year-old boy told USA Today. "There are bodies in the kitchen, babies [teenagers] who had their throats slashed. One is in the cooler."

Earlier in the evening, during an interview with Fox's Bill O'Reilly, Rivera was worried about the potential for even more violence at the center which he termed "hell on Earth," saying the situation was "going to blow" when darkness arrived.

"You should see it, [Geraldo is] running around like a chicken with his head cut off," said one Fox watcher in Kirkland, Wash. "Fox News needs to pull his reports now! The man is trying to start a riot. I have never seen anything so irresponsible."

"I turned it off. It was ridiculous," said another viewer. "The people there seemed well-mannered, particularly considering the length of their ordeal. But Geraldo seemed like he needed a slap across the chin like a frightened heroine in an old-time western. Get a grip Geraldo. If you want to play in the adult world, act like an adult."

But another in an online messageboard defended Rivera's emotion in his reporting, stating, "It is that bad there and it is being glossed over. ... We are not as excited as we should be about this travesty occurring in our own country. Why is that? Why are the cable news networks showing commercials? They went at least a week without them and went round-the-clock after 9-11. This is far worse!"

hotdamn

Re: LOCKED IN NEW ORLEANS!!! ALMOST AS WORSE AS THE HURRICANE
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 03:38:26 PM »
Fuckin racist crackkkers running shit man... shit is fucked up... I feel bad for all those peepz...

CrazYthug2006

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 03:45:19 PM »
I Just think it's quite fucked up ya
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 05:43:12 PM by CrazYthug2006 »

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005, 03:55:07 PM »
WTF??? I can't believe this shit is happening today. It is almost unreal and seriously frustrating. Damn! I feel bad for all those people down there... rape, murder, lack of food and water, human waste...FUCK!!!
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

J Bananas

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005, 04:02:11 PM »
This is seriously making me sick. Fuckin teenage bodies slashed up in a cooler? rapes, shit everywhere, fuck anyone tellin geraldo to calm down, the crackers in charge sure as hell aint gonna show feelings they just gonna let it get worse and worse as long as people on the outside dont know how bad it is.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2005, 04:08:45 PM »
Geraldo and Shepard Smith are on point. I mean, there's no excuse for this. If the people can go out of New Orleans into other cities and seek help, let them fuckin do it. Why trap them and cage them and allow them to die? Are people that fucking selfish and cruel? Just watching that made me feel like crying just like Geraldo.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2005, 04:57:06 PM »
Geraldo and Shepard Smith are on point. I mean, there's no excuse for this. If the people can go out of New Orleans into other cities and seek help, let them fuckin do it. Why trap them and cage them and allow them to die? Are people that fucking selfish and cruel? Just watching that made me feel like crying just like Geraldo.

For real man...this shit is so sickening...everytime I hear shit like this I want to throw up, im pissed