Author Topic: SNOOP DOGG : Prepare To Get Snoopified October 4th  (Read 390 times)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
SNOOP DOGG : Prepare To Get Snoopified October 4th
« on: September 06, 2005, 01:58:43 PM »

-----

Snoop Dogg is a star in the film and television worlds, but we all know that his true calling is in music. The Long Beach rapper is one of the most significant rappers of all time, having pushed gangster rap into the mainstream. Capitol/Priority is pleased to announce the October 4 release of Snoopified: The Best of Snoop Dogg, the only Snoop greatest hits package currently shipping to stores. The high-powered collection includes revolutionary production from hip-hop's most important producers: Dr. Dre, The Neptunes, Timbaland, DJ Premier and DJ Quik.

Snoop Dogg, a modern-day legend of stage and screen, has remained a musical force well into the new millennium. He has shown that, unlike most other rappers, he can sustain his musicality as trends and styles come and go. "He is at once ol'-skool and nu-skool," Kimberly N. Cooper writes in the package's liner notes, "and one of the few to bridge the divide without compromising either side."

When the smooth-flowing Snoop Dogg teamed with fellow rap icon Master P in the mid-'90s, Snoop updated many of his classic recordings. Included on Snoopified are "Still A G Thang" and "Gin & Juice II," two deft reworkings of the songs that made Snoop a star in the first place.

Snoop Dogg also showed while working with Master P that his creative juices remained strong. "Bitch Please," "Down 4 My N's" and "Woof!" were three smash singles contained on 1999's No Limit Top Dogg album that are also featured on Snoopified. In fact, "Bitch Please" and "Just Dippin'" (another No Limit Top Dogg cut also included on Snoopified) marked the reunion of Dr. Dre and Snoop, who reunited in 1999 after not working together for several years because of complications from their respective departures from Death Row Records. Furthermore, Die-hard rap fans will recall that "Bitch Please" was the song that catapulted Xzibit to superstardom.

In 2000, Snoop Dogg worked with Timbaland on the funky "Snoop Dogg (What's My Name Pt. 2)" and teamed with Dr. Dre, Master P and Nate Dogg for "Lay Low," an excellent exercise in gangster lyricism. Both songs are included on Snoopified. The 19-track collection also includes "Beautiful," the first smash single teaming Snoop Dogg with The Neptunes that was originally featured in 2002 on Snoop Dogg's platinum-plus Paid Tha Cost To Be Da Bo$$.

With hit after hit, Snoopified pays worthy tribute to one of rap's most successful, influential and iconic figures. "The story of Snoop Dogg is a Hip-Hop epic that will last as long as the music does," Cooper writes in the liner notes. "After weathering the storms of manhood, gangsterism, and the music industry - all under the unrelenting scrutiny of the public eye - he has become a pop icon, a personality with universal appeal."

Time to get Snoopified. 

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re: SNOOP DOGG : Prepare To Get Snoopified October 4th
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 02:00:40 PM »
wack
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 02:02:50 PM »
Thats from Snoop's OLD label by the way (CAPITOL RECORDS)

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 03:42:24 PM »
"and one of the few to bridge the divide without compromising either side.'

yeah,right  ::)
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

rik

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2005, 03:47:03 PM »
thats goin to be pretty wack

Acgrundy

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2005, 05:25:59 PM »
no deathrow snoop = guaranteed wack