Author Topic: Bush's Mother adds insult to injury, salt on the wound, slap on the face etc...  (Read 374 times)

UAK

Barbara Bush makes hurricane gaff

Sep 7, 2005

Hurricane Katrina victims in Houston, Texas were "underprivileged anyway" and life in the Astrodome sports arena is "working very well for them," former first lady Barbara Bush says.

The comments by the mother of President George W Bush have fueled the ire of some Americans, who see the Bush family as out-of-touch patricians.

"Almost everyone I've talked to says 'we're going to move to Houston,'" Bush said in a radio interview after visiting evacuees at the Astrodome with her husband, former president George Bush.

"What I'm hearing, which is sort of scary, is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality," she said.

"And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this - this is working very well for them."

Her comments aired late on Tuesday on Marketplace, an American Public Radio show broadcast nationwide.

They triggered a flood of negative messages on the Huffington Post, a popular left-leaning blog.

"Cold hearted witch," read one of the more polite comments, signed by IowaDem.

"No wonder her son remained on vacation, playing guitar and eating cake instead of seeing that aid and rescue operations were well-managed."

Another writer found the comments hard to believe. "Did she really say that?" wrote 'Stephen.' "My God! What or who have we become?"

Barbara Bush Calls Evacuees Better Off

By THE NEW YORK TIMES
Published: September 7, 2005

WASHINGTON, Sept. 6 - As President Bush battled criticism over the response to Hurricane Katrina, his mother declared it a success for evacuees who "were underprivileged anyway," saying on Monday that many of the poor people she had seen while touring a Houston relocation site were faring better than before the storm hit.

"What I'm hearing, which is sort of scary, is they all want to stay in Texas," Barbara Bush said in an interview on Monday with the radio program "Marketplace." "Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality."

"And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway," she said, "so this is working very well for them."

Mrs. Bush toured the Astrodome complex with her husband, former President George Bush, as part of an administration campaign throughout the Gulf Coast region to counter criticism of the response to the storm. Former President Bush and former President Bill Clinton are helping raise money for the rebuilding effort.

White House officials did not respond on Tuesday to calls for comment on Mrs. Bush's remarks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/07/national/nationalspecial/07barbara.html

Put this bitch in a nursing home already  ::)

AndrE16686

Hopefully people with this type of mentality will die out  >:(

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
What can I say, fucked up family.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
man did it really take a stupid comment for some of yall to realize that the Bush family and the entire american elite dont give a shit about people of colour and are so far removed from the daily realities of your avg american?
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
man did it really take a stupid comment for some of yall to realize that the Bush family and the entire american elite dont give a shit about people of colour and are so far removed from the daily realities of your avg american?

no, but that family bein in politics in all, ud expect them to try and sugar-coat it instead of sayin summin stupid

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
seriously, lol and jackasses like woodrow wanna republicans don't have a problem with racism or elitism.  Thousands die and the President's mother is poking fun at the poor black people. 

conscious thug

• 'G'
  • CEO of Handsonium Institute
I couldn't believe she said that shit too...if you go to www.allhiphop.com they have an mp3 of it in the rumors section. 

And it's not the first time she's said some dumb shit like that.  When the people were coming back in body bags from Iraq, she was like, "it's not relevant...why should I worry my beautiful mind with something like that?"

She has no grasp on reality, and I think it reflects Dubya's lack of tact when dealing with people.  The had of FEMA is under fire for not responding correctly, and Bush comes in and congratulates him saying, "Brownie, you're doing a helluva job" or something of that nature.

Just fucking clueless.
"If he don't walk through the front door, I don't play here."

-- Frank Sinatra

blend

• Lil Geezy
Thats a really sheltered comment, like wow.. "theyre better off anyway" People with no grasp on realitly will no doubt live longer then you or I however.

Was the original Bush as much of a toss as his son? Cause Im just curious how these ppl got anywhere near the top. 

J Bananas

now I'll never ever hit a woman naw, but I'll slap the shit out of a bush

g unot

fuck man thats some racist ass shit

Sikotic™

Re: Bush's Mother adds insult to injury, salt on the wound, slap on the face etc
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2005, 07:08:28 PM »
There is no way that can be condoned what so ever. I'm sure someone will come in here and praise her anyways. It's sad.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

WestCoasta

^^^ for real, what a stupid ass white bitch (I'm white by the way)

dumb ass white bitch who's racist and is from a nutty family, fuckin old whore..... what a moron, yet no one will do anything about it, that shit pisses me off  >:(  :-\

hempside

• Muthafuckin' Don!
somebody has to take this evilness out quickly!kkks what yall exspect.something good. >:(
heyheyhey smoke weed everyday.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Bush's Mother adds insult to injury, salt on the wound, slap on the face etc
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2005, 05:12:08 AM »
rumour has it she called the hurricane Corrina instead of Katrina LMAO  >:( :(
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin