Author Topic: Communism supresses human nature.  (Read 171 times)

Fathom

• 'G'
Communism supresses human nature.
« on: September 10, 2005, 03:17:20 PM »
Ambition and curiosity are human nature.  Communism allows no room for ambition,  thus suppresing something that makes us human.  Communism had never worked because someone has always been ambitious (Usually a govenment official that is in the right position to enforce his ambition under the cover of community growth).  On paper it's awesome, a utopia, but we are not evolved enough to handle ourselves beyond the notion of rational choice.  It's funny that two completely opposite political ideologies (Communist, Libertairan) have the same goal, the eventual washing away of the governemnt.  The reason Libertarianism has a greater chance of survival is that it does not suppress ambition, it thrives on it.  But I believe at this time neither governemnt could survive.

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
Re: Communism supresses human nature.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 01:46:43 AM »
good post. i agree with everything you say, but we've never had a country with real communism, therefore we can't really say that it suppresses ambition. We've only seen unsuccessful communist governments take power and create closed economies, low life standards, etc.
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 06:47:20 AM »
so far we had people in power ABusing communism for very 'uncommunity-ish', selfish goals
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Fathom

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2005, 10:36:31 AM »
so far we had people in power ABusing communism for very 'uncommunity-ish', selfish goals

Exactly.  The leaders own ambition got in the way of achieving the communal state.

J Bananas

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2005, 10:55:46 AM »
I agree to the fullest. props

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2005, 11:33:27 AM »
Excellent post, now fathom can i get ur opinion on capitalism and its connection with human nature
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2005, 12:36:13 PM »
my dad fidel would be pissed if he read this.

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Fathom

• 'G'
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2005, 08:11:41 PM »
Excellent post, now fathom can i get ur opinion on capitalism and its connection with human nature
Survival is human nature, it's the most animalistic form of human nature (yes I know it's kind of a contradiction).  The rational choice beyond survival would be, survival in comfort.  Comfort means utility (Material).  To aquire utility one needs money.  To aquire money one needs to profit from his/her endeavors.  Profiting from ones endeavors in the most general sense is capitalism.   

BowDown

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2005, 03:48:14 PM »
The same argument can be made for capitalism, since we've never really had a truly free market economy, but rather mixed economies, and in my opinion a corporatist economy.