Author Topic: Exclusive DJ QUIK Interview Now Up @ Westcoast2k!  (Read 1542 times)

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Exclusive DJ QUIK Interview Now Up @ Westcoast2k!
« on: September 08, 2005, 04:15:32 AM »
www.westcoast2k.net

You just know that we had to do it again. WESTCOAST2K hooked up with America's most complete artist, DJ QUIK, for another round.

In this exclusive hour long in depth interview, Quik lets it all out. He's known as the humble producer helping everybody out, but things have changed. As Quik said, "I don't feel like I'm underrated anymore, I feel like now motherfuckers is gonna have to stand up and give me a standing ovation, they gonna have to applaud me. They gonna have to celebrate DJ Quik".

The entire list of discussed topics in this interview is too long to list, but Quik spoke on everything, mainly his new album "Trauma". So come and take a ride with Mr. Quik, and get ready for the album on September 13th!

Quik also had a message for all his fans [available for Mp3 download by clicking here]:

"To all my fans, this is DJ Quik, and I'm sorry, I'm sorry for fucking being around losers for the last 8 years, being around fucking drugheads, being around angry motherfucking womanizing ass fighting people. I'm sorry I hung around them and fucked off my talent, and fucked off my good grades with my fans, and the people that know me for making hit records. So, just know that my best way to apologize to y'all, and to gain y'all favor again, is by making the best record that I could. And I've done it. It's called "Trauma", it's hot, it's ridiculous, it's brilliant, it sounds like nothing else you've ever heard on the planet. You will feel it. Some of the songs might make you cry, it's a lot of emotion in it, because I got it all out of me. And now I feel better. I'm happy, I'm healthy, the record is crazy, and hopefully you will accept my apologies. Thank you. September 13th, "Trauma". People get your ID's ready!"

Last but not least check out an exclusive audio drop he did for Westcoast2k:

» DJ Quik Drop For Westcoast 2k

» Click here to read the entire exclusive DJ QUIK Interview
@ http://www.westcoast2k.net
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Exclusive DJ QUIK Interview Now Up @ Westcoast2k!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 04:27:37 AM »
props Lil Jay.cant wait to read it

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 04:46:01 AM »
very good inderview :)

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 05:06:48 AM »

Nice interview!

So he doesn't know its bootlegged. lol....

and he seems waaaaaaaaaay confident about it... hope things go right!

ABN

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 05:09:36 AM »
is it or me or does Quik always come off as a drunk in his interviews? good interview but some of the answers seems kinda random.

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 05:10:16 AM »
Nice interview. Hopefully Trauma sells because it's one of the best albums I've heard this year.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005, 05:22:43 AM »
Talk about being confident...Thats cool hes gunna make an insturmental version of Trauma....

I wonder if he knows that its leaked already.

How come you didnt ask him?

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2005, 05:59:45 AM »
i gotta admit, i always knew quik had talent but never liked or bumped his albums that much
but this album is off teh chain, dope, i cant stop bumpin black mercedes or the track with TI, seriously thos r the onbly songs i been listening to for the past 4 days

CLASSIC.... west is BACK

Mygla

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2005, 06:06:35 AM »
this was a very good interview... props Lil Jay :)

i B 2 QUIK 2 c

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2005, 06:34:56 AM »
 8) nice interview... just got done reading it (took me forever)... thanks for asking the question about the Red Tape, KK better come through now

im glad Quik is confident, but i hope he doesnt get depressed again if his album doesnt sell or he doesnt get that Grammy nomination... i just cant see it happening because in my opinion the music industry discourages creativity and innovation, everything that Quik is

i cant wait to finally listen to this album on the 13th... so far ive only heard those 3 singles he mentioned in the interview

props again lil jay... ur lucky u get to talk to legends... peace

Bomb-A®

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2005, 06:49:18 AM »
wow he's real confident about this album...i hope it sells....but like some1 said before his answers seem pretty random....he's like jekyl and hyde lol
im real hyped after this interview...i gotta give the album another listen

peace

Capo Di Tutti I Capi

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2005, 07:12:14 AM »
dope interview..props

Matty

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2005, 07:15:17 AM »
thanks that was really cool. he is really confident and should be but i think promotion is an issue. he definitely needs a big video getting a lot of playtime if it's gonna shift a lot of units to start with :-\

i'd go with black mercedes if i had to choose a track as single w/ video but it's out in like a week....

and i can't even order it off play.com :/ £13.99 and an 'import' off amazon.co.uk seems like the best option but it's not gonna be in many record stores outside the states methinks...
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 07:19:55 AM by Matty »

Lucien

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm no longer a supporter of westcoast rap...
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2005, 07:47:51 AM »
you made my day  :)

Rudki

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2005, 08:03:46 AM »
thanks that was really cool. he is really confident and should be but i think promotion is an issue. he definitely needs a big video getting a lot of playtime if it's gonna shift a lot of units to start with :-\

i'd go with black mercedes if i had to choose a track as single w/ video but it's out in like a week....

and i can't even order it off play.com :/ £13.99 and an 'import' off amazon.co.uk seems like the best option but it's not gonna be in many record stores outside the states methinks...

what about ordering from cduniverse? its equivalant to around £8