Author Topic: Exclusive DJ QUIK Interview Now Up @ Westcoast2k!  (Read 1539 times)

T-Dub

Re: Exclusive DJ QUIK Interview Now Up @ Westcoast2k!
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2005, 12:45:39 PM »
Props on the interview, Quik is real confident right now and like others have said I hope his heart doesn't break if it doesn't do as well as he hoped.  I still haven't heard the album so I can't wait until the 13th.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2005, 01:16:59 PM »
Real cool interview Jay, much props. 8)

Shit, I can't wait to cop this shit. I'ma contact the record store and make sure they got that shit too. Man, does he sound happy about the record or what?

Shame about the fall-out he had with all his old comrades though. Suga Free and Hi-C on Quik beats were the shit.

Still, gotta get my hands on this album fast. And I just know it'll be at least 2 weeks from now before I get it, unless they got worldwide distribution. It's all good though, better late than never. I ain't even heard any of the shit yet, except for Fandango - still all the comments about it got me hyped to get it. And the fact that it's muthafuckin DJ Quik we're talking about.

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2005, 01:28:29 PM »
very good job on tha interview!

rik

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2005, 01:58:02 PM »
props lil jay tight interview

Wicked977

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 818 VALLE Bitches!!!
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2005, 02:05:39 PM »

Active Ingredient

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • wake up in tha mornin with my lucky charms cereal
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2005, 02:09:28 PM »
does anyone have that beat that suga free stole and gave to 4-tay "If It Wasn't For You". i dont think i ever heard that shit.

tite interview, definetly a good read.

when he was talking about the intro did he mean track #2? cause the intro on trauma is just the doctors office where he walks in and sits down. that would be tite if the official release on the 13th had some other tracks that didnt already leak

"I keep it gangsta for the kids" -Goldie Loc

Matty

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2005, 02:18:32 PM »
hookup spot

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2005, 02:19:00 PM »
does anyone have that beat that suga free stole and gave to 4-tay "If It Wasn't For You". i dont think i ever heard that shit.

when he was talking about the intro did he mean track #2? cause the intro on trauma is just the doctors office where he walks in and sits down. that would be tite if the official release on the 13th had some other tracks that didnt already leak

yeah track #2
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Active Ingredient

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • wake up in tha mornin with my lucky charms cereal
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2005, 02:20:51 PM »

yeah track #2

thanks, thats what i was thinkin

"I keep it gangsta for the kids" -Goldie Loc

WestCoasta

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2005, 03:27:17 PM »
DJ QUIK
...I didn't have to worry about people's opinions, or who I gotta get on it. Let me get Missy just because she's hot, or let me get Pharrell because he's hot. I didn't have to do that. And that's no disrespect to them, but I'm doing this the original way.

^^ if only everyone could do it like that  >:( Quik's the man! Just cuz he makes records how HE wants em.....

WestCoasta

« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2005, 03:39:48 PM »
DJ QUIK on SUGA FREE

Fuck Suga Free. Suga Free is a nobody. Suga Free is a drug addict. Fuck Suga Free....I caught him, I busted him doing some dumb shit. So I feel like I wasted my time. That's 2 or 3 years of my life, whatever time I spent doing his record. I could have been doing something productive with an artist that can sell fucking way more records than him. He can't even break fuckin 200.000 copies. He's a regional artist, he's stuck here on the West Coast and don't nobody give a fuck about him nowhere else, cause he fucking sucks. He's a talented guy, don't get me wrong. But his business is so fucked up and his mentality is so fucked up, and them drugs got him so twisted, that I can't do shit with him.

damn, Suga Free sounds like a bitch  :o ha, ya think ya know someone

rafsta

« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2005, 07:51:08 PM »
cool interview, quik seems like a real honest person, and a bit of a crazy cunt at times...

westside159

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2005, 12:02:52 AM »
yeah quik's on ponit about his last two album becuz they sucked bad !!!!!!! 

lets hope he doesnt flop like his last two album's becuz if he does say goodbye to mr. quik becuz his career will be sadly over with !!!!!!!

westkoastanostra

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2005, 12:09:59 AM »
^^^ LOL ur acting like his last two albums were as bad asmost of  eiht's albums.....so far i've been hearing good reviews about the album...so as long as the album is good which i know it will quik aint even falling off....

westside159

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2005, 12:15:04 AM »
oh my nigga eiht has never dropped a bad album in his whole career he might have dropped some albums that werent as good as his classic albums but never a bad album thats why eiht is still around today and just dropped a two heaters last year a solo and one with spice 1 and he also dropped tony smallz smoke n the city which was off the hook !!!!!!!!