Author Topic: Does this make any sense?  (Read 318 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Does this make any sense?
« on: September 08, 2005, 10:07:28 AM »

here is the actual press release... http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/08/20050827-1.html

It doesnt take a whole lot of intelligence to realize that the coastal parishes were gonna get hit the hardest. 

« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 10:09:17 AM by Ant »

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
Re: Does this make any sense?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 06:31:04 PM »
That's true, I wouldn't feel safe in any part of louisana if I heard of a hurricane with great magnitude coming..

Fathom

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 06:38:39 PM »
Maybe those areas are completely covered in water and can't be accesed.  Any attempt for aid would be a wasteful use of resources.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 06:41:22 PM by Fathom »

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 07:30:29 PM »
Maybe those areas are completely covered in water and can't be accesed.  Any attempt for aid would be a wasteful use of resources.

Go read the post again.  This map shows the counties that Bush mentioned in his pre-Katrina declaration of emergency.  This press release is dated August 26th, Katrina didn't really hit Lousiana until the 29th.  Why do you have such a hard time grasping simple concepts?

Fathom

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 08:43:48 PM »

Go read the post again.  This map shows the counties that Bush mentioned in his pre-Katrina declaration of emergency.  This press release is dated August 26th, Katrina didn't really hit Lousiana until the 29th.  Why do you have such a hard time grasping simple concepts?

Calm down please.  I didn't read the article.  I made a breif assumption after, very briefly reading your post.  I will go back and take a closer look but please do not attack my intelligence on unfounded grounds.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 10:20:18 PM »
this administration can only prove one thing and thats how stupid they are

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005, 10:39:11 PM »

Calm down please.  I didn't read the article.  I made a breif assumption after, very briefly reading your post.  I will go back and take a closer look but please do not attack my intelligence on unfounded grounds.

What is unfounded?  This post is just indicative of the normal type of bullshit you guys write.  You come charging into one of my threads writing nonsense about an issue you don't know shit about.   

There were less than 50 words to read in my ENTIRE post, and you a) didn't read them, and then b) decided to respond defending Bush.  Now, simple question, why the fuck are you responding to threads you're not reading?   

So shut the fuck up about "please sir don't tell me I'm stupid"  Intelligent people don't talk out of their ass.  You dumb fucks frequently do so. There is nothing unfounded here, you're a jackass, plain and simple.  If you weren't an ass, you might actually make an attempt to find real answers on some of these issues, but instead you just immediately jump to make up some bullshit rationalization to defend Bush who by the way... doesn't give a fuck about you. 

Why don't you do yourself, and the rest of the country a favor and try to be an objective and informed political observer instead of one of the many mindless partisans that degrade our political system and national well-being.  

g unot

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2005, 11:29:41 AM »
i dont get it is the red parts where most da white ppl live or sumthin

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2005, 11:32:16 AM »

here is the actual press release... http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/08/20050827-1.html

It doesnt take a whole lot of intelligence to realize that the coastal parishes were gonna get hit the hardest. 

maybe he was holding the map upside down?  ;D

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2005, 02:59:53 PM »

It's not like it would have helped if Bush actually did go to the places where it mattered anyways. People knew of the storm at least 5 days ahead of time, but instead of walking and maybe getting somewhere higher, they stay in the city and get fucked. It was pretty stupid that Bush didn't go to the coastal counties, but it was also pretty stupid that people were using the excuse "I'm too poor". I guess being too poor also excuses them from using common sense too.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2005, 03:10:30 PM »
People knew of the storm at least 5 days ahead of time, but instead of walking and maybe getting somewhere higher, they stay in the city and get fucked.

Walking to where?  Out of the state of lousiana?  You wanna call these people stupid and at the same time say something as dumb as what you just wrote.  What were people without cars supposed to do, just pack up and go on a 100 mile hike out of town with their kids?    What about elderly people? 

Here is a better idea, people knew about it 5 days ahead of time, how bout someone from the govt... err i dunno, a member of the Bush Administration, Homeland Security, or FEMA get some buses together and send them down.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2005, 03:19:06 PM »
People knew of the storm at least 5 days ahead of time, but instead of walking and maybe getting somewhere higher, they stay in the city and get fucked.

Walking to where?  Out of the state of lousiana?  You wanna call these people stupid and at the same time say something as dumb as what you just wrote.  What were people without cars supposed to do, just pack up and go on a 100 mile hike out of town with their kids?    What about elderly people? 

Here is a better idea, people knew about it 5 days ahead of time, how bout someone from the govt... err i dunno, a member of the Bush Administration, Homeland Security, or FEMA get some buses together and send them down.

As much as I agree that the government screwed up, there is such thing as personal responsibility. People need to take care of themselves when things don't go their way. If they were on higher ground, whether they walked 5 miles or 100 miles, they would have been safe. There is incompentence on both sides of the fence here. Just because you hate the Bush administration, don't let that blind you.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2005, 03:24:17 PM »

whats crazy is, its obvious that the LARGE majority of people who stayed were either poor or elderly. So in some of these peoples opinions....every poor and elderly person in New Orleans must be stupid, because they all stayed. lol. Thats some investigative thinking for your ass. Maybe....just maybe, there is more to it then..."theyre all just stupid". Like Ant said, poor people OBVIOUSLY dont have the means to evacuate like the richer white people in Louisiana did. If they did...then they would have.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2005, 03:27:58 PM »
But neither the governor or the mayor did anything either. I don't know who posted the picture of the bus yard flooded, but those could have been easily used to evacuate those who were unable to move themselves (i.e. the elderly).

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2005, 03:30:59 PM »

As much as I agree that the government screwed up, there is such thing as personal responsibility. People need to take care of themselves when things don't go their way. If they were on higher ground, whether they walked 5 miles or 100 miles, they would have been safe. There is incompentence on both sides of the fence here. Just because you hate the Bush administration, don't let that blind you.

the Storm wasnt what flooded New Orleans...the levee system failing is what did. How would all these people know that the levee system, that is there to prevent flooding...would collapse?