Author Topic: Magic Johnson Helps Katrina Victims  (Read 129 times)

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
Magic Johnson Helps Katrina Victims
« on: September 10, 2005, 06:29:26 PM »
Associated Press: "Magic Johnson promised jobs to some Hurricane Katrina victims living at a shelter in Los Angeles, in addition to helping provide them with shoes, food and entertainment.

The former Los Angeles Lakers superstar runs his own corporation, which includes local TGIFriday’s and Burger King restaurants, 24 Hour Fitness centers and Starbucks.

Johnson told more than 300 families staying at the Dream Center in Echo Park near downtown that he would find jobs for some of them.

“We want to make sure that you understand that somebody loves you and cares about you,” he said Thursday. “It may be tough. It may be a little dim and bleak, but you know what? It’s going to be all right.”

Johnson signed autographs and met with hurricane victims at the center, where more than 60 people were expected to arrive Thursday night, Pastor Matthew Barnett said.

“I’ve greeted the families and hugged them and high-fived them,” Johnson told Fox 11 News. “They’re so happy to see myself, but I’m happy to see them."

Source: http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2005/09/09/sports/s022328D55.DTL

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
Re: Magic Johnson Helps Katrina Victims
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 01:26:28 PM »
 legend on the basketball court and a legend off the court

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 06:27:32 PM »
Does Magic still get groupies/?
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2005, 08:40:22 PM »
i think hes learned his lesson  :-\

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8